Aurora: Vision 3

Home of all Lore.
TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Also, the harsher land I hope means more competitions, because I want more GOLD!

Testy300
Lancer

Postby Testy300 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Hmmm...one idea this vision could refer to would be an option to create a "hero" that levels up and can be assigned bonuses for defensive or offensive purposes. I have seen this in other games. They woud start out as a normal troop unit and gain credits when defending or attacking. A new building could be introduced into the city build that is the place where this hero is trained or leveled up.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:21 pm

I have it! The final piece of the puzzle! Morrow has been looking for his colleague, a SCHOLAR, named QUIDDLEBOG. Whty else would his post be under LORE, not GENERAL? Aurora said "Look for the scholar", not "search for the scholar". I think that means that if we see Quiddlebog, we could get gold for catching him.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:22 pm

The whole storyline is looking for this guy! It ties in perfectly! I am SOOOO STUPID for not seeing this earlier!

Blitzkrieg12
Lancer

Postby Blitzkrieg12 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Interesting..

DjMcBrien
Knight

Postby DjMcBrien » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:45 pm

This paladin is in use on another game I play which valor is based on... It's another type of unit and you can only have one.. Sometimes it can have items equipped that you need to find over time which increase different things depending on the item.. The idea that this one paladin could follow you between worlds could be an interesting idea if you can upgrade him however for new players would prove even more at a disadvantage.

This worm thing is more interesting at this point and makes a clear message about barbarians and them rising up however I don't believe barbs could attack someone within the game as that choice I'd say is strictly human

This title thing I hope won't increase people's strengths in areas as those who have played longer will just become too powerful and it will get annoying

All I know for sure is valor is making alot of changes!

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:52 pm

I think most of you are wrong so far in many terms. The spirit is a veteran player seeking the action. A veteran who, just by being how he/she is, is respected and a leader because other players wants the spirit/veteran to lead them. Wants and seeks the spirit to guide them in the ways of Valor and on the battlefield.

'He would never yield to the temptations of opulence, for he desired nothing the lesser worlds had to offer'

This is the type of player that doesn't stay in the silent (old / settled) worlds. This type of player grows to a certain size - but doesn't desire to take cities just to take cities.

'In each world, the same story unfolded. The spirit began as a common soldier, and other recruits flocked to him though he bore no title. Soon he was a captain, commanding the total devotion of his squad. Then he was a general, marshaling legions to his banner. Finally, he rose to the position of royal war adviser, and lords bowed to his will. World upon world knew his face and yielded to his power.'

These are the true leaders of Valor! They don't strive to be crown or general because of the title - but because people have faith in them and wants their leadership.

'But after a time, he realized the worlds were irredeemable. Their very nature promoted weakness, laxity, fleshliness. He knew his people could not stay.'

Yes - the worlds are irredeemable. They eventually bore players like the spirit.

'In each world, the spirit gathered his vassals together. He mounted a great horse, lifted his sword high in the air, and led the charge (...) Together they left the old worlds behind(...) They threw off the chains binding them to limp and degenerating kingdoms and rose towards the topmost branches where new worlds would soon spring into being.

Some spirits refused to follow, blinded by excess, too afraid to risk the cleansing of a hostile landscape. The general did not look back. He left them to their fate.'

So - players like the spirit leaves the old world, searching new adventures. They gather people they have played with before to ride into battle with. Leaving back those who merely wants to grow. Leaving back those that wasn't active enough. Entering new worlds - meeting new players, both veterans and noobs.

'They needed a harsher land, one that would weed out the weak from the strong. They needed a Time of Trials.'

I presume this was the idea with w100.

So - boiled down. It seems to me the spirit is a tale of many Valor players I know and many I respect.

But what does the vision then tells me?
It tells me that PM is aware of this. They are aware of this kind of players - and they appreciate what they do to Valor.
What is waiting for us? Maybe new worlds where you, in order to join, are not allowed to be a noob? Where you need to have certain KSA from previous worlds? Or maybe...where you enter this new world together as a guild - with a fixed leader upfront. Marked in Valor - and those leaders are granted something extra from Valor, at a price. Somewhat like the PM staff in W100. Some of them enter with 1k gold - but they also have a similar bounty on their head.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Ikier wrote:I think most of you are wrong so far in many terms. The spirit is a veteran player seeking the action. A veteran who, just by being how he/she is, is respected and a leader because other players wants the spirit/veteran to lead them. Wants and seeks the spirit to guide them in the ways of Valor and on the battlefield.

