Home of all Lore.
Super Pancakes
Lancer

Postby Super Pancakes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:39 am

I say: Worm Holes FTW!!!!

roadrash8414
Lancer

Postby roadrash8414 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 am

First, please don't just toss random ideas. Please show some reasoning. If not deductive, inductive. Thoughts along the lines of, "that little historian guy is short, so I think we are getting dwarves" are not helpful. They are also frustrating. That said, my attempt at divining a meaning. Feel free to unload any anger at what I'm sure many will feel is completely incorrect.

- "foot of a great tree": I think we can basically agree this is the servers on which the worlds exist
- "countless worlds, ours was one of them": poor Aurora doesn't know she lives in a multiverse. As many have pointed out, it makes sense that these are the valor worlds. (An aside cuz it's the kind of guy I am. They aren't countless, they literally each have a number)
- "our world was one of them": for those that hadn't bought into the blossoms = worlds theory
- "Valor itself": this needs scrutiny. Probably designers giving life, but if so that gets a head shake for the gratuitous ego stroking
- "shadow fell": change, the "trial"
- "one worm for each world": out of the ground swarm the trunk aka going to be everywhere throughout valor's servers
- "devour from the inside out": here's the stretch in my thinking but it doesn't seem to be a huge leap, worms consume things left to rot. Corollary is inactives. If people aren't active, barbs will go away. If people aren't active, people's cities will go away
- "look for the Scholar": stay active and cap barbs

Roadrash

Tangent: I was going to let the dragon/castle thing go, but then Tolkien was brought into it. First, I will say I haven't read a lot of stories where dragons or similar creatures are the primary focus, but generally speaking castles aren't built with the primary purpose of defending against dragons. They're built to defend against foot and mobile. I'm hoping the Tolkien example was to represent a change in tactics cuz that's what it was. Much like aviation caused a major shift in modern warfare. Ok. Sorry, for those that hate tangents I'm done for the moment.

KingAndrewIX
Lancer

Postby KingAndrewIX » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:45 am

Diederik wrote:So true. Flicking through my kingdom is essential, but dropped out in the last two updates. Reports should come in regardless of which city I'm currently logged into. Just a few of those irritating things that can't be shunned away by tales of wonderful new ideas. There's reason to stabilise what is there, before venturing onto yet unchartered territories. The game has become less stable lately. That requires more attention atm.

Hear! Hear! Let's get things perfect, like solving the annoying lag before introducing more potential bugs.

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 am

Yesterday in world 90, i finally lost 1 of my 3 cities after 48 hrs of defending. I killed hundreds of thousands of enemy troops & dozens of their scholars before they could take the city back. I had previously capped it from a 8 city guy from EXO. the main guy that attacked me was DarkHorse4Hire who has 22 cities.

After avenging his guild-mate & taking the city back, he sent a message to me titled respect commending me on my resistance.

I went to the quests section to collect resources to use to start rebuilding & decided to check on Aurora. She said something she has never said before. " I see power in ur future, u need only nurture it" were her exact words.

I came on today & got a message on VALOR on the world menu. I clicked more & here I am in the forums.

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:54 am

By the way VALOR team, u don't take enough time to revamp the forums. I hate how I can't add friends to my list here & can't even edit my profile & update a picture etc.

Also my previous posts complaining about special & emote characters not showing properly in-game etc was totally ignored.

Infusion
Knight

Postby Infusion » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:42 am

You are all looking way to far into this... They are sniffing out ideas from us all... They have given you a theme and are now looking to see what ideas will become of your thoughts..

So PwnLaw...

I will be your puppet for once instead of you being mine.

1. Get a team together and track down current bugs. (2 yrs of bugs has been annoying)
2. Thank you for reaching out to the public and getting yourself a beta Test crew.

IDEAS.....

1. Introduce new units with a heavier swing to the rock paper scissors aspect. Lancers dont have enough defence IMHO. And Knights are not Offensive enough either.

2. Slower troops should have a less balanceful attack and more focused to either offence or defence. They are going to face more support than faster units. Or going to provide more resistance but will take a lot longer to get to the city than a calvary unit.

3. School gurls should be able to be stacked in a single unit... After all... If I do indeed kill all the troops in the city and have five school gurls there to swing there backpacks full of books at the citizens... Shouldnt 5 of them in a single unit... Do it just as effective as 5 of them in seperate units. Might also stop the sidestepping.

houghton
Lancer

One Request

Postby houghton » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:03 am

I want the option to either conquer or destroy a city. Not just dismantle the city one building lvl at a time but sacrifice my scholar to burn it to the ground and salt the earth. So no one can have it!

flame on

PROSGEE
Lancer

Postby PROSGEE » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

Great thinking.

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:04 pm

houghton wrote:I want the option to either conquer or destroy a city. Not just dismantle the city one building lvl at a time but sacrifice my scholar to burn it to the ground and salt the earth. So no one can have it!

flame on

That would be the ultimate troll. Wait until your opponent has spent wave after wave of troops beating down your defenses, and seconds before his last Scholar wave hits to cap your city...all of a sudden...it's just gone.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm

roadrash8414 wrote:First, please don't just toss random ideas. Please show some reasoning. If not deductive, inductive. Thoughts along the lines of, "that little historian guy is short, so I think we are getting dwarves" are not helpful. They are also frustrating. That said, my attempt at divining a meaning. Feel free to unload any anger at what I'm sure many will feel is completely incorrect.

- "foot of a great tree": I think we can basically agree this is the servers on which the worlds exist
- "countless worlds, ours was one of them": poor Aurora doesn't know she lives in a multiverse. As many have pointed out, it makes sense that these are the valor worlds. (An aside cuz it's the kind of guy I am. They aren't countless, they literally each have a number)
- "our world was one of them": for those that hadn't bought into the blossoms = worlds theory
- "Valor itself": this needs scrutiny. Probably designers giving life, but if so that gets a head shake for the gratuitous ego stroking
- "shadow fell": change, the "trial"
- "one worm for each world": out of the ground swarm the trunk aka going to be everywhere throughout valor's servers
- "devour from the inside out": here's the stretch in my thinking but it doesn't seem to be a huge leap, worms consume things left to rot. Corollary is inactives. If people aren't active, barbs will go away. If people aren't active, people's cities will go away
- "look for the Scholar": stay active and cap barbs

Roadrash

Tangent: I was going to let the dragon/castle thing go, but then Tolkien was brought into it. First, I will say I haven't read a lot of stories where dragons or similar creatures are the primary focus, but generally speaking castles aren't built with the primary purpose of defending against dragons. They're built to defend against foot and mobile. I'm hoping the Tolkien example was to represent a change in tactics cuz that's what it was. Much like aviation caused a major shift in modern warfare. Ok. Sorry, for those that hate tangents I'm done for the moment.

Would like to subscribe to this man's newsletter.

Return to “Lore”