Quiddlebog and Valahand: Predictions!

Home of all Lore.
LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Definitely would still want to be able to cap recent barbs. Pulled a guild op today where our targets (3 players) barbed as soon as they saw inbounds. Would really annoy me not to have gotten the city after that long walk.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:57 pm

So... I think that android users are in Worlds called A1, A2, B3, and B4.

Bone Clothes
Lancer

Postby Bone Clothes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Ha! I do as you say, and you say I have no Valor! It is true we part ways here Sir, for I will not follow your guidance again Valahand!

You wanted me to conquer barbarians, you advised me to divert my depleted faculty of scholars away from my battle with one of the Great Worms of my world, and instead cleanse the land of its indigenous disease. Had I known my only reward would be your ridicule I can assure you I would not have welcomed you with open purse strings, but instead I would have tested you against the Worm I now fight.

But still you counsel I turn from my great battle, you would have me smash the barbarians into the ground with the unrelenting thunder of my ballistics. You sir lack honor! You would have me slaughter the innocent, destroy their humble homes, orphan their sweet, ignorant children! YOU SIR, ARE THE BARBARIAN! These barb cities pose no threat to my mighty crown. The roads between my cities have never been safer, these barbarians, those you would have me destroy, dare not even beg for coin along the roads of my kingdom. Until their existence is a threat to my crown, they will be ignored by me.

If they should bend the knee to my enemy, and do my enemies bidding, their red walls shall crumble, their stables shall burn, and the crops shall die overripe in the fields. My scholars will spread the word of the Blue and all thoughts of Red will be washed from their minds. But I will not again concern myself with the Grey, General Valahand, I will not again fall prey to your hypocrisy. I will fight on Valahand, bravely doing battle against the mighty Worms of my World, even while my own flesh smothers me.

A question Valahand, the hundreds, the thousands of spirits that follow you to Valor, the chains they throw off, are these chains the bare essentials one needs in order to mount "an unrelenting thunder of sword?" Do you expect your battle hardened lords to cast aside their education, lay down their sword, dismount from their fine warhorse and trudge bare foot into the After, only to find themselves toiling in physical form with the most tedious of tasks, regretting the gold they had foolishly spent in their previous life, now aware that they could have used it in their new existence? Was it making demands like that which earned you those two grotesque scars? or are the rumors true? Was it only a mole you had removed by a drunken barber that left your face in shambles?

- A bloated, engorged, Bone Worm

P.S. Does your wife know of the Barbarian mistress you had while advising my armies in R22?

A Bloated Bone Worm had a vision once, a vision that came after four visits with Aurora, a vision that came after scouting many barbarian cities, a vision that came after conquering six barbarian cities, cities I might add which will now come to know the Blue, cities that will learn to read, and within one generation will understand what they read, this vision was clear, this vision was not meant to cause speculation or arguing, this vision was to good to be true, and this vision of the future of Valor contained many, many, commas.

Bone Clothes
Lancer

Postby Bone Clothes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:38 pm

FYI, nice job with the lore, my gripe is with the general, not a bunny ;)

ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 am

@ bone clothes
Welcome to the forums. Perfect way to make an entrance. I thoroughly enjoyed that. :-)

burford_bunny

Postby burford_bunny » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:54 am

Bone Clothes wrote:But still you counsel I turn from my great battle, you would have me smash the barbarians into the ground with the unrelenting thunder of my ballistics. You sir lack honor! You would have me slaughter the innocent, destroy their humble homes, orphan their sweet, ignorant children! YOU SIR, ARE THE BARBARIAN! These barb cities pose no threat to my mighty crown. The roads between my cities have never been safer, these barbarians, those you would have me destroy, dare not even beg for coin along the roads of my kingdom. Until their existence is a threat to my crown, they will be ignored by me.

And the faction lines are drawn. Well done, sir, for so articulately expressing the sentiments of the anti-Valahand party still fighting strong among Paladin lords. You are not alone.

Our esteemed general would like to believe that all who think as you do will be left to suffocate in their own opulence. It just goes to show that even the most zealous spirits indulge in wishful thinking now and again.

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:35 pm

I still did not update so i live and fight happy without Lore :)
But an ally got 2 scrolls of Valahand attacking the enemy we targeted and our enemy did not barb yet LOL!

A glitch in Lore? hmmm... Do you guys really think the revamp will have no issue?

Meiwyn
Lancer

Postby Meiwyn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I found it quite amusing and contrary to inform us not o cap barbs by asking us to cap barbs. Lol.
I read it as the barbs growing independently. Thy have always gone o just over 19k but this reads as troops and maybe even scholars if the barb cities not kept in check It stops barb farming as a general way f play but I agree with others it would be very frustrating not o be able to cap barbs at all as players being attacked often barb out so those barbs should be in different category at least.

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:03 pm

He says to take their cities, but not waste scholars. That could mean that we will be able to take barbs without scholars. It would certainly make things more interesting in the early game. However, I would not be fond of the barbs becoming more active.

Fire820
Scholar

Postby Fire820 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:41 pm

I have all 6 Valahand dispatches. Very interesting.

Return to “Lore”