Aurora: Vision 1

Home of all Lore.
Killerspider
Lancer

Simultaneous troop increase

Postby Killerspider » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:59 pm

What about the possibility to build buildings and troops simultaneously instead of one at a time. At least an increase in troop building help keep a good war going on.

SirCommanderE.M.P.
Knight

Postby SirCommanderE.M.P. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm

I think barbs shouldn't attack when you are big as I am it takes a lot of time to manage a it is. You really should make it easier to manage by installing a use all resource button so we don't have to go through all the cities to buy scholarships. My vote is no to barbs attacking. It would be a big turn off to the old valor paterians I have over 380 cities and will be at 500 soon. This would be a pain for people that size.

SirCommanderE.M.P.
Knight

Postby SirCommanderE.M.P. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:55 pm

Mabey they could make it an option in the settings where the user can choose to turn it on or off at the players preference.

Kukulcan
Lancer

Postby Kukulcan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:13 pm

In response to "Mason" who said we shouldn't combine the old worlds because "the biggest player on W1 is probably like 10 million points and that's unfair."

My initial response to that is LOL. If the biggest player on W1 is 10 mill then something is horribly wrong on that world. I'm going to assume your a new player and haven't been around long enough to see any "big" players but on W27 I have 223 cities and am just 100k shy of 10 million points. The biggest player on W27 is 27 million points with 600+ cities and W8's biggest is over 32 million. So W1's biggest player should be somewhere around there if not bigger, a 10 million point player is kind of small actually. :P

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:56 pm

PwnLaw wrote:I play favorites.

Oh really, well I play Valor™!

SirCommanderE.M.P.
Knight

Postby SirCommanderE.M.P. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Well I have 20,745,620 points and 481 cities so its hard to manage it and my guild has over 380 million points with in our 25 member guild

SirCommanderE.M.P.
Knight

Postby SirCommanderE.M.P. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm in world 4

Strahd11
Knight

Postby Strahd11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:17 pm

Barbarians attacking as a third party, while maintaining the player vs. player dynamic, would be, in my opinion, fun. Just another demension to consider. I like the barbarian horde thing brought up earlier.
General Valahand, leading them to scourge the land of us.
What is Valor? A kind of Valhalla like realm? "...you'll be on Valor, fighting in the armies of the gods." Are these trials to see if we're worthy of fighting there?
I agree that this is a fishing expedition, however it is fun. Please continue with the speculations.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Strahd11 wrote:I agree that this is a fishing expedition, however it is fun. Please continue with the speculations.

Wait 'til you see the rest of the lore. We're about to drop the hammer.

Also, I hate fishing. I play Valor, I was born to HUNT.

Jodamann

Postby Jodamann » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Please tell me that aurora has a vision on how the game ends. The thrill of winning ends at various points in the game for different players. I think the parameters can be tweaked in the world settings. For example, microprose civ games have various settings including world dominations vs last man standing vs space ship etc. i would think that you could phase in or do cut-off and evaluate if it is good for business - that is, do you have more paying players over time or not and sample some players that quit old worlds as to whether they spend more money in new worlds with pre-defined victory conditions. I think it would be better for business - would keep me longer in a world and attract me into another. I get bored when the guild dominates and i get to 20-50 cities. I like the challenge of winning (and the hunt). I dont like iron man triatholons. I observe many members of the guild wash out in a similar time frame. The attrition rate gets pretty bad. One game, i had 300 cities (w18) and grew more and more incensed that there was no end game. Put me off until w90.

Return to “Lore”