Welcome to the Tutorial Area of Valor

Home to guides/videos that will help you in Valor.
Orlor

Welcome to the Tutorial Area of Valor

Postby Orlor » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Valorians!

Guides and any tutorial videos will be stickied in this forum for all who need the knowledge they contain.

Do your guild mates constantly ask you what a scholar is and what it does? Send them here!

Do people ask you what units to build first all of the time? Send them here!

If you believe we are missing a key piece of information that people should know in Valor be sure to let us know!

Even better just drop your knowledge about a subject here and if it is considered worthy it will be stickied with some Valor gold sent your way!

Check out our game mechanics wiki at http://valorgame.com/wiki/strategy/game-mechanics-overview/

lordrickard7
Knight

Postby lordrickard7 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

ooo awesome idea!

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Nicely done big O

ILockHiM
Lancer

Postby ILockHiM » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm

oh nice ;)

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Hey all im going to briefly describe a feq things hopefully. One is a the thread said scholars. Scholars is used to decrease the morale of a city. By sending enough scholars to drop the morale to 0% you then take over that city. My advice is send 5 waves each with one scholar (doubling up doesnt decrease morale faster) with plenty of troops to defend this scholar. Send more than you think is neccesary because scholars get veerrryyyy taxing on all your resources. However, when u start attacking higher level barbs (short for barbarian cities or the grey ones) and players send a few "clearing waves." Meaning waves of only troops to do three things. 1. Exhaust their reources so they cant defend as much or efficiently. 2: clear their troops within the city 3: destroy the walls which adds as defense.

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:36 pm

(Few spelling errors from above thread in order : few* "one is as the thread said scholars"*,) i forgot to add each scholar reduces the morale of a city by 20% if the scholar survives during attack. And also after you conquer a city (0% morale) one scholar gets "consumed". meaning you lose your last scholar that successfully takes over the last percentage of morale in a city. When city is conqured quickly build up your wall first with plenty of resources and troops incase the player counter attacks.( he could have troops already on route with the sole purpose to defend their city... he/she could even have a scholar to retake the city) after city is captured you dont have 100% morale, your in the red, correct me if im wrong, around 20%?. Finally, send scholar waves about 3-5 minutes apart so the waves wont conflict or morale increases again.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 pm

SoulScreecher wrote:(Few spelling errors from above thread in order : few* "one is as the thread said scholars"*,) i forgot to add each scholar reduces the morale of a city by 20% if the scholar survives during attack. And also after you conquer a city (0% morale) one scholar gets "consumed". meaning you lose your last scholar that successfully takes over the last percentage of morale in a city. When city is conqured quickly build up your wall first with plenty of resources and troops incase the player counter attacks.( he could have troops already on route with the sole purpose to defend their city... he/she could even have a scholar to retake the city) after city is captured you dont have 100% morale, your in the red, correct me if im wrong, around 20%?. Finally, send scholar waves about 3-5 minutes apart so the waves wont conflict or morale increases again.

Hey SoulScreecher -- You should really consider writing an expanded discussion on scholar usage. I think you've hit a lot of important points, but I know I'd be interested in reading a detailed conversation on scholar strategy from one of our players.

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Troop thread:
Lancers - good for defense (good against calvary?)
Scouts - used for well scouting. Make sure you have a lot of scouts before scouting a city and even just for defense. Because they can be killed or kill other scouts, and even stop scouts from scouting or reduce the info brought back. (ALWAYS SCOUT A CITY FIRST BEFORE YOU ATTACK TO SEE IF ITA WORTH IT, CAN CAPTURE, OR GOOD USE OF RESOURCES)
Berserker - good for attacking. (Strong against lancers?)
Calvary - good for attacking, transporting and travels fastest. (Strong against berserkers?)
Guardians - amazing at defense against anything. (Weakness calvary?), (have both guardians and lancers for defense)
Battering ram and ballistae - used for destroying enemy walls. Slow transport time. Have plenty of both or one of them in each wave to keep enemy wall at 0.

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Forgot something on scholars sorry, i believe you need 5 scholarships/scholar. Each scholarships is i believe 30,000 lumber 20,000 clay 25,000 iron. Each scholar is 50,000 of each resource . See what i mean verryy taxing on resources. So dont waste/lose your scholars!! :)

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 pm

BEGINNER'S: for anyone just starting out in any new world focus soley on resource upgrade such as lumbermil l, ironmine, and quarry and warehousebto accomadate reources. With a few stray upgrades such as level 2-5 barracks level 1-3 forge. Nearing the end of bp (beginners protection), especially in worlds thats been out long, upgrade farm and barracks and walls to have protection from stronger people talking your abundant resources ;)

Return to “Tutorial Area”