Aurora: Vision 2

Home of all Lore.
Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:20 am

First, let's lay down what we can easily decipher.
-The "Tree" refers to Valor on a whole, the entire game.
-The "Flowers" refers to individual worlds.
-"New Buds" are obviously new worlds.
**The one that nobody seems to get is the worms.... The worms are the "Withered Spirit of Inactivity, worthlessness, and Laziness" brought on by the lack of fight.

So for the interpretation, Aurora spoke of "smaller flowers" which I believe refers to new worlds being smaller than the current ones. These new worlds are "free of worms" or put another way free of the lazy and inactive spirit of men/women when no fight presents itself.
Aurora also speaks of these new, smaller worlds being "barren, with burnt trees, a wasteland, with no lush Forrests, no mountains, and no oceans." My first interpretation was that the new smaller worlds will not be decorated with trees and mountains on the map, maybe to increase map load times, etc... BUT, what doesn't make sense to me is that she said "no Oceans". There are no oceans on the Valor map, so I have to think this is a metaphor, and that maybe it is referring to decreasing the number of barbarian cities, or even doing away with them. This would definitely increase the Brutality of Valor, and with smaller worlds it would make the fighting spirit that much more intense since you would have to take cities from players instead of grabbing the "low hanging fruit" which is the worm's favorite food.

Now as far the "The shadow draws near, look for the scholar"... I dont know, and it's an ongoing phrase, so it will be part of a bigger story line, more to come so to speak.

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:59 am

Bl1ndFury wrote:First, let's lay down what we can easily decipher.
-The "Tree" refers to Valor on a whole, the entire game.
-The "Flowers" refers to individual worlds.
-"New Buds" are obviously new worlds.
**The one that nobody seems to get is the worms.... The worms are the "Withered Spirit of Inactivity, worthlessness, and Laziness" brought on by the lack of fight.

So for the interpretation, Aurora spoke of "smaller flowers" which I believe refers to new worlds being smaller than the current ones. These new worlds are "free of worms" or put another way free of the lazy and inactive spirit of men/women when no fight presents itself.
Aurora also speaks of these new, smaller worlds being "barren, with burnt trees, a wasteland, with no lush Forrests, no mountains, and no oceans." My first interpretation was that the new smaller worlds will not be decorated with trees and mountains on the map, maybe to increase map load times, etc... BUT, what doesn't make sense to me is that she said "no Oceans". There are no oceans on the Valor map, so I have to think this is a metaphor, and that maybe it is referring to decreasing the number of barbarian cities, or even doing away with them. This would definitely increase the Brutality of Valor, and with smaller worlds it would make the fighting spirit that much more intense since you would have to take cities from players instead of grabbing the "low hanging fruit" which is the worm's favorite food.

Now as far the "The shadow draws near, look for the scholar"... I dont know, and it's an ongoing phrase, so it will be part of a bigger story line, more to come so to speak.

Very interesting interpretation. I can't wait to see what you think about the next vision. A few more thoughtful comments like these will buy you into Pwnlaw's bet with Mason.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:25 pm

Very nice fury. I didn't think of the worms as inactivity. But now I think about it, I can't believe I never saw it before

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:44 pm

:) thanks fire.

Stuckmojo
Knight

Postby Stuckmojo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:28 pm

Compared to the hanging fruit consumed by opulence, the fresh blossoms felt clean and spare. I saw them and I thought of purification. Of refining fire. They were worlds where a spirit could rise to great heights. They were perfect playing fields for a Time of Trials.

I'm more interested in this part. Particularly this phrase
"They were worlds where a spirit could rise to great heights."

Perhaps this is referring to a single player or even guild could dominate over the big coalitions. One of the real issues with this game.
Curious on your thoughts fury ;)

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:46 am

Stuckmojo wrote:Compared to the hanging fruit consumed by opulence, the fresh blossoms felt clean and spare. I saw them and I thought of purification. Of refining fire. They were worlds where a spirit could rise to great heights. They were perfect playing fields for a Time of Trials.

I'm more interested in this part. Particularly this phrase
"They were worlds where a spirit could rise to great heights."

Perhaps this is referring to a single player or even guild could dominate over the big coalitions. One of the real issues with this game.
Curious on your thoughts fury ;)

Maybe the new scholar could rise; this could lead to the apparition of heroes that could give xtra-bonuses in attack and defenses to armies they are with, and that could level-up as gaining xp during battles?

(OK OK, I played EmpireCraft and HeroesOfGaia on web, and all these theories are coming from the play experience I had there...)

Return to “Lore”