Aurora: Vision 1

Home of all Lore.
Jodamann

English lit?

Postby Jodamann » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Oh wow - english lit major. Im toast at this competition. I can hardly spell aesop and beowulf.

Skarloc

Postby Skarloc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:25 pm

Clearly, you can 😉😊

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:05 pm

Perhaps Aurora can share with us any other dreams she may have in greater detail to help us with this enigma.

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Kevin Bacon's finest work

Razyl
Lancer

Postby Razyl » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:18 am

I think the meaning of the dream, and mainly the worms part, is that the barbarian cities (from players quitting) will decay / turn to low point cities over time.

This will address one of the major issues of the old worlds that when players quit or become inactive they leave max point cities for anyone to take. By allowing these to decay (eaten by worms) the active players will have to either build up low point barbs (very time consuming) or attack other players....which ultimately is what should be happening!

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 am

Gummiebear51 wrote:Perhaps Aurora can share with us any other dreams she may have in greater detail to help us with this enigma.

Believe me, if Aurora has another dream, you'll know. Stay tuned.

Jodamann

Translation

Postby Jodamann » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:59 am

"I was taken from my bed and brought to the foot of a great tree. On that tree blossomed countless worlds, shining in the branches like jewels. I knew our world was one of them. At the top of the tree, I saw Valor itself, spilling fountains of light in a wide halo.

Then a shadow fell. Worms crawled out of the ground and swarmed up the tree trunk. They covered the bark, viscous and endlessly writhing. Somehow I knew there was one worm for each world.

My hands shook, and tears filled my eyes. I was forced to watch as bloated bodies found their targets and burrowed into them, devouring them from the inside out. One by one, the tree’s blossoms failed."

I think the translation is explained tbrough careful reading: "On that tree blossomed countless worlds" and "One by one, the tree’s blossoms failed.". That means the prior worlds will end. There will be an end game, a victory condition. This forum has spoke of it before. Playmesh has said it was under consideration. The worm is the trigger for the end game. Not sure what that is - could be time based. Who knows.

Look for the scholar is merely a reference to the messanger, like morrow. It isnt a new feature.

Jodamann

One more thought on the riddle...

Postby Jodamann » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:58 pm

Ok. Burford, your riddles are intriguing. I have another thought. Auroras blessing is going to be replaced with a feature led by the general. It just doesnt make sense for her to be involved in the mass management of cities and incoming attacks. Instead, the general is going to do the managing. So, i hope the features of it are improved and that it actually works and has scholarship purchases. Being able to do mass purchases for scholarships alone on auroras blessing would be a great feature. The biggest problem with auroras blessing is that the syncing is almost as fast as city by city and syncing is sometimes slower because they dont sync properly.

I presume this has been on the developers radar for a while and that the general is the new face and label of the new feature. So, bunny, is that guess close?

Still trying to figure out the riddle of morrow. I surmise he has to do with upcoming changes to the reports and email features.

Lord Piyush
Lancer

Postby Lord Piyush » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Valor is indeed the best MMO game i have come across. I m still a newbie but i feel that val

Lord Piyush
Lancer

Postby Lord Piyush » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Sorry for the above mistyped msg. Continuing.
But i feel valor is going to bring real life changes to the game. Something like flanking the armies on the way. Or a new battle design. Because this are the only places i feel valor lacks. I mean if sum1 has 10K guards and i have 10K zerks each in my 4 cities. I will suffer defeat. Though i m a stronger player. Had it been that i could somehow manage to combine attack all the zerks from all the cities i would have had a better battle result.
Plus there is also a mention of a story line. They are building aurora's and general's character and stuff. Playmesh is certainly thinking of some story through out the game.

Return to “Lore”