Meet Ahnselm Morrow

Home of all Lore.
Morrow

Postby Morrow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm

MrSky wrote:Mr. Morrow, what do you know of transmogrify?

How strange that you should bring up the subject of transmogrification...why just the other day my colleague Falman Quiddlebog was telling me about his attempts to create a transmogrifier. He dabbles in metaphysical engineering, you see, as it pertains to studying the existence of the spirit. Of course, metaphysical engineering is not a science that is recognized by the majority of the academy. But Quiddlebog always was something of a free thinker.

His idea of a transmogrifier was a lens that would change the nature of light itself, so that the beams would shine, not only on physical bodies, but on spiritual ones as well. Quiddlebog put himself in danger many times taking his prototypes out onto live battlefields. He thought he might catch a glimpse of a spirit at the moment it was leaving its body. Pity he never did get his calculations quite right.

Engininja
Lancer

Postby Engininja » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:19 pm

Morrow wrote:....I realized quickly that the world had quite enough manure without me adding to it.

Well said Mr. Morrow ;-)

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 am

Morrow, we have looked upon your wrinkled face for a glimpse into the future. We have questioned your universal knowledge to create unity and peace in our current paradigm. We have listened to the smell of your aged breath with closed lungs and open minds. We have heard stories of your relationship with a chicken, of which we pass no bad judgement. I believe I speak for the majority when I express gratitude to you, the chicken, and your fascination with fungi. Your presence among us and before us is quite enlightening to say the least. I am certain that there is much to be learned from you, and you have answered many questions already presented to you with fascinating replies. If I also may add to the needle's point on this thread, then I would be most gracious of your aged wisdom. I have only one question to ask of you: what do you want from us?

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:31 am

Engininja wrote:Well said Mr. Morrow ;-)

Why thank you, Engininja. It brings a warm glow to my heart to see you looking through the bygone pages of my wisdom. That year studying compost...I still think of it fondly. It was a simpler time. No demands to publish, publish, publish. No Academy politics to navigate. Just me, the fields, and the pungent odor of horse dung. Perhaps you too are interested in compost? I would be happy to discuss it more at leisure if you are so inclined.

Noelright
Lancer

Postby Noelright » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Well hello morrow I ask of you one question, why do scholars aka clowns or nerds get so fat over time and when we send our scholars to attack why does it take so long for the attack to hot and come back, will there be a way in the near future to speed up that proses?

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 pm

Noelright wrote:Well hello morrow I ask of you one question, why do scholars aka clowns or nerds get so fat over time and when we send our scholars to attack why does it take so long for the attack to hot and come back, will there be a way in the near future to speed up that proses?

I am confused, sir. Do you really think it is sound policy to petition your elders for knowledge while insulting them in the same breath?

It is your first time approaching me with your questions. Perhaps you have not read of my background. Perhaps you do not know that I myself am counted among that proud class known as the Scholar. Perhaps you do not understand the all-encompassing thirst for knowledge that drives us to move slowly through life, not out of sluggishness or corpulence, but out of the burning desire to understand everything we encounter. I suggest you learn.

Care and meticulousness distinguish us from those who rush into conversations and trip over their own tongues.

IceDragan
Lancer

Deffence

Postby IceDragan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:08 pm

When I enter a world without chaos and am weak with little Defence and have no coin for truce , and on top of that have no wifi for 7hrs every week day, how do I protect myself for that 7 hrs without always relying on my guild mates

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:24 am

IceDragan wrote:When I enter a world without chaos and am weak with little Defence and have no coin for truce , and on top of that have no wifi for 7hrs every week day, how do I protect myself for that 7 hrs without always relying on my guild mates

You might avail yourself of calling out to your favorite deity. Do you have any good luck charms that might ward off the notice of hostile attackers? I've always wanted to try defending a city by telling all the farmers to plant onions. When enemies draw near, your citizens simply take your crop to the battlements and proceed to cut them all at the same time, while assistants wave sheets to blow the fumes down off the walls and towards the approaching army. If these methods do not avail you, within the parameters that you describe, then I'm sorry to say that you are lost.

Take heart. There are many trials. But the spirit endures.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Ah, Sir Morrow. I have returned. I must admit, it took me a little time to find your wealth of wisdom again because it was somehow moved. I assume it was the doing of what are commonly referred to as moderators.

I have missed probing your mind to gain a grain of wisdom. Perhaps you've missed my questioning. Probably not, though.

When we last spoke, you said that I must find the topic that peaks my interest. I have found this topic. It is, to borrow a commonly-used phrase, what makes things tick. Not people for they are fueled by passion; which, most of the time, ebbs and flows. Nay, I yearn for knowledge of more concrete, solid, rarely changing things, like the rumored light bulb, maybe even something far more advanced such as something to watch, or play on, or find answers with.

So my new question is this: I've chosen my topic of interest. What shall I do now?

Lord Piyush
Lancer

Postby Lord Piyush » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:57 pm

Sir Morrow. With the vast knowledge and experience you have. Could u yourself enlighten us of Aurora's Vision.
PS: I am sure its just not me who is eagerly awaiting this answer.

Return to “Lore”