Aurora: Vision 3

Home of all Lore.
Robo
Lancer

Postby Robo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm

For those that don't know already it is now impossible to start over in w1-15. They have created and end game for a world. That is the arrival of the paladin. Those who wish to have competition MUST move to the new worlds.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 pm

burford_bunny wrote:Sir, if you choose, you may enter the 10 Predictions thread. You are betting against Pwnlaw that you can guess at least 3 of the upcoming features before the deadline (but after all the lore has been released). Choose your stakes for if you win. If you lose, you must name your first city "Pwnlawville" on every world in the future.

Yes....come to the prediction thread and play the game of games.

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:51 am

Reincarnation hindered in the amazon
Led us astray from the path that we were on

Dancing light in the sky will you lead us
Barbarians don't adequately feed us!

The skies have gone darker than greed
The crops cannot grow for our need

War among men is assembling before us
Our only hope is the return of Auroras

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:46 am

Gummiebear51 wrote:Reincarnation hindered in the amazon
Led us astray from the path that we were on

Dancing light in the sky will you lead us
Barbarians don't adequately feed us!

The skies have gone darker than greed
The crops cannot grow for our need

War among men is assembling before us
Our only hope is the return of Auroras

An Oracle's haunted by visions of woe
A Scholar investigates to and fro

The General rides on a bloody campaign
But Pwnlaw will not see battle again

Answer the riddle if answer you can
What do these spell for the fate of man?

Gummiebear51
Lancer

Postby Gummiebear51 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 pm

U
burford_bunny wrote:An Oracle's haunted by visions of woe
A Scholar investigates to and fro

The General rides on a bloody campaign
But Pwnlaw will not see battle again

Answer the riddle if answer you can
What do these spell for the fate of man?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

-Tolkien

LordDireWolf
Lancer

Postby LordDireWolf » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:13 pm

PwnLaw wrote:Yes....come to the prediction thread and play the game of games.

Well, how can I pass up a challenge such as this.... What will my stakes be? Hmm

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:58 pm

LordDireWolf wrote:Well, how can I pass up a challenge such as this.... What will my stakes be? Hmm

Choose wisely, for the penalty is steep.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Ok. Here I go again. It's long but bear with me please.

This is obviously before the others. "The worms had not yet come." Wanted to clear that first.

Just a side note. A tree usually represents life and longevity. Maybe Aurora is saying that like the tree, Valor will live long and, like the blossoms, flourish. Just something I haven't picked up on before.

"We were content". Ok. Content. Happy as is. With what though? Maybe happy as things currently are before the change to make Valor more brutal?

"Seeds of contamination". Seeds represent beginnings. But the beginning of what? Maybe inactivity, like worms. Or maybe, just a wild guess, big coalitions.

The spirit I think is Valahand.

"Looking for corruption. He knew the worms were coming. He was determined to save some." So corruption obviously can't be inactivity. So maybe big coalitions. Or actual corruption, like backstabbing. I doubt that one though. Maybe barb hunters?? Again doubtful though.

"He would never yield to opulence of the lesser worlds." So the spirit can't be bribed so to say. I think a better way to interpret this is that he will be a war machine basically. Very aggressive. I think most people will like this about Valahand.

Zeal is the only thing that can save them. Points to worms being inactivity. Worms are coming but if the people are zealous, they're active, which saves them from the worms.

"He entered every world on the tree." Do I need to explain this? He's gonna be in every world. He will be everywhere.

The "same story" that unfolds. This says that the spirit will be like the thief that comes in the night. Quiet. Yet he will be well-liked. So he will lead. Everyone will bow. This I think I'd what we will not like about Valahand.

The war room. Shows he is aggressive. Maybe even that he will cause wars between two groups.

His goal. "Purify the Paladin race." Purify the players of inactivity. Save us from the worms. Save us from barbarian tribes. Now, some say this means no barbs. I disagree. What happens when you're inactive in a world for a certain period of time. You get the message, "The barbarians are attacking you." Inactivity.

"The worlds were irredeemable. Their very nature promoted laxity." Wars do end. With no enemy, what happens, inactivity. The spirit wouldn't stand for this. His people needed wars basically. New worlds. So they leave them to join new worlds. Always active. Some stayed. He let them succumb to inactivity.

To me the most interesting part is the Time of Trials. This ties in with Quiddlebog's reports. What it will be, I don't know.

Maybe all this leads to time-limit worlds. Or winners being declared. Or who knows what. Only Playmesh unfortunately for us.

Thanks for reading my thoughts!
~Fire820~

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Fire820 wrote:To me the most interesting part is the Time of Trials. This ties in with Quiddlebog's reports. What it will be, I don't know.

Maybe all this leads to time-limit worlds. Or winners being declared. Or who knows what. Only Playmesh unfortunately for us.

Or maybe it's just a time of wars in general. Maybe across all worlds even. Open up the old worlds? The spirit and his followers. Maybe. So many possibilities. Can't wait.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:52 pm

I get everything up to the Quiddlebog reports. I can't figure that out either...

Return to “Lore”