Excessive scholars in a city

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
DeMayo
Lancer

Excessive scholars in a city

Postby DeMayo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I'm playing in W83 a city in sector R12 located at 221,161 Has over 400+ scholars in it plus excessive troops. I was doing a guild absorb when I discovered this. The player had left with buildings not fully developed
Has there been a glitch in the system to create this situation? I've also encountered this in three more cities in this sector.

Willia
Knight

Postby Willia » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:06 pm

I have seen this in several cities in different worlds and one was in an active players city. Was told that they just built up these scholars to use their defence and for quick retaliation caps. Not sure if this would apply to other people's strategy but that was the case in that situation. Have seen up to 250 scholars in that city but never seen 400+

eragmus
Lancer

Postby eragmus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:42 am

Ugh.. these bugs are getting so ridiculous.

Yet another of my guild members has just lost tons of troops from a 6k barb that decided to sprout insane levels of troops.

How long is it going to take for a huge bug like this to be fixed...

Willia
Knight

Postby Willia » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:29 pm

I cannot defend playmesh because I have no idea of what their current bug/glitch list is nor what they have for people to do the required work needed to locate and fix a bug but when I ran my games I did all of my coding. They were text based games so pretty simple in comparison to this game. When I had a bug it required searching through pages and pages of code to locate a error, whether it was big or small. Had an error one time that caused massive problems and all it was was a missing bracket. Like finding a needle in a haystack. Some of these things will take time to fix but most take longer to locate the problem than to apply a fix. I am sure playmesh is doing everything they can to get this stuff fixed and just need everybody to be patient.

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Insane amounts of scholars is just another variation of the troop spawn glitch

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:01 pm

I hate this bug with a fury of a thousand suns. We're implementing a fix (ideally today) to prevent this from happening moving forward. If you are being affected by the bug, please send in a support ticket and Orlor can look into it.

Return to “Bugs”