Quiddlebog and Valahand: Predictions!

Home of all Lore.
Ikier

Postby Ikier » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:25 pm

LordFirefall wrote:He says to take their cities, but not waste scholars. That could mean that we will be able to take barbs without scholars. It would certainly make things more interesting in the early game. However, I would not be fond of the barbs becoming more active.

I think it will be contrary. That we will not be able to take the barbs that the computer pops up with in the beginning - only barbs coming from players.

That would be good to me

Hofer
Lancer

Postby Hofer » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Got 5 barb lore scrolls but I'm afraide to get the 6th because valahand seems like he will betray me if I do get the 6th.

Bone Clothes
Lancer

Postby Bone Clothes » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Perhaps we will not be able to build academies inside of barbarian cities.

Perhaps conquering a barbarian city will require repeated attacks and not a scholar.

It is difficult to tell how much of the lore is a hint, and how much is just flourish meant to make the reading more entertaining.

Bone Clothes
Lancer

Postby Bone Clothes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:26 pm

PwnLaw wrote:All right. Get your predictions in by noon PST tomorrow.

Things are about to leak out... ;)

Oh, boy. I was about to try and put together a list of things we know as fact, fact as in coming from the mouth of a playmesh member, and a list of what lore wants to appear as fact, but could potentially have a game based faction bias. But perhaps I will not need to organize my mind, if I can just hold out until tomorrow ;)

Bone Clothes
Lancer

Postby Bone Clothes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:36 am

Ah, Følgesvenn, how glad I am to find you awake. The nightmares still plague me, each night grows longer. I am sure I was meant to gain understanding from tonight's terror but I still can not make heads or tails of it.

Are the raven still sick? I would be interested to know if any of my fellow lords are active this night, I am also expecting important word tomorrow.

...these terrors are so vivid. Tonight, as sleep took me, I entered into a large hall and walked toward the head of a great table, around which sat all of my lords, but they barely acknowledged me. When I reached the head of the table I found a man with a sword across his lap, whose clothes were covered in blood stains. I stared at the sword as he lifted it to gently set it on the table. It landed with an impressive sound. Behind me I heard horse, turning I saw two great armies clashing on the field around me, at my feet were three bodies. Soldiers cut one another down, spears flashing in the sunlight, war cries filling the air. The battle raged, blood matted my hair, glory dripped from my pick.

There was a moment in the thick of battle when time seemed to stand still. The sun reflected off a knight's blade as he swung it with all his might towards you, Følgesvenn. I saw it before I heard it, I saw you open, glory soaked your clothes, and splattered the sword arm of your attacker. The sound reached my ears at the same moment as my enemies battle axe. I woke with a yell, but I wasn't in bed, and the room wasn't cold. I was outside, the ground was hard and cracked, the sun was hot. I couldn't see you but I knew you were there, I examined what other things I knew. Many lords from the battle were there. The knight that laid you low was there.

I sat, to meditate, searched for the split, but there was none, my spirit was whole. Where I had expected to find the tree I found instead an obelisk. Carved into it were worlds, one above the other, and carved onto those worlds were thousands of archetypes. The Paladin, the Scholar, the Fool, the Virgin. The worlds higher up contained fewer carvings, I watched as the carvings filled with blood. The thought that hit me upon seeing this was as powerful as a war hammer to the chest, it knocked me from my meditation and left me sprawled on the baked ground. I lay there, staring at the sky, unable to move, until I realized I was staring at my own ceiling. Looking out the window I found I had slept for no more than several hours.

I am unwell Følgesvenn, each night I get less sleep or perhaps more. I don’t even know what I know anymore. I sleep for years, only to wake exhausted, and find that hardly any time has passed. I hope they send word soon, I think knowing will bring rest.

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Bone Clothes wrote:Ah, Følgesvenn, how glad I am to find you awake. The nightmares still plague me, each night grows longer. I am sure I was meant to gain understanding from tonight's terror but I still can not make heads or tails of it.

Are the raven still sick? I would be interested to know if any of my fellow lords are active this night, I am also expecting important word tomorrow.

...these terrors are so vivid. Tonight, as sleep took me, I entered into a large hall and walked toward the head of a great table, around which sat all of my lords, but they barely acknowledged me. When I reached the head of the table I found a man with a sword across his lap, whose clothes were covered in blood stains. I stared at the sword as he lifted it to gently set it on the table. It landed with an impressive sound. Behind me I heard horse, turning I saw two great armies clashing on the field around me, at my feet were three bodies. Soldiers cut one another down, spears flashing in the sunlight, war cries filling the air. The battle raged, blood matted my hair, glory dripped from my pick.

There was a moment in the thick of battle when time seemed to stand still. The sun reflected off a knight's blade as he swung it with all his might towards you, Følgesvenn. I saw it before I heard it, I saw you open, glory soaked your clothes, and splattered the sword arm of your attacker. The sound reached my ears at the same moment as my enemies battle axe. I woke with a yell, but I wasn't in bed, and the room wasn't cold. I was outside, the ground was hard and cracked, the sun was hot. I couldn't see you but I knew you were there, I examined what other things I knew. Many lords from the battle were there. The knight that laid you low was there.

I sat, to meditate, searched for the split, but there was none, my spirit was whole. Where I had expected to find the tree I found instead an obelisk. Carved into it were worlds, one above the other, and carved onto those worlds were thousands of archetypes. The Paladin, the Scholar, the Fool, the Virgin. The worlds higher up contained fewer carvings, I watched as the carvings filled with blood. The thought that hit me upon seeing this was as powerful as a war hammer to the chest, it knocked me from my meditation and left me sprawled on the baked ground. I lay there, staring at the sky, unable to move, until I realized I was staring at my own ceiling. Looking out the window I found I had slept for no more than several hours.

I am unwell Følgesvenn, each night I get less sleep or perhaps more. I don’t even know what I know anymore. I sleep for years, only to wake exhausted, and find that hardly any time has passed. I hope they send word soon, I think knowing will bring rest.

Sir, you are besieged by terrifying visions. The bunny waits with bated breath to see what they mean. The obelisk with carvings filled with blood? The battle where your friend Folgesvenn was slain? As soon as the knowledge comes to you, please share it with the rest of us without delay. The bunny will run out of breath soon. And then what will she do?

Bone Clothes
Lancer

Postby Bone Clothes » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:52 pm

burford_bunny wrote:Sir, you are besieged by terrifying visions. The bunny waits with bated breath to see what they mean. The obelisk with carvings filled with blood? The battle where your friend Folgesvenn was slain? As soon as the knowledge comes to you, please share it with the rest of us without delay. The bunny will run out of breath soon. And then what will she do?

If a bunny looks to me for vision I fear you will find me lacking, I am no oracle. My nightmares are more likely a product of me listening to the retelling of Auroras visions before bed, so full of death were they, coupled with the presumed death of Quiddlebog and my recent argument with Valahand, the stress seems to have overwhelmed the unconscious.

Time will tell.

Reddragon78
Lancer

Postby Reddragon78 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 pm

I had an interesting moment in W76 when taking my fifth barb to find the lores. My first 4 scholar attacks on the barb, one which had been there from the beginning if the world, provided me with attack reports citing the name of the city as barb. My fifth report, where the same barb city was conquered, came back citing the name of the city as NMO 001. My barb had changed it's own name. Has anyone else experienced this?

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:53 am

With the release of Trial by Sword, the Quiddlebog and Valahand quests are now ended. You can now read all of Quiddlebog's scrolls and Valahand's dispatches on the Lore wiki.

Return to “Lore”