Welcome to the Tutorial Area of Valor

Home to guides/videos that will help you in Valor.
SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Farming:
Farming pretty much means attacking players or barb cities repeatedly for the three resources. If your being farmed focus on lancers guardians and your wall. (The wall is huuuge asset in defense. The wall can help you win or lose a battle) however this is probably what your doing already i hope. My best suggestion is ask for help from guild mates.via resources or troop support or get them to attack whoever is farming you. If your not in a guild it gets a lot harder. Mail her/him to stop. Or make him go on the defensive, if your daring enough, by building lots of quick build attacking troops (berserkers) or fast travel attacking troops (calvary). A better idea is send lts of waves at whomever is farming you with a few troops to get him scared and defend. Giving you much needed space time and break to rebuild walls and defensive troops.

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Attacking:
If you think of attacking a player or even a barb there is a few things you should do or keep in mind as well as tips. One is ALWAYS SCOUT FIRST. Scouting is the most important thing to do if you ever think about attacking an enemy player and/or barb. Scouting allows you to see the wall level, resource count, and troop count. (if you are thinking of conquering a city it will also show if conquering that specific city is worth it because the scout reports also show building levels). Read the scout report and see if attacking this city will be more beneficial to you then non-beneficial. I mean that by attacking it you will bring back more resources lost from troop deaths or resources put into attacking this place. Always send an abundant amount of troops to wherever your attacking. Its better to send more than what you think will suffice due to scout report because the player may have a chance to build up their defensive army, get support from their other cities or guild mates and kill all your troops and counter attack leaving you vulnerable.
Tips:
-send more than you think is necessary
-always be ready for a possible counter-attack
-only attack if you have enough resources to defend
-attack if beneficial to you rather than non beneficial
-if you are weak, try to aim attacking players that are closer than you rather than farther. (this also works for strong/advanced players), giving the defending player less time, to well defend and receive support.

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Conquering, few tips:
-don't go "easy" on conquering enemy cities or barbs (barbs can be conquered too), because you don't want to lose resources or fear of losing a scholar. Conquering a stronger city will be seriously beneficial to you in the future/long run then a weaker city.
-conquering is difficult and requires different strategies for different conquering occasions
-if your in a guild and the player is stronger than you and has more than one city ask for help and get another guild mates to weaken the other cities or even conquer so everyone gets another city and loses less resources.
-conquering takes time and resources, so don't send troops that "will do" or "should suffice/work" send LOTS

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Side note, :$ i can also combine all threads if you want into one reply?

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Random pointers/tips that come to my mind ;p:
-no mercy, never let someone have a break
-be friendly, make allies not enemies
-diplomacy is always the best policy, try to avoid war as much as possible, especially with a strong/stronger guild(s)
-barbs regenerate resources, not sure how fast but pick some barbs close to your city and repeatedly farm them for resources.
-farming the same barbs increases that specific barbarian city's points. Meaning, it will be harder to attack buuut more resources for you to take and when the time comes to conquer that barbarian city, the points will increase a lot (well depending on how much you farmed that specific city) and in doing so, each building level within the barb will also increase. Making you conquer a strong barbarian city with a strong base structures for the city.
-make friends with people around you
-help each other out within your guild
-STAY ACTIVE :) don't quick because game starts off slow, which it does or your getting farmed, keep playing and everything will work out eventually. :)

Thanks all whoever read all my posts, if there is anything you like to add or say, or correct any of my mistakes (i might have a couple i typed a lot :p ) please post a reply and ill make the appropriate corrections where necessary thanks :)

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Better in one thread so I can figure out what I want Orlor to do with it. :D

SoulScreecher
Lancer

Postby SoulScreecher » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:04 pm

LOL good point there pwnlaw ;p orlor will be happy ;D

jcomia
Lancer

Postby jcomia » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:40 pm

How do I recruit troops? Do they just come automatically as I upgrade the Barracks, Stables, etc? I've been getting them only through quests.

AryaStark
Lancer

Postby AryaStark » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:46 am

I am so confused, this game seems really complicated but I'm totally addicted, any help will be greatly appreciated

LordEmitheBrave
Lancer

Postby LordEmitheBrave » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 am

How many Scouts you must send to gets full report?I send usually 10 because I don't have many.

Return to “Tutorial Area”