New to Valor? Read me first.

Home to guides/videos that will help you in Valor.
Orlor

New to Valor? Read me first.

Postby Orlor » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 pm

The document is geared towards new players who have gameplay questions not covered in the help file.

How do I change my name?

You can change your name by going back from the main portal screen. Look for the icon in the top right corner.

How do I conquer another city?

You will need to use a scholar to lower the loyalty of the other city. Once the scholar successfully converts a city, he is merged into the city and cannot be used again. Your scholars must be accompanied by troops, or the scholar will die. Scholars are educated by building an academy.

Why can I not enter every world?

Once worlds are full, they are closed and new users cannot enter them. We are constantly opening new worlds however, so you will have many more opportunities to join new worlds with your friends.

How do I manage my guild (promote/demote)?

If you are the admin of your guild, go to guild> go to members> use the kick/promote/demote buttons.

A rogue guild member attacked one of our allies, how did this happen?

This is intended behavior. If it were not the case, players could not send attacks to allied cities. This is a tactic some players utilize intentionally.

I promoted a guild member to Warlord and he kicked me, the guild creator. Bug.

When you give another player Warlord status, he or she has equal admin powers over the guild and has the ability to kick members. If you are kicked, you must communicate with your guild and try to resolve this issue yourself, as support does not re-instate guild leaders and kick out members for you.

I got the update to Valor and my city is gone!

You need to swipe your finger on the main world portal to unveil the other worlds.

Why were my troops were killed when attacking a Barbarian city?

You will suffer some loss, depending on the morale of your troops and if the city had a wall. Barbarian cities cannot grow troops, but other players can support and defend a barbarian city. The barb city has inherent points that can overcome a weak attack.

I conquered a city, then conquered it again. Bug.

This is intended in Valor. After you conquer a city, it can still be conquered again by you, so plan the number or rallies you send. Most likely you want to send just enough scholars for the conquer, unless you are in a situation where you must over send rallies to guarantee a conquer (Maybe you are competing with another player for the same city).

Why is my Kill Score not increasing?

KS should only go up if the attacking army kills defending units. If you attack a city that has no troops, your score will not increase.

Why can't I recruit more troops?

The top right of your City Overview screen will show your food limit, which is indicated by a man icon. This will show how much of your food limit has been used. For example, 300/500 that means you have room to allocate 200 units of food. For more food, you must upgrade your farm.

Can others see if I send scouts to their city?

The other player will always see your incoming attacks, including scout rallies, but he or she cannot see what type of units are sent. The only exception is if you use instant scout (premium item).

What's the point of demolishing buildings?

You will have more farm space and fewer point, or if you conquer another city, you may choose to demolish any buildings you don't need. You can have certain cities focus on building certain strengths.
You will have more farm space and fewer point. If you conquer another city, you may choose to demolish any buildings you don't need. You can have certain cities focus on building certain strengths.
I have scholars or troops in my rally point but I can't command them.

You will have more farm space and fewer point, or if you conquer another city, you may choose to demolish any buildings you don't need. You can have certain cities focus on building certain strengths.
If you have received support from other cities, these act as defensive troops and you can't send them into battle.

How do I gain back loyalty?

Loyalty grows automatically by the hour. See the world info page for the growth rate in your specific world.

I am getting constantly bashed by a player 10,000 points above me.

We have created the early player protection so players have the time to join a guild and build their cities to prepare for the competitive environment of the game. Valor is a competitive game, and many players are striving to dominate their surrounding regions. Some players will try to farm you if your city is weak. The best way to protect yourself is to build your defense, join a guild that will support you, or request from the player or the player's guild admin for the attacks to stop.
(1) Don't leave troops to kill or resources to pillage. Always send you troops to farm other cities. If another player scouts you and sees your units as a juicy target, he or she will farm you for the kill score. Even if you lose troops to begin with, it keeps them from being spotted by strong players. Send out the newly minted troops. You can also support a barbarian city temporarily to dodge the attack. Spend your resources before the attack hits so the attacker doesn't benefit from the rally.

(2) Upgrade your Hiding Place until you are more developed.

(3) Message the player to let him or her know that you are an active player.

(4) Message the player's guild admin.

Return to “Tutorial Area”