Lore: Call for Player Input

Home of all Lore.
Lord Piyush
Lancer

Postby Lord Piyush » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:57 am

I meant to give examples buddy. I mean when u are a guild leader or a general or a captain u get powers that effects the whole guild. This way. We can have guilds having responsible leaders. Plus ppl will not be in a hurry to give posts for memberships. Makes the game more strategic. More ruthless.

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:39 am

Lord Piyush wrote:Burford_bunny. I have always thought of more battlefield strategies that valor can have. I mean if only there was a time period for battles. 5 min long war. Where war strategy can be used. Its lyk ur armies are standing in the castle. And hordes of enemies are at ur doors. U send in some army from different city or the same city. To go around ur enemy and flank them in between. Plus i have always loved bowmen. If we can include them in our game. Plus guilds. There should be more guild activities. Maybe a common quest that gives power to all guild members. Finding some blessed stone that takes the wall of all guild members to lvl 30. And then those betraying the guilds can be cursed by the guild owner with some natural calamity.

I really like the idea of all-guild quests. Good one.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:50 am

Not sure I do though. My ideal all-guild quest is crushing another guild under the boots and hooves of our troops ;)

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:20 pm

LordFirefall wrote:Not sure I do though. My ideal all-guild quest is crushing another guild under the boots and hooves of our troops ;)

Point taken. But we're not talking about may day picnic type quests. What if it were an all-guild quest that would pit multiple guilds against one another in furious battles over control of a particular city? There would be a significant advantage given to the winner of said quest. Would it be better to risk everything and go for it, or to bide your time, waiting until other guilds weaken themselves fighting one another, and then swoop in at the last moment to wipe the floor with all comers?

Just saying, there's potential here.

Jodamann

Guild quest

Postby Jodamann » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Guild quests are interesting.

What about guild based competitions?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:48 pm

Not disagreeing with you on the potential thing. I just don't like someone/thing setting the pace of my operations. It's one thing for the enemy to get inside your decision loop because you've screwed up. It's quite another to have an outside entity or event force your action.

Competitions are a good example. While I like the benefit I get from them (battle baron for instance), I don't like the irrational things they make some players do.

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:37 pm

My Lady Bunny,
In a game of Evony online, there are historic cities, which can hold more resources, troops, and also contain a historic hero that gives your army's additional powers. They also tax other players cities within their region. These cities are really hard to conquer though and take a group effort to obtain. I wonder your thoughts on this.
Best,
Sir GummieBear

LordSeaice
Knight

Postby LordSeaice » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:51 pm

burford_bunny wrote:LordSeaice, we are totally on the same page. Valor is a strategy game. It's not an rpg. We're not going to make lore something that gets in the way of gameplay.

What we want to do with lore, which you can find out more about if you check out our lore video, is to help players see the big picture of the game as it evolves. With most games, when there's an update, you just download the patch, the rules change with no explanation, and you continue playing. Our new update, coming out in a few months, is going to be a historical event within the world of Valor, one that in-game characters are already sensing and anticipating.

If you're interested in interacting with those characters, and learning about what they know about upcoming changes, then I think that can really enhance your experience of the game and help you to see your guild's battles as they exist on a bigger timeline. But if that's not something you want to know about, then power to you, and fight on!

Ok, it's something I'm interested in now you put it like that. Sounds good!

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Well personally I think you should be able to have bowmen like Legolas from LOTR (but not nearly as good) that could be trained for like 5k each resource, and take up 5 food per soldier. Also it would be cool if you could see an animated battle going on in the game from your attack report. And you should include a tracker on where your troops are when they are going to attack someone. Or vice versa when there is an incoming attack you should see where your attackers troops are. Then Valor would be nearly perfect.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:09 pm

burford_bunny wrote:LordSeaice, we are totally on the same page. Valor is a strategy game. It's not an rpg. We're not going to make lore something that gets in the way of gameplay.

What we want to do with lore, which you can find out more about if you check out our lore video, is to help players see the big picture of the game as it evolves. With most games, when there's an update, you just download the patch, the rules change with no explanation, and you continue playing. Our new update, coming out in a few months, is going to be a historical event within the world of Valor, one that in-game characters are already sensing and anticipating.

If you're interested in interacting with those characters, and learning about what they know about upcoming changes, then I think that can really enhance your experience of the game and help you to see your guild's battles as they exist on a bigger timeline. But if that's not something you want to know about, then power to you, and fight on!

Burford, I think this is more of a War Strategy game, not just strategy. And what's up with the timeline thing? That's really quite intriguing.

Return to “Lore”