May it end all lagging or my heart be torn
Saddened by sorrows of those who have fell
Strolling through cities of a fiery ...
Onward we march to the battles within
Onward we fight, valorian
Begin with a step so mighty and true
Begone all hindrances that cometh to you
And when the count is over and battle is won
Another world awaits you where you have begun.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:37 pm

iamspartacus64 wrote:There once was a story of Valor
the battles were epics of grandeur
our lancers defend
and fight to the end
no mercy be shown on our captors.

This is quite awesome!

Powerbang

Postby Powerbang » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:38 pm

TheHeartlessKiller wrote:I have to say two things: one, join my guild if you want to survive people! And 2, how the hell is this "a lot more to work with" PwnLaw?

Incredible screening process you have here. Your guild will be one to contend with!

Fun write up Pwnlaw, looking forward to seeing you in 100.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 pm

TheHeartlessKiller wrote:I have to say two things: one, join my guild if you want to survive people! And 2, how the hell is this "a lot more to work with" PwnLaw?

Lol, after the revamp is released, I will go back and highlight each line that identifies a feature. If you wanted it to be easy, you should have found another game (and game developer).

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:38 am

Seems things have gotten a bit off topic but nevertheless I'll post my opinion!

So for starters I'd like to adress the point people have been making about with old worlds shutting down. So in the lore it just says that they have become fat not that they have died. Because of that the worlds probably are not going to be closed(unless in the third vision they state that they die and I imagine they would just to screw with me:P)

Continuing with the old world part I dont think they will actully close the world because that would make their numbering system go down the drain. Can't have that.

Whoever said the map would be smaller with less trees. You are correct. This I have no doubt about. Cities will still be spread out because you could kill a guild in an hour if they were all 6 min scholar walks like in 2x speed. If not travel times from cities will be drastically increased.

Whoever said they would remove barbs. Sorry but that will never happen. They are a necessary building block. Even the most active players or at least the ones that cap other players will cap barbs. They are used to get a foothold in a far away location and to grow. Without barbs I'm afraid alot of players wouldn't have the troops capable of taking a city. Sadly the game can't just be made for experts it has to be noob friendly and they need something to cap because they grow so slow and are
Incapable of any real
damage until they can just swarm a player with hits.

I predict a lower amount of players let into a world and a smaller map that's more grouped together will LESS barbs so noobs can grow. With this I can predict alot of players having less cities. Instead of having 400-500 cities when a world dies maybe 100ish depending on activity and how aggressive the player is.

@PL we should play LOL unless you don't want me
dominating another game you play ;)

-mason

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:45 am

Dieformason wrote:Seems things have gotten a bit off topic but nevertheless I'll post my opinion!

So for starters I'd like to adress the point people have been making about with old worlds shutting down. So in the lore it just says that they have become fat not that they have died. Because of that the worlds probably are not going to be closed(unless in the third vision they state that they die and I imagine they would just to screw with me:P)

Continuing with the old world part I dont think they will actully close the world because that would make their numbering system go down the drain. Can't have that.

Whoever said the map would be smaller with less trees. You are correct. This I have no doubt about. Cities will still be spread out because you could kill a guild in an hour if they were all 6 min scholar walks like in 2x speed. If not travel times from cities will be drastically increased.

Whoever said they would remove barbs. Sorry but that will never happen. They are a necessary building block. Even the most active players or at least the ones that cap other players will cap barbs. They are used to get a foothold in a far away location and to grow. Without barbs I'm afraid alot of players wouldn't have the troops capable of taking a city. Sadly the game can't just be made for experts it has to be noob friendly and they need something to cap because they grow so slow and are
Incapable of any real
damage until they can just swarm a player with hits.

I predict a lower amount of players let into a world and a smaller map that's more grouped together will LESS barbs so noobs can grow. With this I can predict alot of players having less cities. Instead of having 400-500 cities when a world dies maybe 100ish depending on activity and how aggressive the player is.

@PL we should play LOL unless you don't want me
dominating another game you play ;)

-mason

I'll play LoL with you if you guess 3 features right. Make a separate thread in this subforum. You get 10 guesses, you need to get 3 right. You can modify it up until the day I say so (sometime after we released all the lore but some time before the actual revamp is launched).

I make this offer because your contributions to the Lore threads have been thoughtful and interesting.

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:04 am

PwnLaw wrote:I'll play LoL with you if you guess 3 features right. Make a separate thread in this subforum. You get 10 guesses, you need to get 3 right. You can modify it up until the day I say so (sometime after we released all the lore but some time before the actual revamp is launched).

I make this offer because your contributions to the Lore threads have been thoughtful and interesting.

I'll have to take you up on that. I'm not sure where to post this thread though. Unless they are just way to mind-blowing I think I can get 3:P

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:10 am

Dieformason wrote:I'll have to take you up on that. I'm not sure where to post this thread though. Unless they are just way to mind-blowing I think I can get 3:P

You'll need to describe a few aspects of a feature to convince me you have enough figured out. If you just say: "Oh, they're gonna take a few trees off the map" I'm not gonna count it.

Make another thread in this subforum.

Dieformason

Postby Dieformason » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 am

PwnLaw wrote:You'll need to describe a few aspects of a feature to convince me you have enough figured out. If you just say: "Oh, they're gonna take a few trees off the map" I'm not gonna count it.

Make another thread in this subforum.

Thread has been posted. Ill gather my theorys and post this time tomorrow at the lastest.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:19 am

Dieformason wrote:Thread has been posted. Ill gather my theorys and post this time tomorrow at the lastest.

You have time. I'll check in but I won't pass judgment until THE TIME OF JUDGING.

Return to “Lore”