Nerd farming (and an idea for a fix)

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
KingOfWhales
Lancer

Nerd farming (and an idea for a fix)

Postby KingOfWhales » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:37 am

http://imgur.com/QSwENRP

This is unfair. The fact that, through exploiting a system that was never meant to be part of the game, one person can become half as powerful as an entire guild two months into the world.

I'm not going to explain nerd farming, being that if you are smart enough to be on these forums you know what it is, and that it needs to be fixed. It's an exploit that allows one person to ruin the fun of a world single handedly and had been present for far to long.

This issue has been brought up many times, but never has anybody come up with or proposed and idea of actually how to fix it. Well here is my idea.

When you go into negative nerds, reduce the amount of loyalty each nerd can take. IE; -1 nerds takes one loyalty away, so then the max loyalty that you can take down is 24 and the min is 19. -2 max is 22, min is 17.

If there was a linear progression of penalties, it would allow for somebody to end up with 19 more cities than they should be able to get, enough to give somebody a huge, unfair advantage.

Other penalties that could be applied such as luck and moral reductions after the loyalty penalty gets maxed.

This is just my two cents, I hope that a mod or admin or somebody from quark or whoever owns valor now will take the time to at least give me- us some indication that this issue will be fixed in the near future and comment on this issue, or direct me to a place where somebody of that stature has commented on this problem.

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:12 am

Lions of Valor, Guildmasters, and players, already took their cent about nerd farming.

Lots of possibilities were brought to Quark (even to Playmesh when they were still named so).

Just to tell you that the problem isn't how to fix it, just that Quark don't want to fix it. I think they'll maybe do, in a close or distant future. But the problem has been told, and theorically solved, for years. Only thing is that Quark didn't applied any solution, because they gain from the present state (money).

Nick_ValorCM

Postby Nick_ValorCM » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Hiya,

I just shared some more information about how we're fixing nerd farming in an update that's on the way: http://forum.quarkgames.com/announcement.php?f=2
For in-game support, please go to:
Portal > Gear icon ( Upper right of the screen) > Help > Support > Mail Icon

For support outside of the game, visit:
http://quarkgames.zendesk.com/home

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/ValorTheGame

Check out the Valor website! http://www.valorgame.com

KingOfWhales
Lancer

Postby KingOfWhales » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Thank you for the info nick

88honeyball@gmail.com
Lancer

Postby 88honeyball@gmail.com » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:57 am

Nick has replied saying the negative nerds will be fixed in an upcoming release. You can thank the coiners in guild world 12 for funding this latest "improvement". I do like how certain features are applied to older worlds yet some real genuine features not, who gets to decide? Would think the paying clientel would be imvolved. Reducing loyalty influence with negative nerds is not the answer, the player is still at fault, no benefit should be had. If anything give them another medal, wood, bronze, silver, gold and them the guildmaster badge to name and shame when it occurs, so the nerds are still taken away and it reflects on their profile that they so lovely flaunt

Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:58 pm

88honeyball@gmail.com wrote:Nick has replied saying the negative nerds will be fixed in an upcoming release. You can thank the coiners in guild world 12 for funding this latest "improvement". I do like how certain features are applied to older worlds yet some real genuine features not, who gets to decide? Would think the paying clientel would be imvolved. Reducing loyalty influence with negative nerds is not the answer, the player is still at fault, no benefit should be had. If anything give them another medal, wood, bronze, silver, gold and them the guildmaster badge to name and shame when it occurs, so the nerds are still taken away and it reflects on their profile that they so lovely flaunt

Can't tell if trolling or serious... i guess you didn't read the thread where he said exactly how the fix would work. I don't know why you are on here whining about Guildmasters and badges when it has nothing to do with that exploit. you should probably stick to one topic for your rant next time. as for people flaunting their badges on their profile... that's up to them to do. some people feel they achieved something by earning those badges, and in a sense, they did. that's what titles are for, to make people think they have earned something through the countless hours they have spent playing the game. don't try to take that away from them because you're angry about something completely unrelated.

lastly, people have been buying guild worlds since they started, that's not even close to being a new trend.

-Ben

P.S. negative scholar fix is something thats been in the works for quite some time and its time of release has nothing to do with the money spent in GW12.
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

Return to “Bugs”