Can someone get me up to speed? New player with questions about servers.

If you are playing Valor on Android, this is the place to post.
jfoe1980
Lancer

Can someone get me up to speed? New player with questions about servers.

Postby jfoe1980 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Hello. I have been hearing about this game for a long time from my buddy at work who once got me addicted to Travian. I ended up hating Travian, but Valor seems much better. And the in game prices seem fair, and not mandatory like other city war games I have played. Actually this seems like the ONLY reasonable option for city war gaming on the go as Travian was way to hard because you had to be on the PC all the time, and the other game Hobbit Kingdoms, Arcane Emipires etc... seem OK, but more like money gougers looking for suckers. I always have my phone handy so this seems right up my alley. So I signed up today and it put me in world A5, called Estim. I wanted to quit this world as it seems pretty low on players. And I found literally 3 market orders. However, I couldnt find anyway to quit it just kept saying I would "float away". Is this the only world available to android players? And if so is it pretty new and just filling up? Because that would be perfect for now. So should I stick around here and expect to see it fill up? Or is there a way to look elsewhere?

Finally, are there push notifications? It would be nice to know when I get attacked, and when building are done being constructed.

Oh, one final question. Is there a way to set my ingame time? It's always has completion times set to weird hours which look like another time zone. I would like to get that fixed ASAP!

Aethlstan
Guardian

Postby Aethlstan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:53 am

First, valor is probably the best game for mobile devices. You'll be happilly addicted.
Second, worldA5 just opened and it will take time to fill up. Stay there!
Third, as this is a port from ios some features arent available yet, including push notifications, but they are working hard to get them to us
Fourth, the game uses Greenwich Medium Time, (im pretty sure) AKA Zulu Time, and you cannot change it. Its universal for all players and in time you will come to appreciate how wonderfully useful having a standard time for everyone actually is. Its a great help, especially when you are trying to coordinate with other players.

Hope you enjoy the game!

jfoe1980
Lancer

Postby jfoe1980 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Aethlstan wrote:First, valor is probably the best game for mobile devices. You'll be happilly addicted.
Second, worldA5 just opened and it will take time to fill up. Stay there!
Third, as this is a port from ios some features arent available yet, including push notifications, but they are working hard to get them to us
Fourth, the game uses Greenwich Medium Time, (im pretty sure) AKA Zulu Time, and you cannot change it. Its universal for all players and in time you will come to appreciate how wonderfully useful having a standard time for everyone actually is. Its a great help, especially when you are trying to coordinate with other players.

Hope you enjoy the game!

Thanks for the info. I was thinking after I posted this that setting up attacks in Travian was always a pain in the butt because of the time differences. The server seems to be filling up pretty fast. So it looks like it's going to be fun.

Darhorse
Knight

Postby Darhorse » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:24 pm

*Greenwich mean time

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 am

jfoe1980 wrote:Hello. I have been hearing about this game for a long time from my buddy at work who once got me addicted to Travian. I ended up hating Travian, but Valor seems much better. And the in game prices seem fair, and not mandatory like other city war games I have played. Actually this seems like the ONLY reasonable option for city war gaming on the go as Travian was way to hard because you had to be on the PC all the time, and the other game Hobbit Kingdoms, Arcane Emipires etc... seem OK, but more like money gougers looking for suckers. I always have my phone handy so this seems right up my alley. So I signed up today and it put me in world A5, called Estim. I wanted to quit this world as it seems pretty low on players. And I found literally 3 market orders. However, I couldnt find anyway to quit it just kept saying I would "float away". Is this the only world available to android players? And if so is it pretty new and just filling up? Because that would be perfect for now. So should I stick around here and expect to see it fill up? Or is there a way to look elsewhere?

Finally, are there push notifications? It would be nice to know when I get attacked, and when building are done being constructed.

Oh, one final question. Is there a way to set my ingame time? It's always has completion times set to weird hours which look like another time zone. I would like to get that fixed ASAP!

Welcome to the game friend. I head up the Valor Game Team and it's always nice to see a new player drop by and leave a note. If you find things you'd like to change about the game, come here and post. We read everything.

Return to “Android”