Home of all Lore.
Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh I think I know the answer to this one

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Hey I just came up with a question who do you think could most likely win valor the most powerful ones the mediams the Weaks or the regects

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Sun May 13, 2012 2:36 am

A wise man once said "the pen is mightier the sword" another saidWhoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has never seen an automatic weopon" my quistion is is it possible to create a weopon so powerful that knowledge is useless against it or is knowledge in itself the greatest weapon. And how did i as a 14 year old aqcuire so many philosiphos quotes? Two questions i have put much thought into.

Destroyer75
Knight

Postby Destroyer75 » Sun May 13, 2012 10:09 pm

Well josh if you think about it you'd have to use your knowledge to make a weapon greater than your knowledge

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Mon May 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Jimmyrustler wrote:If your so amazing why do you alone not rule everything?

I desire neither the throne nor the petty squabbling of men attendant to the rise to such a position. I prefer to walk these lands, learning without obligation to land or lord. It is the accumulation of knowledge I seek, and on that score I reign uncontested.

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

Destroyer75 wrote:Hey I just came up with a question who do you think could most likely win valor the most powerful ones the mediams the Weaks or the regects

It is oft said that the meek shall inherit the earth, but experience seems to suggest that the strong will have a good long run first. I expect it will be a leader of men, not a destroyer of men, that will take the throne. Alas, a reign based upon compromise oft shows the cracks of dissent. Eventually a tyrant shall rise, but it remains to be seen whether the people will shall shrug off the heavy hand and claim their own freedom.

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Joshuasky wrote:A wise man once said "the pen is mightier the sword" another saidWhoever said the pen is mightier than the sword has never seen an automatic weopon" my quistion is is it possible to create a weopon so powerful that knowledge is useless against it or is knowledge in itself the greatest weapon. And how did i as a 14 year old aqcuire so many philosiphos quotes? Two questions i have put much thought into.

Perhaps you look at the question too narrowly. Certainly a pen would be of little defense against a crank crossbow at range, but that is not the relevant context. You should instead look to the broader scale, to interactions between masses of people and the power of thoughts to drive action. A single incendiary word upon a tattered page can launch armies. A well chosen phrase can turn a hamlet into a mob. Nations burn upon the back of manifestos. This is the power of a pen, and no sword can match it.

Now you must wonder at my capabilities, for I have been known to carry NUMEROUS quills, thanks to the ready supply of feathers donated by Sir Cluckles.

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Sat May 19, 2012 7:09 pm

Ah words of wisdom. Like a breath of fresh air.

Darhorse
Knight

Postby Darhorse » Mon May 28, 2012 3:08 am

What are your views on the alliances of guilds such as that of the sovereign guilds on the world of mara and the friendships they create?

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Tue May 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Darhorse wrote:What are your views on the alliances of guilds such as that of the sovereign guilds on the world of mara and the friendships they create?

It is folly to believe one can attain the throne without support. A well organized guild is the very heartbeat of any intelligent war campaign, and I have oft marveled at the feats attained by the more prominent guilds in Valor. As for the world of Mara, I know it well. One cannot travel the realm without coming into at least some contact with the association of Sovereign Guilds -- one of the most powerful assemblages I have yet seen. Word is that the likes of Lord Werra, Lord RasKlaat and Lord PhoenixGate are among the most dedicated tacticians within the realm. Naturally, they are not without competition -- Guardians, The Gathering Storm and MDK come to mind.

Ultimately the success of these guilds will depend almost entirely on the bonds of friendship linking them together. The throne is tempting, and only one person may sit atop it.

Return to “Lore”