Aurora: Vision 1

Home of all Lore.
ThorOdinsson
Lancer

Postby ThorOdinsson » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Okay, I'm looking at this on my iPad and analyzing it.

The tree is obviously the current 96 worlds or so of Valor. ONE WORM for EACH WORLD is really important. A really powerful enemy will be appearing in each and every world. The enemy is the 'worm'. One enemy for each world. They will be trying to take over each world. The "Look for the Scholar." part is weird, I think it might be that there will be a super scholar that will allow you to take over the enemies city when no other scholar works.

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Some of these responses are just outrageous and allow me to address some of the more inadequate responses!

To those who believe the barbs will make one huge super guild and we will have to unite to kill them. This makes no sense because valor is meant to be played by fighting player vrs player. The point of barbs has really only been used to cap near someone and get a good foothold or to grow when your guild has no ongoing wars.

Now combining the top guilds to one world to fight to the top and whatever other nonsense you all proposed would be the change. Terribly wrong. You must look at it this way. Worlds 1-30 are basically dead. When all the compition was killed they barbed or just quit playing. It's the sad truth. Now combining the worlds is a bad plan because the top player in w1 has to be around 10mil points. Then someone in w40 would only be half that. Then world speeds and the coordinates for cities would have to be replaced. This I feel would not work. A possibility would be that they take the top 20 from each world or top 100 and add them to one world, if they are active of course and well they fight there. Simple enough but overlapping worlds would be to unfair.

Now I have seen a few responses that make sense. New competition! Simple enough doesn't need much explanation but personally i just find that to make to go to through all this trouble.

Adding new player! This would truly be an exciting change. While the service of barbs is a necessity we can't have them taking 100 cities and how would we be able to tell the barbs appart. Just a little something to think about.

Im sure by now your all thinking 'Now mason! What do you feel might actually happen?' My answer is simple. I have no clue! However what I hope happens is a different story. I wish to see barbs making troops so when I'm bored I can bump up my ksa or ksd up a tad. However a more exciting answer would be that I feel the worlds will be interacting in a PVM(player vrs monster) one world where all players fight artifical intelligence. Would be quite fun. Another possibility would be making a world vrs world deal. I've played games like it and its a fairly simple concept. After a month in game the top 100 players go into a pvp mode with 3 other worlds. 10 days of bp and its the most competitive game ever! The winners would receive things like gold or whatever.

In reality the Ammount of coding half these would be hell. The easiest would be to make barbs make their city like a player would or to just make them build units. Attacking would be a whole different story. Would it go my points...distance...player rank...guild rank? Who knows.

The rambling of
-Mason

Super Pancakes
Lancer

Postby Super Pancakes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:04 pm

ThorOdinsson wrote:Okay, I'm looking at this on my iPad and analyzing it.

The tree is obviously the current 96 worlds or so of Valor. ONE WORM for EACH WORLD is really important. A really powerful enemy will be appearing in each and every world. The enemy is the 'worm'. One enemy for each world. They will be trying to take over each world. The "Look for the Scholar." part is weird, I think it might be that there will be a super scholar that will allow you to take over the enemies city when no other scholar works.

That would be awesome except for the people who will 1)hack the age to gain infinite amounts of those scholars and 2) people who can buy 1000's of those would be spamming us nonstop. Good idea, but too much power in the p.ayers hands.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:05 pm

Dieformason wrote:Some of these responses are just outrageous and allow me to address some of the more inadequate responses!

To those who believe the barbs will make one huge super guild and we will have to unite to kill them. This makes no sense because valor is meant to be played by fighting player vrs player. The point of barbs has really only been used to cap near someone and get a good foothold or to grow when your guild has no ongoing wars.

