Is Android update being worked on?

If you are playing Valor on Android, this is the place to post.
cattiebrie
Knight

Postby cattiebrie » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:30 pm

Yes we all know ios is more important to update. Android will wait another year. While ios8 gets an update first.

Eagle73
Lancer

Postby Eagle73 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:01 pm

Yep gotta take care of the minor lag in iPhones when android is unplayable at times

JagTheConqueror
Lancer

Postby JagTheConqueror » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Okay I've played valor on both iOS and android. Each has its own advantages.

First up when it comes to multi-city management android isn't anywhere near the level of iOS. It's so much easier to defend when you're on iOS. Especially when you get to the three digit mark. By the time you figure out which cities are attacked you'll probably lose a few. But again the lag in iOS really counter balances this issue. You never know when your perfectly planned snipe is gonna lag.

Secondly when it comes to attacking android is leaps and bounds better. Just knowing that you can land 5 scholars at the exact same second and land as many clears as needed a second ahead pretty much guarantees you a capture provided you have enough clears to wipe out offence.

And the android city management will only be a huge problem if you play legacy worlds. Otherwise it is very manageable. A bit time consuming maybe but manageable.

So in a way if you adjust your play style android isn't that far behind iOS. I'm not justifying anything here. But imo quark have focused on what's most important ie fixing the glitches.

A big thumbs up to quark for working on the scholar farm glitch.

mclueppers
Lancer

Postby mclueppers » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:23 am

Nick_ValorCM wrote:We are preparing an update for Android this year that will bring it up to par with the iOS version in terms of features and UI.

Unfortunately it is too early at this time to even provide and estimate timeframe for release.

Great news, Nick! I'm really looking forward to these improvements. I must admit I changed my mobile a while back. To that point I was using iOS and never complained about anything. But now 2 years later I decided to come back and play - this time using my Android powered Samsung phone and I was shocked to see black bars on both sides of the screen, missing features for example achievements, city navigation etc that I remember and the more I want to continue playing the harder it is with Android. Honestly for a slightest moment I thought I'm going to buy iPad just to play Valor.

johnnyringo791
Lancer

Postby johnnyringo791 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:07 pm

Nick you said months ago that you were going to update and level the playing field for both apple and android. Sadly you don't reply to any android users and you haven't replied on here for 8 months. We don't see you taking us seriously!

cattiebrie
Knight

Postby cattiebrie » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 pm

Notice how no one else has commented. I really don't care. I call bs. You have no clue as to what the real differences between ios and android are do you?

kisk
Lancer

Postby kisk » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:15 am

I just came back after a 1.5year break. It's December and the last update was in January? Wtf.. Game crashes more then it did back the last time I played in 2014. Bugs everywhere, from crashing to upgrade buildings disappearing. Also, I could not recover my account. I had to re-register with the same email. Guess my old gold and stats are gone.

It's a shame, I just left Game of War for a break after spending over $500. You think I'll spend the same here? Not with these bugs for sure. I probably won't spend any. Why spend when the playing field is not even and others in another platform have an advantage?

ScorpioDeLance
Lancer

Postby ScorpioDeLance » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:35 am

I don't care about Apple IOS updates.
I have 1176 cities on world 17. it takes 18 minutes to go through the 1218 pages of the city list in the portal.
Whenever I try to use a "go to my city" shortcut it crashes.
Trying to get to city on page 75 to send attack etc is a 15 minute PAIN IN THE ****.
None of the other ways to get to a city work (player city list, reports, mail etc) work.
Valor cashes all the time - sending attacks, scrolling through city list, recruiting whatever.
FIX THE ANDROID VERSION TO THE SAME LEVEL OF THE iOS VERSION. YOU AVE BEEN RPOMISING AN UPDATE FOR TWO YEARS. GET OFF YOUR **** AND FIX IT

rrbailey89
Lancer

Postby rrbailey89 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Please developers can your Android base get any answers? I too left the game because compared to iOS we stand no chance at all. Where they are getting update after update we have seen nothing since January. How is this fair? Why are Android and iOS not on the same playing field like other games are in regards to updates. Why is the UI different when it comes to Android and iOS for example maps.

Why are you silent when it comes to Android?

Thank you.

Return to “Android”