Aurora: Vision 4

Home of all Lore.
Aurora

Aurora: Vision 4

Postby Aurora » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 pm

After the exodus, they came to the promised land.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

The general led his disciples up the trunk of the world tree, while the worms appeared below to feed on spirits left behind.

As the general neared the top of the tree, he caught sight of new worlds blossoming. His eyes glowed at the sight of them. He spurred his horse and led his people towards the purifying fire of trials.

Spirits entered their worlds. They built cities. They farmed resources. And then they began to battle.

I saw two great armies clash on the field. Soldiers cut one another down, spears flashing in the sunlight, war cries filling the air. There was grace in their fighting and hope in their faces. Even the wounded, even the dying, gritted their teeth through the pain and turned their eyes forward. Because they knew their mission was true.

There was a moment in the thick of battle when time seemed to stand still. The sun reflected off a knight’s blade as he swung it with all his might towards his opponent. I heard the felling stroke slice clean through the enemy.

Then that sound crescendoed into a thunderclap, and, as if on signal, the battlefield cracked open. Some soldiers fell into the chasm rapidly expanding beneath their feet. Others dropped their swords and ran. The earth yawned wider, and from the depths, a giant bloody crown rose slowly into the air.

The enormous circle of gold hovered above the two armies, prongs reaching towards the sky like pillars proclaiming victory. But death stained the otherwise shining metal. Those prongs were marked with the red liquid of sacrifice. The central jewel moved left, then right, like an eye searching for a loved one. Blood dripped into the thirsty ground.

For a long moment the crown glistened red and gold in the air, then it began to shrink. It diminished in size and floated away from the gaping hole in the earth, which also started to close. The crown moved towards the lord of the winning army, sitting tall on his horse away from the main battle. The circle alighted on his brow at the same moment that the sides of the chasm groaned shut.

In the Time of Trials, crown and blood were tied together. No glory came without death. But there was also no death without glory. For to die in the jaws of such trials and on a quest of such magnitude was no shame. It was another step on the road to Valor.

destro31
Knight

Postby destro31 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm

ok so we get crowned each time we conquer a city. the crown stands for you ruling the city. right? it seems to me all the visions relate solely to one person. the general (players) , without him/her valor would not exist. all the inactive noobs take over and the world falls into chaos. if that happens then playmesh deletes the world. hopefully to clear space. each battle fought you usually lose troops. what if the amount of troops lost effects how the game reacts. like if you lose half your force then a challenge happens.

Scuzzy1007
Lancer

Postby Scuzzy1007 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:38 pm

I hope this means that a time frame is established and a victor is made before they are deleted.

Justkafi
Lancer

Postby Justkafi » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:48 pm

Ok so what exactlly does this mean. Aurora is not that great of a seer if she can't waste a page with her vauge criptic messages that explain nothing we need more info if she want some action.

3170n13
Lancer

Postby 3170n13 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:47 pm

@justkafi

Seers have to eat to you know. They give you cryptic clues that can be read either way and can be seen as truthful in some way in hindsight.
That way you will come back and pay them more gold, jewels, etc next time you want them to see into the future.

Disclaimer: Any similarity to the explanation of how seers run their business and the cryptic messages Playmesh are giving out in an effort to entice us to keep playing and possibly paying money to do so is purely coincidental ;-)

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Well CLEARLY you guys are being stupid and NOT looking at the OTHER VISIONS. Piece this all together. What do we know? Well, we know that the crown is an empire. But let's look back farther. To Vision 3 or 2. Maybe even 1. What is the same? The worms. Clearly, we are the worms, destroying other cities and kingdoms. There are a few who can match our might. Then the part about the crown in this vision. There are two interpretations I have. In both: The crown rising means the person coming to power. The armies are guilds at war, when one man comes to power and is a threat to them all, taking some out, making others flee the world. However, my theories go separate ways after that. In interpretation 1: The crown sehimking is when the remaining few in the guild are left take on and defeat that person in power. But in interpretation 2 (I think this one is right): The crown shrinks when the winner is declared and the end world is initiated. Looking at the Quiddlebog thing... I think that you need to find him for something like, oh, I don't know, maybe THE SCHOLAR. Quiddlebog is a scholar and maybe you need to find him after getting all 6 scrolls and that will give you a new found power or advantage. How is THAT for a macro interpretation, PwnLaw? You just got served a taste of your own medicine, getting PWNED!!!

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:18 pm

Sehimking was supposed to be sinking. I just pwned myself...

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:21 pm

Hmm... Exodus means a mass departure of people... This supports the world termination theory.

Aphrodite44
Lancer

Postby Aphrodite44 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Has Aurora been reading Story Time? :) Waiting for the visions to get a little.. steamier ;)

LordYeldarb
Lancer

Postby LordYeldarb » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:40 pm

Good old Wikipedia suggests that worms can be a symbol for renewal. It may not be that the worlds will end, but perhaps after a winner is declared, the world will reopen once again for players who joined to late to be a part of it. This is supported by the chasm in the earth, or in other words, the world opening up, killing the armies and crowning a king! Looking at lore, it appears this king will rule over the barbs who worship him (at the cost of their daily labours). Now a barb-king in the new world would be cool. Not an AI, but not with limitless powers either.

Of course, if we want the alternate interpretation of seers as suggested above, worms derives from wyrms, an ancient form of dragons associated to the world tree of what I believe are Viking origins. Since playmesh loves when we bring up dragons in association to this game, it could be said that this vision of the vision allows for multidimensional play with chasms, and sky-like pillars where red, fiery death meets your army and you test your metal so-to-speak. Perhaps the scholar bears an egg?

All I can say is keep dreaming Aurora!

Return to “Lore”