Aurora: Vision 1

Home of all Lore.
burford_bunny

Aurora: Vision 1

Postby burford_bunny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 am

The world is changing.

You can feel it all around you. In the restlessness of the soldiers as they assemble at the Rally Point. In the observations of the Scholars as they trek their way from city to city. In Aurora's dreams.

Aurora sees not only what is but also what will come. Hidden in her visions is information about real upcoming changes to Valor.

Can you guess the features before they hit release?

Cheers,
burford_bunny

The Second Vision is revealed: http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?5990-Aurora-Vision-2

Aurora

Postby Aurora » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm

“The spirit endures many trials.”

[CENTER]Image [/CENTER]

I was crying by the fire. Mother took me on her knee to comfort me.

“Hush, love, hush. It’s all right. This is just one of many trials. The spirit endures. You’ll get through. And when you reach the far side, you’ll be there. You’ll be on Valor, fighting in the armies of the gods.”

This is what we say in the face of trials. When it rains. When it doesn’t rain. When a man’s dog dies. Or his firstborn son. Trials are everywhere. But the spirit endures.

Now trials are even in my dreams.

I was taken from my bed and brought to the foot of a great tree. On that tree blossomed countless worlds, shining in the branches like jewels. I knew our world was one of them. At the top of the tree, I saw Valor itself, spilling fountains of light in a wide halo.

Then a shadow fell. Worms crawled out of the ground and swarmed up the tree trunk. They covered the bark, viscous and endlessly writhing. Somehow I knew there was one worm for each world.

My hands shook, and tears filled my eyes. I was forced to watch as bloated bodies found their targets and burrowed into them, devouring them from the inside out. One by one, the tree’s blossoms failed.

Morning came, and I heard a voice calling to me from the last remnants of the dream. “The shadow draws near. Look for the Scholar.”

Now I am awake, but the vision still burns in my eyes. I see the world around me, not as it is, but as it will become. We face a time of trials. These lands will be scourged, and we along with them.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Dark times are on the rise...

For those curious about how we're going to be handling Lore and the roll out of new features, you should see burford_bunny and I drop some knowledge in our new video.

For those of the TL;DR group, I'll make it short: We're revamping Valor to make it far more competitive and we're using Lore to tell you what we're doing. If you figure it out, I'll give you 3 Internets.

Kingaddis
Knight

Postby Kingaddis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 pm

More food for me and my guys 👺

Aurora

Postby Aurora » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Kingaddis wrote:More food for me and my guys ��

Your courage is praiseworthy. I hope it stays with you when the evil day arrives.

MEGAMADMICK
Lancer

Postby MEGAMADMICK » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Are you making the barbarian city's more active in the game. So they build to a higher point lvl and actually engage in battle?

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:35 pm

General Valahand? Can it be true? Are the barbarians rising up against us? Is this Valahand the leader that unites them?

I'm scared, somebody hold me.

*Edited because TheGhost spelled his name wrong <3 PwnLaw

Kozio235
Lancer

New enemies?

Postby Kozio235 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:37 pm

I agree with mega. This sounds like either new enemies are coming or the barbarians will start to become active

Kingaddis
Knight

Postby Kingaddis » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Maybe we will get a better fight against the barbs lol

Suavejdawg
Lancer

Postby Suavejdawg » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:49 pm

I myself think that if the barbarians start attacking or engaging in battle it will make for better game play and will give you a better sense of play so I say if this is true I welcome it

Return to “Lore”