Meet Ahnselm Morrow

Home of all Lore.
TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Mr. Morrow, is Sir Cluckles somewhat insane? He kind of looks like it, no offense.

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:39 pm

Fire820 wrote:Ah, Sir Morrow. I have returned. I must admit, it took me a little time to find your wealth of wisdom again because it was somehow moved. I assume it was the doing of what are commonly referred to as moderators.

I have missed probing your mind to gain a grain of wisdom. Perhaps you've missed my questioning. Probably not, though.

When we last spoke, you said that I must find the topic that peaks my interest. I have found this topic. It is, to borrow a commonly-used phrase, what makes things tick. Not people for they are fueled by passion; which, most of the time, ebbs and flows. Nay, I yearn for knowledge of more concrete, solid, rarely changing things, like the rumored light bulb, maybe even something far more advanced such as something to watch, or play on, or find answers with.

So my new question is this: I've chosen my topic of interest. What shall I do now?

I do not know this "light bulb" of which you speak. Is it a special breed of orchid? I know that orchids have been all the rage recently among the ladies of the court. Merchants have taken to shipping their bulbs in cartloads. If there is a breed whose bulb weighs less, it would make a pretty penny. Have you discovered a way to farm such a thing? Frankly, that sounds to me more like commerce than scholarship.

Nevertheless, it is not for me to judge your chosen path in search of knowledge. The next thing for you to do is: move down that path. The first struggle is to resist the temptations of ease and comfort that will try to ensnare you in a soft life of sluggish luxury.

The second struggle is more subtle. It involves breaking down the various compartments of the mind so that all of your thought, all of your life, becomes filtered through your single driving passion.

In my journey, Sir Cluckles is invaluable in helping me see all experience through the lens of gathering knowledge about the world I inhabit. Perhaps a trusted companion would serve you in the same way.

Morrow

Postby Morrow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Lord Piyush wrote:Sir Morrow. With the vast knowledge and experience you have. Could u yourself enlighten us of Aurora's Vision.
PS: I am sure its just not me who is eagerly awaiting this answer.

The Lady Aurora is often prone to these flights of fancy. I tend to remain skeptical. What evidence does she have of the existence of a world tree? Or giant worms? We only have her word for it.

Even the language of her vision is unspecific. For instance, the voice at the end of her dream says to “Look for the Scholar.” (By the way, it rather irks me that none of you thought to ask me sooner about all this, but no matter.) Clearly Lady Aurora intends to point to me as a valuable source of wisdom concerning our changing world. But if that is what she meant, then the words “look for” are misleading. She should have said, “Ask the Scholar.”

I’m sure in the end I’ll come up with an ingenious solution that ensures our spirits will endure whatever trials may lie in our path. Then Aurora will say, “I foreknew it from the beginning.” But she didn’t, I tell you! She didn’t tell anyone to ask a Scholar, she told them to look for one.

The phrase "look for" implies a quest or a hunt. Yet I am right here. No one has to hunt for me. If you want to use the phrase “look for,” you need a Scholar who’s actually gone missing. For instance, my friend Quiddlebog. After I spoke of his transmogrification experiments the other day, I felt so nostalgic about our past conversations that I wanted to track down the old renegade. But apparently, he had a falling out with the Committee of Inquiry into Unsettling Global Developments, and he's run off somewhere. So far all my efforts to locate him have failed.

There, that's what I mean! There's a Scholar you can "look for" in the literal sense. And does Aurora's vision point to that? No. That’s the problem with these mystic types. They have no sense of linguistic accuracy.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:24 pm

You've yet to hear of it? Maybe that's because it's just a rumor. But this "light bulb" would allow one to tend to his crops and fields after sunset. But alas, though many have tried, no one has gotten close to achieving such a thing.

A companion, you say? I shall look into this.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

And these visions people are scrambling about to decipher the meanings! I delved into the meanings of them and, of course, came up with my own interpretation. But I, unlike others, will not go around blurting out knowledge like a fool. That is what causes wars to be lost sometimes. People hear things, pretend to be on your side, are really spies, and report your careful planning. Then all that labor means nothing because of loose lips. So while the Valor community races around like chickens with their heads cut off, (so sorry Sir Cluckes, please excuse the phrase) I shall be watching, waiting, and laughing.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Cluckles*

How careless of me.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:44 pm

Ok. I admit it. I broke down. I had to enlighten the common peasantry on the interpretations of the visions. Or at least my interpretations.

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:55 am

Your flame, sir fire820, is only a spark of enlightenment, if that! You must dig deeper into the mind of a playmesh game geek. Into the labyrinth you go... May you come out alive!!!

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:00 am

A spark! A SPARK! This coming from you, who reached out to me for help. Maybe you should take your own advice first.

I do not pretend to be the next Sir Morrow for it is impossible to be one who already is. But I do enjoy delving into subjects and pondering them.

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:50 am

Yes, a SPARK! It will not last and illuminate because it has no substance to ignite. Once your finished skimming the surface and decide to actually 'delve' into your subject, perhaps you will then locate the element which burns, sir Fire820, and the universal truths that you seek will be reflected by the light you create.

Return to “Lore”