Kakao talk

If you are playing Valor on Android, this is the place to post.
MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:31 am

Buy Apple products; kakao works on ervery one, and Valor is much better there ;-P

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Works on my google nexus 7 tablet and worked on my crappy acer a100 tab.

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 am

Hmm i heard they are adding more tablets to kakao. Or vice versa.

stretchjmr
Lancer

Postby stretchjmr » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 am

Not a good idea to have this application! when you agree to the terms you allow the company to take all your information off your phone or tablet! This includes phone numbers, addresses, pictures, videos and anything else you might have that you would consider private information. Plus they're allowed to use any of this information at their leisure!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:51 pm

stretchjmr wrote:Not a good idea to have this application! when you agree to the terms you allow the company to take all your information off your phone or tablet! This includes phone numbers, addresses, pictures, videos and anything else you might have that you would consider private information. Plus they're allowed to use any of this information at their leisure!

As mentioned in the other thread, you can give them minimal info. If you have some proof they are actually doing anything that you claim, let us know.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader
Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 pm

I have had Kakao for 2 years and every feature they have is used to help you find new friends. You can even turn off some of the ones that bother you, like the " invite x person to kakao!" one. I have never had aproblem with Kakao giving out my information or bothering the people on my phone's contact list.

They might be taking my information to study it but lets face it: pretty much every internet service makes money off of the information you give them. The only exceptions I know of are paid email accounts. Only paid email accounts are truly private...even facebook, twitter, etc use your "private" information somehow.

I mean no offense by this but if you are truly that worried about companies gathering your information, you might want to consider not using the internet...remember... TANSTAAFL

stretchjmr
Lancer

Postby stretchjmr » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:13 am

I use my phone for business, I cannot take the chance, that might allow them to steal my identity.... what is TANSTAAFL?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:53 am

Stretch, many of us use our phones for business. As someone mentioned in the other thread, there are apps out there that can give you a dummy number for texting, if you are concerned with Kakao hijacking your number.
W95 Praetorian Guard Guild Leader

Kakao: LordFirefall or Firefall

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:52 pm

TANSTAAFL is a quirky saying in economics, means "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!"

Its a reference to the days when bars offered free lunch to whoever bought drinks. The cost of the drink you bought would offset the loss they took for making you lunch, so in all reality you werent getting a free lunch.

Its a general rule that means nothing is free, the provider gets paid somehow.

As for dummy numbers, those work very well. Textfree is an app I know of but that might be IOS only. Not sure.

almarzoqi1985
Lancer

Postby almarzoqi1985 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I have it what can I do with the kako massager

Return to “Android”