Landing time changing - amazing !!!

Post bugs you find here. Please read the sticky at the top first!
Benfrom300
Guardian

Postby Benfrom300 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:02 pm

LordFirefall wrote:The precision is directly proportional to how close you are to actual land time. If you're trying to match another players time to a 3-5 second window and your land time is 10 hours away, you'll probably not be successful. If its 10 minutes from now, you will likely be successful.

ive had attacks less than 10 minutes away that have shifted at least 2 seconds, it caused 4 of my scholars to get clipped in w345. i like to write down the land times as im sending so ican see it in front of me and say "ok this is going to go off without a hitch" and it usually does. the times shifting doesnt seem to always happen, which is why i think people have taken to calling it "valor lag"
Guts and Glory Founder
Game name: Achil1es
Kakao ID: iambenfrom300

sancheezy
Knight

Postby sancheezy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Benfrom300 wrote:ive had attacks less than 10 minutes away that have shifted at least 2 seconds, it caused 4 of my scholars to get clipped in w345. i like to write down the land times as im sending so ican see it in front of me and say "ok this is going to go off without a hitch" and it usually does. the times shifting doesnt seem to always happen, which is why i think people have taken to calling it "valor lag"

I agree that distance doesn't seem to be the issue. More of a random occurrence. The answer from Quark is usually just "we are aware of the issue and are working on it....have larger gaps in your attack" :(

Very frustrating when planning out your perfect attack to have scholars land 2-3 second earlier. For a while I wasn't taking an SS of EVERY attack, but since this has happened a few times I screen shot everything (quite annoying when many of the times I do not need those screen shots other than just in case Valor "messes up")! If I dont I will start to wonder what went wrong or as Ben said, just go ol school pen and paper. That's always your best friend in Valor.

It does seem to happen more in GW than other worlds though...

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:14 am

For what I've seen, Valor time may be right... All attacks I've planned based on launch time, with pre-calculated travel time were right... But during the travel, times are changing (except Valor time...), so joining a siege is impossible, but using BattlePlanner and/or other tools (advertissement: as mine :-D) gives good results...

Return to “Bugs”