Aurora: Vision 1

Home of all Lore.
Jodamann

Postby Jodamann » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 pm

....and i am at 20 cities and starting to get that bored and unsatisfied feeling again.

Jodamann

Postby Jodamann » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 pm

I watched the video. Heres what i think the three upcoming features in valor will be:

1 Marrow speaks to the past. I think the reports and email features will change - this is how marrow can speak to the past perfectly. These features allready have changed. And, for the better. Being able to go back in time really helps when there is cross fire on the battlefield and in other situations.

2. Aurora dreamed of the tree of worlds and worms eating up the old worlds. I interpret this to mean An end game or set of victory conditions will be implemented to terminate old worlds.

3. The general brings news of the existing world. I think this will be sort of a reconaissance feature implemented. It probably makes sense. Why should my armies be marching by dozens of cities to attack a lone castle deep in enemy territory and no one else know about it? Seems not like RL and would make the tactics different and probably for the better.

Jodamann

Postby Jodamann » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

....one more thing. Enjoyed the video. Now i have a visual of the email authors behind this game and forum. However, somehow in my mind's i thought all the designers and developers would marrow look a likes.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Jodamann wrote:....one more thing. Enjoyed the video. Now i have a visual of the email authors behind this game and forum. However, somehow in my mind's i thought all the designers and developers would marrow look a likes.

Haha, we're a small company full of hardcore gamers. I'm an old man 'round here. -_-

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:34 pm

The Developers have made it very clear in their videos that they want to up the stakes on the competiveness front. I'm guessing there will be a prize that guilds will need to work together to obtain and then defend from all other guilds. This could indeed be a wormhole or a super-city capable of generating super-scholars or somesuch.

SirCommanderE.M.P.
Knight

Recommendations to keep and get new players

Postby SirCommanderE.M.P. » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:38 pm

Don't have an ending because it could lose you millions of potenchale earnings because when you get a certain size you need to buy gold for auras blessing. Make the attacking barbarians an on or off in the game settings and add an use all cities resource button that will use all resources to buy scholarships rather than go to each city that way you can make it more appealing for players to grow big by making it Easier to manage.

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:57 am

Just analyzing the dream using a little symbolism and I come up with the following concerning the tree. Whether accurate or not, I don't care. Just stirring the pot a little...
First off comparing the picture of the tree of valor to auroras dream: she claims it was full of uncountable worlds, yet you can clearly count the worlds displayed in the sketch. I got 15 plus the 1 on top. Not sure if that's significant though.
Second, using symbolism, what does a tree represent as a symbol? Growth? Longevity? Also worlds don't grow on trees; but apples do... And apples represent beginnings. Worms tend to favor apples, and worms tend to represent a sickness if viewed in a dream. But there are worlds on the tree, not apples (beginnings). So if the worlds don't rep. beginnings, does that imply that they are ending? The worlds are ending via a sickness or infestation of worms? It doesn't make sense, but I do think that there is a major significance to the meaning behind worms in general in this conundrum.
Worms transform earth in reality and help fertilize and aerate soil for plants and trees to grow. Also morrow seems to hold a slight interest in fungi, which feeds off of rotting substance. I have other theories, but this is just part of my dream analysis for aurora. Perhaps aurora is getting loopy, or had a strange meal before bed... Idk

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 am

Gummiebear51 wrote:Just analyzing the dream using a little symbolism and I come up with the following concerning the tree. Whether accurate or not, I don't care. Just stirring the pot a little...
First off comparing the picture of the tree of valor to auroras dream: she claims it was full of uncountable worlds, yet you can clearly count the worlds displayed in the sketch. I got 15 plus the 1 on top. Not sure if that's significant though.
Second, using symbolism, what does a tree represent as a symbol? Growth? Longevity? Also worlds don't grow on trees; but apples do... And apples represent beginnings. Worms tend to favor apples, and worms tend to represent a sickness if viewed in a dream. But there are worlds on the tree, not apples (beginnings). So if the worlds don't rep. beginnings, does that imply that they are ending? The worlds are ending via a sickness or infestation of worms? It doesn't make sense, but I do think that there is a major significance to the meaning behind worms in general in this conundrum.
Worms transform earth in reality and help fertilize and aerate soil for plants and trees to grow. Also morrow seems to hold a slight interest in fungi, which feeds off of rotting substance. I have other theories, but this is just part of my dream analysis for aurora. Perhaps aurora is getting loopy, or had a strange meal before bed... Idk

This just might be my favorite post of them all. Forget new features. Let's talk about what the dream means on a universal level, with inherent symbolism that runs deep through the cultural psyche of humanity. As a student of English literature, it makes my heart glad. I salute you, Gummiebear51, for taking your place in the proud tradition of reader-response criticism.

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:46 pm

A worm has no backbone! Many of us have encountered loads of players just like that in Valor. Maybe they are all forming a superguild and coming after us lol

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:23 pm

I keep thinking of the movie: tremors

Return to “Lore”