Lore: Call for Player Input

Home of all Lore.
DovahkiinMan
Lancer

Postby DovahkiinMan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:38 am

I have always wondered who was the brown-haired man in the Valor trailer. What is his name, background and what role does he play in the game? I would like to think he is the captain or general of your armies and his ambition is to reclaim back his home-town from the barbarians who conquered it.

These are just suggestions of what would be nice if answered. I'm not too fussed on what you create him to be like, I trust you can create a character with a believable story, Burford. :)

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:44 am

Samhan wrote:I dunno whether this is related or not but I was always curious and somewhat dis-satisfied with the guilds diplomacy part.
You know in medieval times countries used to exchange some their royal kin to seal alliances. It would keep each country loyal to the other as their kin would be at the mercy of others. I always thought something on that lines should be introduced to seal diplomacy pacts btwn guilds. Like forging scholars, there shud be an option for forging alliances too.
This will take the game play to a whole new level. Allies would be few and precious. And that will introduce a certain brand of ruthlessness in the game.

I like the way you're thinking. Ruthlessness is definitely the direction we want to go. And blood pacts are an interesting idea for how to get there. Thanks for the comment!

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:47 am

DovahkiinMan wrote:I have always wondered who was the brown-haired man in the Valor trailer. What is his name, background and what role does he play in the game? I would like to think he is the captain or general of your armies and his ambition is to reclaim back his home-town from the barbarians who conquered it.

These are just suggestions of what would be nice if answered. I'm not too fussed on what you create him to be like, I trust you can create a character with a believable story, Burford. :)

You honor me with your trust, sir. We are definitely putting thought into the character from the opening screen, so I'm glad to hear that you're interested in knowing more about him. Thanks for dropping by!

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Samhan wrote:I dunno whether this is related or not but I was always curious and somewhat dis-satisfied with the guilds diplomacy part.
You know in medieval times countries used to exchange some their royal kin to seal alliances. It would keep each country loyal to the other as their kin would be at the mercy of others. I always thought something on that lines should be introduced to seal diplomacy pacts btwn guilds. Like forging scholars, there shud be an option for forging alliances too.
This will take the game play to a whole new level. Allies would be few and precious. And that will introduce a certain brand of ruthlessness in the game.

To continue this, broken alliances should have a lasting effect. When allies train together there are certain benefits, resource production boosts, troop training levels, technologies, so on...consequently when these alliances are broken these things are negatively effected. Especially if you use the above mentioned alliance building dynamic.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:39 pm

If you're going to take to that level, all members of the alliance should get the benefit. For instance, if it were a tier 3 world, all should have access to that. Can't really have it both ways.

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:44 pm

LordFirefall wrote:If you're going to take to that level, all members of the alliance should get the benefit. For instance, if it were a tier 3 world, all should have access to that. Can't really have it both ways.

Agreed, that's what I'm saying. It goes both ways.

LordSeaice
Knight

Postby LordSeaice » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:46 pm

If you are of mind that a story line is a must, please make it an optional part that does not need to be completed or watched to continue further into the game, like a skip button. I already, at times spend more time on Valor than I should, like a lot of others would like to spend less time on tedious tasks such as scholarships purchases (you have heard this before) or watching a compulsory video or story book. I do like giving the game more of a background overall for those who want to be informed. IMO the players of our guilds/alliance, when working together make the storyline, pure and simple!

I had a thought tho on the new worlds popping up storyline. It would be just like our own RL universe which is creating new planets and sometimes new galaxies or super galaxies constantly. No parallel universe's tho as each world is its own and would be difficult for developers/programmers to link worlds with age, research lvl n speeds ect.

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 pm

LordSeaice wrote:If you are of mind that a story line is a must, please make it an optional part that does not need to be completed or watched to continue further into the game, like a skip button. I already, at times spend more time on Valor than I should, like a lot of others would like to spend less time on tedious tasks such as scholarships purchases (you have heard this before) or watching a compulsory video or story book. I do like giving the game more of a background overall for those who want to be informed. IMO the players of our guilds/alliance, when working together make the storyline, pure and simple!

LordSeaice, we are totally on the same page. Valor is a strategy game. It's not an rpg. We're not going to make lore something that gets in the way of gameplay.

What we want to do with lore, which you can find out more about if you check out our lore video, is to help players see the big picture of the game as it evolves. With most games, when there's an update, you just download the patch, the rules change with no explanation, and you continue playing. Our new update, coming out in a few months, is going to be a historical event within the world of Valor, one that in-game characters are already sensing and anticipating.

If you're interested in interacting with those characters, and learning about what they know about upcoming changes, then I think that can really enhance your experience of the game and help you to see your guild's battles as they exist on a bigger timeline. But if that's not something you want to know about, then power to you, and fight on!

Lord Piyush
Lancer

Postby Lord Piyush » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Burford_bunny. I have always thought of more battlefield strategies that valor can have. I mean if only there was a time period for battles. 5 min long war. Where war strategy can be used. Its lyk ur armies are standing in the castle. And hordes of enemies are at ur doors. U send in some army from different city or the same city. To go around ur enemy and flank them in between. Plus i have always loved bowmen. If we can include them in our game. Plus guilds. There should be more guild activities. Maybe a common quest that gives power to all guild members. Finding some blessed stone that takes the wall of all guild members to lvl 30. And then those betraying the guilds can be cursed by the guild owner with some natural calamity.

Jwizzle214
Lancer

Postby Jwizzle214 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:08 am

Ok on the whole guild defector thing. Isn't the game supposed to be ruthless? So why would you penalize a defector. I know nobody likes to be betrayed by a fellow guildy, but it's Valor. Seems to me like you guys don't want it to be truly ruthless, only partly.

Return to “Lore”