New guild forum error 2012-04-23

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
bns001
Lancer

New guild forum error 2012-04-23

Postby bns001 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:24 pm

I just tried to post the following to our guild forum --
--
ajw posted a 30 day walkthrough to an academy at goo.gl/ZdulP .
After reading the walkthrough this time, I analyzed the level goals for day 10, 20, and 30, and made some updates at the link goo.gl/tqy2z .
--
I was warned that my message would not be posted because it had a swear word, phone number, or email address.
First, what's wrong with having a list of guild members and their email addresses and phone numbers?
Next, where was the problem and the game error that you say exists with my post?

Hopefully, this analysis doesn't occur for mail messages, especially since it is broken.

How long will it take to remove the errored logic that was added to analyze the posts to our private forum?

Peace.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Perhaps, the URL address was mistaken for an E-mail address, or the error message should actually say to include URL addresses.

Once could speculate its to prevent posting links to offensive stuff.

bns001
Lancer

Postby bns001 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:21 pm

And yet the error occurred in a GUILD FORUM... where a guild member would be posting a note that might be longer than 900 characters, or might be where a real person in the guild WANTS to share their phone number, email, Facebook page, twitter id, or any other such contact info with FELLOW GUILD MEMBERS. I am even thinking of starting a VALOR player wiki, linking game articles and definitions together in a wiki that any VALOR player could read, and register to edit. Because Valor is international, I was thinking that WIKI (ideal for multi-lingual usage) would be a perfect place to document strategies, and team theory. But given the new logic that analyzes posts, no one can share a link to the wiki in-game.
Last point - there was no '@' in my post, so what in the post was an email address?

I am a programmer. Would some regex that works for an email address help, along with another regex for a phone number?
Last question - where is the list of swear words that you now ban, and are non-English swear words in the list? I am not sure if there was a non-English swear word in my original message, since I don't swear in languages aside from English, German, French, Spanish, and Italian (actually, I am kidding about swearing-- I gave up swearing years ago, but I remember it well) ... because I didn't see any swear words. I would be glad to proofread the list of swear words that you are using, to look fo misspellings... Because my post should have been allowed as it was.
!@&? & !!!
There. I feel better. ;)

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:57 pm

There's the catch, how do you know if a link was posted in the best of intentions.

I don't think regex is Internet proof. Some fuzzy logic may be in place.

Also depending on responsibilities, non programmers may have difficulty modifying a regex entries. Sometimes it's a legal or community person that manages these lists.

Return to “Bugs”