Academy displaying -1 scholar to be educated.

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
NORVAL
Lancer

Academy displaying -1 scholar to be educated.

Postby NORVAL » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:36 am

It started after I captured my first village in this world and replaced the scholar.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:33 am

When the scholar count goes negative it means that when you conquered the city, a scholar was out on support from it. Check the out of town troops and you should see a scholar hiding somewhere.

If this isn't the case or you need additional support please contact our support team. Details to do so can be found in my signature.

bnyhny
Lancer

Postby bnyhny » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:05 pm

So does this mean you have to educate one more scholar to get back to where you were just because the scholar in the target city was away when you conquered the city? That doesn't seem quite fair. Not your fault the scholar was away when you took the city...

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:09 pm

It means you got a free scholar (without buying scholarships or educating one) when you conquered that city. You can recall the scholar from support and use it right away.

bnyhny
Lancer

Postby bnyhny » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:54 pm

But if i end up with a -1 then I
Have to buy scholarships and educate an additional scholar just to get it back to 0 do I didn't really get a free scholar. Ultimately I have to pay for the scholar that belonged to thetarget city. I should be able to have those scholar's free and clear as spoils of the war.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 pm

You didn't have to pay the 50k of each resource or wait the 3 hours to train it. Just because the scholar count is -1 doesn't mean you have to train some imaginary scholar that you never get as a unit. It just means you need to buy more scholarships.

bnyhny
Lancer

Postby bnyhny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:14 pm

I just took a city that had four scholars outside of the city which put me at a -4 for scholar's I can educate. I'm at level 30 scholarships I have to buy 150+ more scholarships before I can educate just one more scholar. With 40,000 lumber per scholarship that a pretty big task. Just because I took a city that had scholars doesn't mean those scholars are in a city that is strategically useful to me. Conquering a city with scholars should not be a penalty or even keep you at the status quo. It should be the spoils of war and a bonus. Just as if you were to conquer a city with troops outside the city- you don't end up with negative recruitment. You end up with additional troops.

Cloud7274
Lancer

Postby Cloud7274 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:37 am

This is a major flaw and needs to be corrected! I'm at war and need scholars in a particular area, however because I capped a city with 5 schols in it, I'm at -5 and now can't build schols in the area I'm at war. It makes no sense to have to gain the scholarships for schols that ARE ALREADY EDUCATED! Here's one for u. I have a guild mate that is inactive and sends his entire troop count to a nearby city for support while I take over his city. After I'm done he has 5 schols and roughly 4000 guards. Now I'm -5 in schols however I haven't lost any resources for the 4000 guards that I'm bringing home. something is wrong here and it needs fixing.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:19 am

But people!! Listen to what Orlor is trying to explain
You gain a FREE scholar!! You dnt have to buy it w resources, what are you complaining abt???
If the scholar you gained (for FREE) is in a city and you wanna relocate it or if you don't get the scholar is FREE then just kill it... How do you kill a scholar? You send it solo (without any troops, you can send several scholars in one hit, they won't survive) at any city; a small barb, a 1K inactive... doesn't matter.
Don't see why this is such a problem... Once the scholar is dead then you are back on your previouse scholarship level...
Well, almost; you now will have lost the FREE scholar ;)

Cloud7274
Lancer

Postby Cloud7274 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:14 pm

Iarlis, plz go back and listen to what u r saying. U said we get a free scholar. If that's the case then why am I having to spend resources to start educating new ones??? Think about it for just a second. I understand u can simply kill them off BUT It makes ABSOLUTELY no sense to have to earn scholarships for scholars that are ALREADY educated!

Return to “Bugs”