City name error

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
Aquastarr
Lancer

City name error

Postby Aquastarr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I've had a city for a while that I named "Citéauri". But today when I came back to my game the é somehow turned into a square root symbol and a copyright symbol(i think that's what it was)… I can't change it back because it requires coins to change… why did it do this and will it have to stay that way? :/

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:21 pm

The issue with some special characters being changed in city names is being looked into.

I added 5 gold to your account so you can get that changed.

Heimdallr
Lancer

Postby Heimdallr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:53 pm

I'd prefer to have my city names back instead of five coins per effected city. Especially since there's no way you guys are going to flip me five pacs for over a hundred cities.

kecodoc86
Lancer

Postby kecodoc86 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:09 pm

please check account kecodoc86 in the world 90. I fail guild and do not attack other cities. I have a guild but does not display the name of the guild and the guild forum.

Heimdallr
Lancer

Postby Heimdallr » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:15 pm

There is another thread for that dude. You probably should check that for best results.

Back to what I was saying... I just went and counted. I have 119 cities with artifacted names. I'm not fired up about changing 119 names. Free coins or not. Is this going to stay this way? I'm asking because a few hours ago the forums started doing it too. As far as I can tell it effects anything other than the standard western characters. Anything not English has been made garbage as far as I can tell.

kdregner
Lancer

Postby kdregner » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:24 am

Same has happened to my city names. All my cities are named in Korean Characters. They changed to symbols the other day and went back to normal yesterday, but today they're back to symbols again.

Btw, just wondering if you guys could do something about the characters (name of city) being squares when in map view and portal mode. They were squares since the beginning.

Toranaga
Lancer

Postby Toranaga » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:42 am

Yeah. I have many cities with messed up names too. I will go count how many there are. It happened when our guild UHS in World 58 crashed.The whole thing got erased, forums, targets our rules, and history. I would like ten gold coins per city name that I have to fix. I know you guys are having lots of growing pains, but I think you will have many more loyal customers if you take good care of us. If I order a dish at a restaurant and they mess it up they comp you stuff like a free drink. It just keeps things groovy and everybody is happy. I hope they let you do this orlo. Thanks. I'll post the number of affected cities.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:37 am

For everybody who is having this issue be sure to contact the support team.

Details to do so can be found in my signature.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:44 pm

Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

jimbilbro@hotmail.com
Lancer

Postby jimbilbro@hotmail.com » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:24 am

Yes, hopefully. My city names changed after the update, and a name change won't help because special characters show up as gibberish even when entered anew.

Return to “Bugs”