Aurora: Vision 3

Home of all Lore.
Ikier

Postby Ikier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:18 pm

PwnLaw wrote:Go join the 10 predictions thread. Choose your stakes. If you lose, you gotta name your first city in every world after me.

Thank you for the offer PwnLaw. I don't think I will take it though - but I will take it as credit for my post.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Ikier wrote:Thank you for the offer PwnLaw. I don't think I will take it though - but I will take it as credit for my post.

It is a dangerous folly to play the predictions game. You are wise to avoid it.

roadrash8414
Lancer

Can't believe im doing this again...

Postby roadrash8414 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:16 pm

First, this is a vision from before (chronologically) the first two. Please be clear on that.

The assessment of the warrior/leader/spirit seems spot on. [an aside: PwnLaw, why would you be encouraging people to come up with ways to twist your name?]

Moving forward the game seems likely to change significantly, but the "Time of Trials" could be too obvious or it could be a red herring.

With regard to the "attacking barbs": technically, I believe they have always attacked. If you leave cities for to long you get a notification about "the hordes attacking" and "the horror, the horror", I think the difference is that it will no longer be possible to restart worlds that this has happened. The barbs get you, you dead. No "start over" for you.

All that said, could we please get a bit less information from these visions moving forward? They're starting to take our focus off of more important things.

Wait, 11 hrs and still no Valor. Never mind. Carry on.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:57 am

Aurora's 3 vision tells us about a new unit that will be added to Valor. This unit will obviously be upgradeable. The phrase "Free it from the pollution of Barbarian tribes." makes me believe that previous predictions of PM doing away with the Barbarian cities is correct. ....but then the dynamic of Valor will change. This Royal War Advisor is meant to address the changes in game play i assume. Barbarian cities currently are a means of advancing resource intake through farming, yet are the blight that breeds inactivity and weakness (sim city players). The Generals or Royal War Advisors will probably become a unit that will, once upgraded far enough might give a boost in resource production or some other similar effect.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:24 am

Bl1ndFury wrote:Aurora's 3 vision tells us about a new unit that will be added to Valor. This unit will obviously be upgradeable. The phrase "Free it from the pollution of Barbarian tribes." makes me believe that previous predictions of PM doing away with the Barbarian cities is correct. ....but then the dynamic of Valor will change. This Royal War Advisor is meant to address the changes in game play i assume. Barbarian cities currently are a means of advancing resource intake through farming, yet are the blight that breeds inactivity and weakness (sim city players). The Generals or Royal War Advisors will probably become a unit that will, once upgraded far enough might give a boost in resource production or some other similar effect.

You can farm in-actives as easily as barbs. Yes, the barbs grow, but that should be more reason for players to farm more active players and war more if barbs no longer exist.
I can't wait to see exactly what this vision will be.

Greyhigh
Guardian

Postby Greyhigh » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:33 am

After reading the Vision more closely, I don't think it's about removing Barb. cities. I think it's exactly as a few have already posted. Special worlds will open up that only can be joined by invitation. These invites will be sent from many of the crowns that run the guilds we see in every world, ie. KOF.

Bl1ndFury
Knight

Postby Bl1ndFury » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:49 am

Greyhigh, maybe what I posted wasn't clear enough. My first sentence stated that vision 3 is about (in my opinion) the addition of a new unit. Most of what followed after that was kind of a rehashing of vision 2. Just a thinking aloud sort of.

LordDireWolf
Lancer

Postby LordDireWolf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm playing a bit of catch up as this is my first post so bare with me. It likely will be lengthy.

I have read over all the responses and going to paraphrase the ones I found more appropriate. So if you're listed here congratulations, I don't think you're an idiot. :) Also, like any good marketer I'm going to essentially take your ideas, rearrange them add a bit of direction and call it my own. Haha But I think it works. Anyways, without further adieu.... LDW's interpretation.

Since Burford is a word nerd like my best friend these riddles are not going to be easy. Hats off to you Bunny. But in saying that, I think it would be wise that some attention be paid to the structure of her writing. Every paragraph is it's own thought, it's own clue. Watching which tense she's writing in helps to understand whether Aurora is envisioning past,present, or future. This is important because as the video says, they are foreshadowing events to come and changes to be made. The past tense will be speaking to the problem to us figure out what they may be thinking. PM is making changes "to make it real and worth defending." And they always ask for our input using it to eliminate frustrations/glitches etc. So... What ****es you off in Valor? (And if you say glitches one more time after what Mason said there really is no hope for you.) And like others have pointed out there are several words or phrases that continue to pop up or are seemingly of great value in the first vision.These are the clues that mater the most to me.

Vision 1. Past Tense

Trials- the meaning of this to me isn't as important as how often it appears. Trials by definition are the tests we face. *So that could mean a number of things. Competitions... Sure there'll probably be more everyone seemed to enjoy it. But I think since this is a war game it more directly refers to the battles we face, so there will be more of them.

