Android Competitions

If you are playing Valor on Android, this is the place to post.
Batelllion
Knight

Android Competitions

Postby Batelllion » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 pm

I would like to put my view towards the competitions held in A21,
I frankly do not think that only rewarding the top 25 people was a good idea,from my point of view there are many more online people,if i say you are giving preference to those guys who are using gold than i don't think i am wrong,atleast top 100 players should be considered......

kilog
Lancer

Postby kilog » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:10 am

Whats a competition?

greyshadow
Lancer

Postby greyshadow » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:09 pm

I won rewards on A20. I don't use gold. So I would say that if you play the game you can over come those that use gold.

Kilog, it is a contest with rewards for reaching higher ranks during a set time.

Baphometh
Lancer

Postby Baphometh » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm

I would say that you didn't beat anyone that used gold, greyshadow. The only advantage that gold gives is that it lessens the amount of time that it would otherwise take to build your city. The last competition had a shorter lifespan than the first comp. So short that anyone that used gold was going to place without ever being in jeopardy of being capped by a non-gold user. The last comp was basically a raffle with the winner being the one that bought the most raffle tickets.

Your statement, "So I would say that if you play the game you can over come those that use gold.", although not completely incorrect is not accurate when taking into account the competition's limitation of time. And although I do not use gold either I still managed to place high enough to win prizes. But I have no delusion about my abilities or the limitations that are set in the game. If its a race to build academies and my competition reduces their build time by buying an eight hour reduce then they win.

Batelllion
Knight

Postby Batelllion » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:14 pm

you need to be very much online on the game,i also missed the top 25 by just 2 or 3 ranks on a21,but that is not that saddens me,i only wnt to say if these guys want too promote their gold and get the non gold using guys the taste of gold use they need to atleast take top 100 in view.........because the top25 include the most gold users there are only 5 or 6 of them who don't use gold.......orlor,orlor,orlor........i would like you to comment on this please.....i want your views on this please........

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:51 pm

The top 50 did win a prize for the first checkpoint, after that it was top 25.

Not everybody can be a winner in a competition. Top 25 is usually a nice balance to include enough people but still have the prizes be worth while.

As for the length of the competition that is something that could change again whenever the next one occurs. Longer? Shorter? Who knows?!

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 am

Yeah, top 25 is good enough. It's a competition, not a hand out.

Return to “Android”