Cheating or not

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
OldGamer
Lancer

Cheating or not

Postby OldGamer » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Can you list what is allowed and what is cheating?

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:37 am

Basically, there's no way to cheat in this game expect if you're a hacker and find something to do in order to simplify your game (but, as written in help topic of the game, using this will make you being banned from Valor...).

And as it's human wargame, the way you wants to play is yours, loyal or not, proud or not, the only punishment you can have for your behaviour will come from others players :-P

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:36 am

Thank you for sharing your point of view. But i wrote after a guy asking about a player with 84 scholars in a city and Orlor replying him to send a ticket if he thinks the player is cheating. They deleted their post and let mine.

So here my request: please Playmesh list us those awful actions that you define cheating. Above all please tell us about:
- using multiple accounts
- scholar farming (2 freinds doing it or you doing it using a multiple accounts)
Because those are not cheating at all. Some people do not like them and some people use them but nobody is breaking any rule. Seems many peolpe are confused about it.

OldGamer
Lancer

Postby OldGamer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:39 am

Thank you for sharing your point of view. But i wrote after a guy asking about a player with 84 scholars in a city and Orlor replying him to send a ticket if he thinks the player is cheating. They deleted their posts after i wrote.

So here my request: please Playmesh list us those awful actions that you define cheating. Above all please tell us about:
- scholar farming (2 friends doing it or you doing it using multiple accounts)
Because those are not cheating at all. Some people do not like them and some people use them but nobody is breaking any rule. Seems many peolpe are confused about it.

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 pm

OldGamer wrote:Thank you for sharing your point of view. But i wrote after a guy asking about a player with 84 scholars in a city and Orlor replying him to send a ticket if he thinks the player is cheating. They deleted their posts after i wrote.

- scholar farming (2 friends doing it or you doing it using multiple accounts)

I suspect Chaos and Scholar Farming will be addressed, while they are not direct cheating they were probably not intended ways to play.

Two accounts should be perfectly fine from everything I've read especially if you spend money on both.

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:31 pm

I believe that the only form of cheating that I have heard of is the use of "bots"! But I enjoy the actual game play so I don't see how u could get satisfaction out of having all of your farming and recruiting done for you by a program!

OldGamer
Lancer

Postby OldGamer » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:22 am

Exactly Imya: we have no more chaos after w73. But do you remember what happened when playmesh decided to eliminate chaos from all worlds? I do: old worlds still have chaos :) Maybe playmesh will remember that rules should change in new worlds...

About boring management: ever thought about the time a player wastes collecting resources to build a scholar? It's not the number of resources but the time he needs to log valor and wait for update, go to a city and wait for update, open academy page and wait for update, push PURCHASE and wait for update (when he farms barbs to get resources he must add time to go to a city and wait for update, select troops, send them and wait for update, return to the city and wait while valor updates before getting report and seeing resources).
Now multiply for 20, 50, 100, 200, 600, 1000 cities.
Small players may use scholar farming because they are lazy, but big players have to choose: do i use my valor time to collect resources or do i fight?

Anyway Playmesh guys: can you post cheating actions? Can you tell us which features and which rules are you going to change just because you think it's not the right way to play? Waiting for your reply, thanks.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:23 am

Are you sure this guy really owned these 84 scholars?

I once met a guildless 1-city player (about 17k) having much more than 100 scholars into...

I though that he was once in a guild that hided all them scholars in his little city, to be able to call them back on demand...

OldGamer
Lancer

Postby OldGamer » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:52 pm

I read PWN blog and i am asking again: can PM tell me where i can find a list of cheating actions? When we are going to be banned?
Because i never found anything about it but i saw him referring to use of "magic troops" and negative scholars as not allowed behaviours. Where are Valor Rules?

Return to “Bugs”