City View Construction FAQ

Home to guides/videos that will help you in Valor.
starhammer
Guardian

City View Construction FAQ

Postby starhammer » Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Q: What is the Graphical City Overview?

A: The Graphical City Overview, or GCO, is simply the term used for the top down view of your city (this view can be toggled on/off by clicking the gear icon to visit “Settings” ;) . You’ll now notice two brand-new icons in the GCO.

Q: How do I construct a new building while in the GCO?

A: To construct a new building, click on the “Hammer” icon in the upper left hand corner of the GCO. This will enable “Construction Mode” and display for you plots of land on which you can construct buildings. Only plots that contain a yellow icon can have buildings constructed on them at that point in time. For example, you’ll notice in the screenshot below that the Academy plot does not have a yellow icon and therefore cannot be built at this point in time. That is because this is a new city and we have yet to fulfill the requirements for building an Academy.

Once you have chosen the building that you wish to construct, click on the appropriate plot. That will bring up a window detailing which resources are needed in order to begin construction. When you are ready to begin, click “Construct”.

Q: How do I upgrade a building while in the GCO?

A: Upgrading is very similar to the construction process detailed above. To upgrade a building, first enable “Construction Mode”. Next, click on the building that you wish to upgrade. That will bring up a window detailing which resources are needed in order to begin upgrading. When you are ready to begin, click “Upgrade to Level ##”.

Q: How do I view my building queue while in the GCO?

A: To view your building queue, click on the icon underneath the “Hammer” icon in the upper left hand corner. This will bring up your building queue. From there, you can view which buildings are scheduled for construction, you can speed up construction or you can cancel construction by clicking “x”. Your building queue will also briefly appear automatically each time you begin construction.

Q: How do I demolish a building while in the GCO?

A: To demolish a building, first enable “Construction Mode”. Then, click on the building that you wish to demolish. When the window comes up, you will see a slider that you can activate to enable the downgrade option. Remember- you must have a level 15 City Hall in order to be able to demolish buildings.

To revert back to the upgrade option, simply activate the slider once more.
To submit a support ticket, please visit the following link: https://playmesh.zendesk.com/home

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer." - Hans Gruber, Die Hard

Return to “Tutorial Area”