Now combining the top guilds to one world to fight to the top and whatever other nonsense you all proposed would be the change. Terribly wrong. You must look at it this way. Worlds 1-30 are basically dead. When all the compition was killed they barbed or just quit playing. It's the sad truth. Now combining the worlds is a bad plan because the top player in w1 has to be around 10mil points. Then someone in w40 would only be half that. Then world speeds and the coordinates for cities would have to be replaced. This I feel would not work. A possibility would be that they take the top 20 from each world or top 100 and add them to one world, if they are active of course and well they fight there. Simple enough but overlapping worlds would be to unfair.

Now I have seen a few responses that make sense. New competition! Simple enough doesn't need much explanation but personally i just find that to make to go to through all this trouble.

Adding new player! This would truly be an exciting change. While the service of barbs is a necessity we can't have them taking 100 cities and how would we be able to tell the barbs appart. Just a little something to think about.

Im sure by now your all thinking 'Now mason! What do you feel might actually happen?' My answer is simple. I have no clue! However what I hope happens is a different story. I wish to see barbs making troops so when I'm bored I can bump up my ksa or ksd up a tad. However a more exciting answer would be that I feel the worlds will be interacting in a PVM(player vrs monster) one world where all players fight artifical intelligence. Would be quite fun. Another possibility would be making a world vrs world deal. I've played games like it and its a fairly simple concept. After a month in game the top 100 players go into a pvp mode with 3 other worlds. 10 days of bp and its the most competitive game ever! The winners would receive things like gold or whatever.

In reality the Ammount of coding half these would be hell. The easiest would be to make barbs make their city like a player would or to just make them build units. Attacking would be a whole different story. Would it go my points...distance...player rank...guild rank? Who knows.

The rambling of
-Mason

I like this guy.

Super Pancakes
Lancer

Postby Super Pancakes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:10 pm

PwnLaw wrote:I like this guy.

Indeed (with a voice best to represent this quote)

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:12 pm

Tulk wrote:Perhaps we are going to start seeing wandering hoards of trolls, orcs, and even dragons for us to slay along with sorcerers?

As Lore Mistress, nothing would make me happier than to see wandering hoards of dragons roaming the worlds of Valor and slaying everyone in their path. However, Pwnlaw likes to point out (with much vehemence and hand waving) that if there were dragons, the one building you would never live in is a castle. Why build walls if the dragons can fly over them? Your entire city would have to go underground into the Hiding Place. Although there are possibilities there...it could be that your hiding place starts to hide troops from the dragon raids? And you lose all others who were out in the open? Valor 3.0: Dealing with Dragons. You feeling me Pwnlaw?

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:13 pm

ThorOdinsson wrote:Okay, I'm looking at this on my iPad and analyzing it.

This is what I'm talking about. Analysis. Observation. I love it. Is it on the right track? Only time will tell.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm

burford_bunny wrote:As Lore Mistress, nothing would make me happier than to see wandering hoards of dragons roaming the worlds of Valor and slaying everyone in their path. However, Pwnlaw likes to point out (with much vehemence and hand waving) that if there were dragons, the one building you would never live in is a castle. Why build walls if the dragons can fly over them? Your entire city would have to go underground into the Hiding Place. Although there are possibilities there...it could be that your hiding place starts to hide troops from the dragon raids? And you lose all others who were out in the open? Valor 3.0: Dealing with Dragons. You feeling me Pwnlaw?

Any fantasy novel with a castle and a dragon is immediately suspect. The entire utility of a castle derived from its unassailable nature. If you want more evidence look what the Nazgul did to Minas Tirith at the end of LOTR -- wrecked ****. Wrecked it real bad. They had to cart in an undead army and the Nazgul didn't even drop gouts of flame upon everything.

I am open to LENGTHY debate on this subject. I am prepared to bring diagrams.

So mad right now...

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:16 pm

PwnLaw wrote:I like this guy.

Mason, your logic is a breath of fresh air in a stuffy room.

SirKrulcik
Lancer

Postby SirKrulcik » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:25 pm

$20 barbarians will be able to attack?

Edited; didnt read previous posts.. scratch that ;)

Return to “Lore”