The Shadow- The dark changes, and since PWN and Bunny have said we are going to "encounter" General Valahand and we will like the story but dislike the character. I pick him.

Dark Rahl *said: "
I agree. Gen Valahad, the new character they spoke of. Making a point we would all hate him but like him. I think that like coz it would add a new dimension to valor"

"Opulence"- Wealth, riches, or affluence.*

Worms- You can take this so many ways. And maybe you have to?
Many have made strong arguments for it being different things.*Fire820 *said worms are barbarians, right track I think but I think theres more to it which I'll explain in a minute. But first I think Gummiebear is onto something here.

Gummiebear said:
"Second, using symbolism, what does a tree represent as a symbol? Growth? Longevity? Also worlds don't grow on trees; but apples do... And apples represent beginnings. Worms tend to favor apples, and worms tend to represent a sickness if viewed in a dream. But there are worlds on the tree, not apples (beginnings). So if the worlds don't rep. beginnings, does that imply that they are ending? The worlds are ending via a sickness or infestation of worms?"

"Look to the scholar"- still no idea and/ or not convinced so I'm going to abstain for now.*

So to sum up this vision, there is something that is already happening in every world that is killing the world, and the changes are being made to fix them.

Vision 2.&3
There are so many metaphors in this * I'm just gonna talk out my thought process.

"It fed, draining courage, determination, and essence from the people of that world. I waited, expecting to see bodies drop, lifeless, all over the planet, I saw something worse."*
- Twice mentioned that this "parasite" is ruining every world killing off people.*What's worse than your neighbors/ allies barbing out?

The last and the next quotes are *my favorite quotes out of the second vision. And I think it directly speaks to something that bothers me and most others in every world.*

".....the larger they grew, the more their own flesh smothered them, as if they were becoming worms themselves."*

- I think they are finally planning on making it easier to manage more than 50 cities without Auroras blessing. They took that out a few months back to fix the glitches and I don't see why you should pay to be big anyways. So i imagine they have fixed it and decided to give it to everyone. *This flowed along with the story but I think it's a side note from a bigger picture.

So... Back to the worm and the darkness which are the bigger theme. There is only one worm for every world so it can't be us, it can't be barbarians but it IS causing players to Barb out which is decaying every world. So now as a player what makes most leave? Coalition diplomacy and their "opulence" as they begin bullying players to join them rather than wasting troops on them. And there is only one who ends up winning the world and decaying it quickly. Once the world is closed, there will be no new players and that kingdom rots on the tree.

" ... This was no trial. This produced no refinement of the spirit. The men on these worlds had no chance of overcoming. They could only stagnate until the end of time."

I think you will see an alliance limit. Or there will be much tighter restrictions on them. Also, to tie the good general back in I can't get rid of the thought of a AI player out of my mind. The idea is to stimulate activity, I was thinking the good general either polices the mega alliance or has the barbs rise up against later in the game so you have to defend your throne. It does say his map was full.

I agree with most that this starts to talk about a true endgame. But it goes on to talk about it being optional in vision 3. So no I doubt you'll see worlds closing. If they're making money on it why close it? This is a business for them.

The smaller worlds. May be invite only championship showdowns where you have a choice to accept or decline. Should have very few barbarian cities and landscapes to reduce lag and increas timing effectiveness. These players are not then "noobs". And wont need the barbs as much. And I wonder if this is where "look to the scholar" comes into play. This post intrigued me and kind of influenced this idea.
PROSGEE said:
"...i finally lost 1 of my 3 cities after 48 hrs of defending. I killed hundreds of thousands of enemy troops & dozens of their scholars before they could take the city back. ...After avenging his guild-mate & taking the city back, he sent a message to me titled respect commending me on my resistance....
I went to the quests section to collect resources to use to start rebuilding & decided to check on Aurora. She said something she has never said before. " I see power in ur future, u need only nurture it" were her exact words."

When he clicked on that link it brought him to these forums. Perhaps when you earn this scholar, it will be a portal into the championship round.

I'm sure I missed lots but I'm tired of typing lol*

-LDW

LordDireWolf
Lancer

Postby LordDireWolf » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Pardon my grammar.

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 pm

LordDireWolf wrote:I'm playing a bit of catch up as this is my first post so bare with me. It likely will be lengthy.

I have read over all the responses and going to paraphrase the ones I found more appropriate. So if you're listed here congratulations, I don't think you're an idiot. :) Also, like any good marketer I'm going to essentially take your ideas, rearrange them add a bit of direction and call it my own. Haha But I think it works. Anyways, without further adieu.... LDW's interpretation.

Since Burford is a word nerd like my best friend these riddles are not going to be easy. Hats off to you Bunny. But in saying that, I think it would be wise that some attention be paid to the structure of her writing. Every paragraph is it's own thought, it's own clue. Watching which tense she's writing in helps to understand whether Aurora is envisioning past,present, or future. This is important because as the video says, they are foreshadowing events to come and changes to be made. The past tense will be speaking to the problem to us figure out what they may be thinking. PM is making changes "to make it real and worth defending." And they always ask for our input using it to eliminate frustrations/glitches etc. So... What ****es you off in Valor? (And if you say glitches one more time after what Mason said there really is no hope for you.) And like others have pointed out there are several words or phrases that continue to pop up or are seemingly of great value in the first vision.These are the clues that mater the most to me.

