Aurora: Vision 1

Home of all Lore.
burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

LordYeldarb wrote:I figure the crying is about the failure of past changes to be supported by the general population.

The trials seem to suggest to me new competitions. Since we have had quite a few variables, I suspect this one is about the number of scholars or scholarships built since the beginning of the competition. Instead of pillager, it my be brainiac or something.

The shadow that comes does seem to hint that barbarians will be given more powers and possibly behave as a single guild (one massive guild for each world). If that's the case, we may have to unite the players against the ai. If not, the barbs could become massively powerful and take over the world, something that aurora should have nightmares about.

But another theory is that you could somehow attack scholarships. Worms and trees gave me this idea. As if the use of a scholar could somehow disrupt the scholarship count of another player, attacking his ability to expand (even if he loses cities or scholars). Or worse, possibly subverting other players scholars to your cause.

Food for thought, so to speak.

LordYeldarb, this is awesome analysis. Thanks for taking the time to respond so thoughtfully. It's so interesting to me to see how you interpreted Aurora's vision, and I'm really excited to see what you'll think of where we go next.

Super Pancakes
Lancer

Postby Super Pancakes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:31 pm

I feel like there will be corruption happening. Maybe troops will try to turn against us. If I play a game, my battle cry is: LEEEEEEERRROOOOOYYY JJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNKIIIIIIIIINNBSSSSS!!!!!

FOR BACOOOON!!

Diederik
Lancer

Postby Diederik » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Grizzard wrote: The games plays very well as it is. There is no need to rush into more complex and in-depth gameplay when there are many basic gameplay issues that still need to be addressed.

So true. Flicking through my kingdom is essential, but dropped out in the last two updates. Reports should come in regardless of which city I'm currently logged into. Just a few of those irritating things that can't be shunned away by tales of wonderful new ideas. There's reason to stabilise what is there, before venturing onto yet unchartered territories. The game has become less stable lately. That requires more attention atm.

Edklin
Lancer

Postby Edklin » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:40 pm

Can't get that image of worms out of my head....so disgusting

Terminatorx
Lancer

Mass guilds

Postby Terminatorx » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:51 pm

I thnk they have noticed these superguild ware taking the fun out of it. I believe one of the new features may have something to do with splitting us up but isn't possible with the game as is?
-I can get onto valor 2/3days
-there's a 4 second delay from pressing build or do and I actually doing it.
-spend hundreds catching up in a world with friends to ge t locked out for 2days n die with a scarek of compensation.
-storm over eastern America seems to cut me off every time for a period.
You guys needn' to concentrate on game stability! Seriously! There's only tens of thousands of players scoffing at the idea of new features. They will just overload your alrleady burning outa amazon servers won't they?
I thinks after 100 there will be worlds with different rules from the norm .possibly very different world art.

LordGB
Lancer

Tree of globes/worlds

Postby LordGB » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:52 pm

As Aurora peers at the tree of worlds, is it possible that worlds may interact with or more precisely against one another. Not certain how that would be pulled off, but sure these Valor folks are/have considered many options.

Knuckles
Lancer

Postby Knuckles » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:01 pm

I think valor is going to let us keep the winning guilds from other world to go to a new world and compete by climbing the tree in the vision

Ruby408
Lancer

Postby Ruby408 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:08 pm

The barbarians will rise and fight against us ! Aha we will fight other worlds!

LordGB
Lancer

Postby LordGB » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Reading posts above, have additional comments regarding the ones made by Terminatorx. Agree that game stability and speed are paramont. If the game favors those with more time then it restricts who can play and impacts your customer base as well as demographics. The older player generally is going to have the ability to spend more but play less due to time committments. Those younger, perhaps in school, with less disposable income unless mom and dad are supporting their play, will sacrifice study and other interactions for game time to compensate for lack of finances. I understand there must be a balance, however I've been close to barbing one world simply because of the time committment inspite of limiting play to two worlds.

Increase speed of buying scholarships from hundreds of cities.

Find a way for the early and now mostly dead worlds to have an end game. They stretch on far to long with a few a few players staying behind to amass 1000+ cities while others have moved on but still reside there. Rather than fight someone who has amassed 1,000 cities on a dead/idle world, it's simply easier to barb and move on.

Please dispense with the annoying and time consuming cloud cover. I haven't figured out the intent other than to use up time. Seriously guys, you should be considering how to speed things up not slowing them down.

BRING BACK THE ARROW TO MOVE TO YOUR NEXT CITY. IT NOW TAKES TWO TAPS INSTEAD OF ONE TO SWITCH CITITES. I FAIL TO SEE ANY ADVANTAGES TO THAT BUT ADMITT TO NOT BEING A PROGRAMMER. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THE INTENT OR PERHAPS I MISSED SOMETHING ALTOGETHER?

ThorOdinsson
Lancer

Postby ThorOdinsson » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Haha, this is taken from the same lore as my name, Norse mythology. The tree's name is Yggdrasil.

Return to “Lore”