Crash

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
Wwr9bk
Lancer

Ipod current gen

Postby Wwr9bk » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:06 pm

Latest os installed. Crashes like a MS OS. Mostly associated with clicking on anything, city names, buildings, buttons, especially the confirm troop movement one and scrolling cities. Most times no error message, just stops.

jimbilbro@hotmail.com
Lancer

Postby jimbilbro@hotmail.com » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:07 pm

On my iphone 3gs, Valor crashes every time I try to access the guild forum, and the forum often freezes before a crash so that I can't scroll or post. But the worst is that after the crash, every forum post shows as unread -- this makes the guild forum almost completely useless. If you're going to continue allt hese crashes (more random and therefore more frequent on iPad), at least fix the issue with the forum forgetting which posts have been accessed.

Lordmkirk
Lancer

iPad crashes on leaving

Postby Lordmkirk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:39 pm

Mine almost always crashes if I leave to another app or iPad goes to sleep. All my cities have to be refreshed, and I have 200 cities

Gambit
Lancer

Postby Gambit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Ever since installing version 2, valor crashes almost every time I switch between applications. Which is something that must be done frequently (Kakao, notes, photos, ect). This is beyond frustrating. I think the effing app crashed 137 times on me yesterday.

Saying "We're working on it" with no further information is not acceptable.

Unless you can provide an estimated completion date for crash fixes, I plan to rate this app a 1 star and advise everyone that while a fun and addicting game, the abysmal programming and lack of communication make the experience not worth the hassle.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:03 pm

I posted this in another forum but it is applicable here also.

There is an issue with the original ipads running Valor that we are looking into. This would actually work for any of the older devices.

Go into the settings menu for Valor and turn off the graphical city overview.

Play around with that for a bit to make sure the error messages have lessened or completely stopped.

This is an issue we are working on getting resolved so please play with the GCO (Graphical City Overview) turned off until then for the best stability.

Gambit
Lancer

Postby Gambit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Thank you, Orlor, for the response. But I have an iPhone 4s with iOS 5.0

When switching between apps, it crashes EVERY time without fail if I leave it on the map. Otherwise it only crashes about 75% of the time.

Gambit
Lancer

Postby Gambit » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:22 pm

Ok, I turned the GCO off and the crashes have ceased! Not preferable, but better! Unless I leave it on the map, in which case it still crashes EVERY time. Fix ECD pls?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:45 pm

It is slated to be resolved in the update after next.

Our next update will be released pretty soon so unfortunately it wasn't in that one.

Gambit
Lancer

Postby Gambit » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Ok, so version 2.1.2 is now "the version after next", which proclaims "stability fixes". Unfortunately the app still crashed EVERY time, if left on the map, when toggling between apps.

Did the fix get pushed out? Now what's the ECD?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:37 pm

The main reasons for that crashing were resolved with this update.

If you are still crashing I would suggest contacting the support team so they can look into why it is still crashing for you.

Details to contact them can be found in my signature.

Return to “Bugs”