Slow Typing

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
AceDragon
Guardian

Slow Typing

Postby AceDragon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:39 am

I will try to explain this the best I can. The account with 1600 cities is on Valor HD the other is on regular Valor. I don't know if it makes a difference.

With 1600 cities (or if you have over say 1000 cities).
If you go to Rally Point - Commands - then start entering coordinates it takes 2 seconds for each number to appear. Kind of like when a computer is running slow you press a button 1 and the number does not show up for 2 seconds.
It does the same thing if you want to write an email to someone in the game
It's slow for entering the recipients name and the subject part
But it's weird because in the body part of it it works normal and is not slow at all.
But it only does it if you have a lot of cites like 1000 plus. I have an account with 1600 cities and it does it. I also have an account with 870 cities and it does not have the issue.

Also the account with 1600 cities the map does not work correctly. I can not click on anything.

Kairen
Lancer

Re: Slow Typing

Postby Kairen » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:08 am

Unfortunately this has been an issue for years, even since the old worlds, that once you get a large quantity of cities (sometimes even just 200 or so) the game runs slow and or has issues loading/crashes. The old playmesh team had looked into it at the time and said it wasn't an issue that could be easily solved though I don't remember the specifics since its been so long.

BenTheWicked
Knight

Re: Slow Typing

Postby BenTheWicked » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:54 am

The new Valor team is still looking into this. We have a few systems that we're updating. Then, we will see how that impacts the game's frame rate and responsiveness. If one of those changes helps, we will keep working on it until we have it perfect.

Return to “Bugs”