Vision 1. Past Tense

Trials- the meaning of this to me isn't as important as how often it appears. Trials by definition are the tests we face. *So that could mean a number of things. Competitions... Sure there'll probably be more everyone seemed to enjoy it. But I think since this is a war game it more directly refers to the battles we face, so there will be more of them.

The Shadow- The dark changes, and since PWN and Bunny have said we are going to "encounter" General Valahand and we will like the story but dislike the character. I pick him.

Dark Rahl *said: "
I agree. Gen Valahad, the new character they spoke of. Making a point we would all hate him but like him. I think that like coz it would add a new dimension to valor"

"Opulence"- Wealth, riches, or affluence.*

Worms- You can take this so many ways. And maybe you have to?
Many have made strong arguments for it being different things.*Fire820 *said worms are barbarians, right track I think but I think theres more to it which I'll explain in a minute. But first I think Gummiebear is onto something here.

Gummiebear said:
"Second, using symbolism, what does a tree represent as a symbol? Growth? Longevity? Also worlds don't grow on trees; but apples do... And apples represent beginnings. Worms tend to favor apples, and worms tend to represent a sickness if viewed in a dream. But there are worlds on the tree, not apples (beginnings). So if the worlds don't rep. beginnings, does that imply that they are ending? The worlds are ending via a sickness or infestation of worms?"

"Look to the scholar"- still no idea and/ or not convinced so I'm going to abstain for now.*

So to sum up this vision, there is something that is already happening in every world that is killing the world, and the changes are being made to fix them.

Vision 2.&3
There are so many metaphors in this * I'm just gonna talk out my thought process.

"It fed, draining courage, determination, and essence from the people of that world. I waited, expecting to see bodies drop, lifeless, all over the planet, I saw something worse."*
- Twice mentioned that this "parasite" is ruining every world killing off people.*What's worse than your neighbors/ allies barbing out?

The last and the next quotes are *my favorite quotes out of the second vision. And I think it directly speaks to something that bothers me and most others in every world.*

".....the larger they grew, the more their own flesh smothered them, as if they were becoming worms themselves."*

- I think they are finally planning on making it easier to manage more than 50 cities without Auroras blessing. They took that out a few months back to fix the glitches and I don't see why you should pay to be big anyways. So i imagine they have fixed it and decided to give it to everyone. *This flowed along with the story but I think it's a side note from a bigger picture.

So... Back to the worm and the darkness which are the bigger theme. There is only one worm for every world so it can't be us, it can't be barbarians but it IS causing players to Barb out which is decaying every world. So now as a player what makes most leave? Coalition diplomacy and their "opulence" as they begin bullying players to join them rather than wasting troops on them. And there is only one who ends up winning the world and decaying it quickly. Once the world is closed, there will be no new players and that kingdom rots on the tree.

" ... This was no trial. This produced no refinement of the spirit. The men on these worlds had no chance of overcoming. They could only stagnate until the end of time."

I think you will see an alliance limit. Or there will be much tighter restrictions on them. Also, to tie the good general back in I can't get rid of the thought of a AI player out of my mind. The idea is to stimulate activity, I was thinking the good general either polices the mega alliance or has the barbs rise up against later in the game so you have to defend your throne. It does say his map was full.

I agree with most that this starts to talk about a true endgame. But it goes on to talk about it being optional in vision 3. So no I doubt you'll see worlds closing. If they're making money on it why close it? This is a business for them.

The smaller worlds. May be invite only championship showdowns where you have a choice to accept or decline. Should have very few barbarian cities and landscapes to reduce lag and increas timing effectiveness. These players are not then "noobs". And wont need the barbs as much. And I wonder if this is where "look to the scholar" comes into play. This post intrigued me and kind of influenced this idea.
PROSGEE said:
"...i finally lost 1 of my 3 cities after 48 hrs of defending. I killed hundreds of thousands of enemy troops & dozens of their scholars before they could take the city back. ...After avenging his guild-mate & taking the city back, he sent a message to me titled respect commending me on my resistance....
I went to the quests section to collect resources to use to start rebuilding & decided to check on Aurora. She said something she has never said before. " I see power in ur future, u need only nurture it" were her exact words."

When he clicked on that link it brought him to these forums. Perhaps when you earn this scholar, it will be a portal into the championship round.

I'm sure I missed lots but I'm tired of typing lol*

-LDW

Sir, if you choose, you may enter the 10 Predictions thread. You are betting against Pwnlaw that you can guess at least 3 of the upcoming features before the deadline (but after all the lore has been released). Choose your stakes for if you win. If you lose, you must name your first city "Pwnlawville" on every world in the future.

Return to “Lore”