'He would never yield to the temptations of opulence, for he desired nothing the lesser worlds had to offer'

This is the type of player that doesn't stay in the silent (old / settled) worlds. This type of player grows to a certain size - but doesn't desire to take cities just to take cities.

'In each world, the same story unfolded. The spirit began as a common soldier, and other recruits flocked to him though he bore no title. Soon he was a captain, commanding the total devotion of his squad. Then he was a general, marshaling legions to his banner. Finally, he rose to the position of royal war adviser, and lords bowed to his will. World upon world knew his face and yielded to his power.'

These are the true leaders of Valor! They don't strive to be crown or general because of the title - but because people have faith in them and wants their leadership.

'But after a time, he realized the worlds were irredeemable. Their very nature promoted weakness, laxity, fleshliness. He knew his people could not stay.'

Yes - the worlds are irredeemable. They eventually bore players like the spirit.

'In each world, the spirit gathered his vassals together. He mounted a great horse, lifted his sword high in the air, and led the charge (...) Together they left the old worlds behind(...) They threw off the chains binding them to limp and degenerating kingdoms and rose towards the topmost branches where new worlds would soon spring into being.

Some spirits refused to follow, blinded by excess, too afraid to risk the cleansing of a hostile landscape. The general did not look back. He left them to their fate.'

So - players like the spirit leaves the old world, searching new adventures. They gather people they have played with before to ride into battle with. Leaving back those who merely wants to grow. Leaving back those that wasn't active enough. Entering new worlds - meeting new players, both veterans and noobs.

'They needed a harsher land, one that would weed out the weak from the strong. They needed a Time of Trials.'

I presume this was the idea with w100.

So - boiled down. It seems to me the spirit is a tale of many Valor players I know and many I respect.

But what does the vision then tells me?
It tells me that PM is aware of this. They are aware of this kind of players - and they appreciate what they do to Valor.
What is waiting for us? Maybe new worlds where you, in order to join, are not allowed to be a noob? Where you need to have certain KSA from previous worlds? Or maybe...where you enter this new world together as a guild - with a fixed leader upfront. Marked in Valor - and those leaders are granted something extra from Valor, at a price. Somewhat like the PM staff in W100. Some of them enter with 1k gold - but they also have a similar bounty on their head.

Go join the 10 predictions thread. Choose your stakes. If you lose, you gotta name your first city in every world after me.

Hendersonmc
Lancer

Postby Hendersonmc » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 pm

ok, I think I understand this vision. Salvation for valorous players from mindless feeding off weak players. The salvation is being drawn into a new world, where competition will be more equal.

Passage to the new world will be based upon accomplishments in a "Time of Trials". Obviously, these trials have to assess the valor of players... The mysterious captain/general/warlord draws the valorous players to separate organization. Maybe something other than a guild. What are the qualifications? New trails? KSA, KSD? Maybe they drop you on one of those desolate worlds, give you fixed resources, an objective, and then grade your performance.

Throwing off the chains refers to making play in the new world independent of the worlds the players came from; best guess is they have to abandon their cities in the irredeemable worlds to travel to the new worlds. But why would valorous players abandon a world they spent so much time in?

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm

Hendersonmc wrote:ok, I think I understand this vision. Salvation for valorous players from mindless feeding off weak players. The salvation is being drawn into a new world, where competition will be more equal.

Passage to the new world will be based upon accomplishments in a "Time of Trials". Obviously, these trials have to assess the valor of players... The mysterious captain/general/warlord draws the valorous players to separate organization. Maybe something other than a guild. What are the qualifications? New trails? KSA, KSD? Maybe they drop you on one of those desolate worlds, give you fixed resources, an objective, and then grade your performance.

Throwing off the chains refers to making play in the new world independent of the worlds the players came from; best guess is they have to abandon their cities in the irredeemable worlds to travel to the new worlds. But why would valorous players abandon a world they spent so much time in?

Why stay in a world - just because you have spent many hours on it? I spent many hours on worlds I abandoned. Without wanting to make biblical references (but general religion and human life): It is being on the way that has its beauty. It is the journey - it is the life. In all religions (afaik): You don't get salvation because you die but because how you have lived your life.

Return to “Lore”