Aurora: Vision 5

Home of all Lore.
baumer
Knight

Postby baumer » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:58 am

so far we have gotten 5 visions and 12 scrolls and all i've seen is a lot of fluffy words. and the occasional picture. I feel that I speak for a large number of players when I say can we get to the point yet? That's just my opinion.

JudgeDredge
Knight

Postby JudgeDredge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:09 am

Nothing wrong with some mystery ...if everything' was laid out in black and white it would seem boring and would
Attract the wrong comments ..
Cheers
EXODUS

Asplundh
Knight

Postby Asplundh » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:32 am

Danielstorm - your point is well taken. Consider also sometimes one stays on an "old" world simply because one did well there. Seems a shame to leave 300+ conquered cities just to start all over again on a "new" world, but for some, it is the challenge of playing the early game exceptionally well. Yet others play purely for the diplomatic aspects of the game - forge the strongest alliance possible to stand against all on comers.

Poppie
Guardian

Postby Poppie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 am

World jumpers? What's up playmesh? You promote quitting worlds? I restart and get revenge if I ever get takening out.
Support fighters and encourage the ones with the heart to continue.
As for dropping worlds that we conquered f that. If there is a problem with to many worlds start putting ppl in w1, then w2, etc... Give us fresh meat
********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^********

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:09 pm

Read the scrolls. Read the posts from PM members - including PwnLaw.

They want this to be competitive. It is not when you stay managing your +300 cities.

This is a salute to players that build and war a world - and then when the destiny is set in stone...they move on. Abandon the old world and taking on new challenges.

Being good at Valor is starting well, build relations to form strong guilds and alliances, go to war against other players and manage the diplomacy.

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Vrailis wrote:I don't understand.

Aurora's visions are narrow and simple. She assumes that all champions of the World Tree are after one thing: conquest. She believes that we value honor and glory more then all else; that alliance and progression exists purely to further the selfish ends of our own indifferent agendas. This is vain and cruel and purposeless.

There are some of us, weak in constitution and few in number, who do not subject themselves to the cruel Darwinian nature of Valor. We fight not to conquor and cull, but to establish peace and prosperity across the multiverse. We dream not of seeing our names on the leaderboards or admiring a vast list of thriving cities, but playing in a world where the success of a man's empire depends on the strength of his will rather then the edge on his sword. Let prosperity come upon the one who strives in honest labor to build up his citadel, rather then those who would malevolently seek to steal them away through bloodshed and war.

This 'Emperor' Aurora speaks of is a fool. He took a virgin world in his bare hands and was given an unprecedented opportunity to establish peace and order in a land marred with chaos and death. He forsook the true, noble purpose of his conquest for mindless, meaningless ambition.

Let the demons descend into this mysterious all-haven of 'Valor.' The true fight has yet to be won.

Lmao! Really? To be honest - go play FarmVille :-) Or World War or other games like that - that will bring more satisfaction for you.

Really - you want to build up cities and not go to war? This is a war game - and it is good at being such.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:26 pm

Vrailis wrote:I don't understand.

Aurora's visions are narrow and simple. She assumes that all champions of the World Tree are after one thing: conquest. She believes that we value honor and glory more then all else; that alliance and progression exists purely to further the selfish ends of our own indifferent agendas. This is vain and cruel and purposeless.

There are some of us, weak in constitution and few in number, who do not subject themselves to the cruel Darwinian nature of Valor. We fight not to conquor and cull, but to establish peace and prosperity across the multiverse. We dream not of seeing our names on the leaderboards or admiring a vast list of thriving cities, but playing in a world where the success of a man's empire depends on the strength of his will rather then the edge on his sword. Let prosperity come upon the one who strives in honest labor to build up his citadel, rather then those who would malevolently seek to steal them away through bloodshed and war.

This 'Emperor' Aurora speaks of is a fool. He took a virgin world in his bare hands and was given an unprecedented opportunity to establish peace and order in a land marred with chaos and death. He forsook the true, noble purpose of his conquest for mindless, meaningless ambition.

Let the demons descend into this mysterious all-haven of 'Valor.' The true fight has yet to be won.

You must be playing the wrong game if you want peace and prosperity. War, trickery, backstabbing and deception I'd the name of this game.

TheHeartlessKiller
Guardian

Postby TheHeartlessKiller » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:30 pm

baumer wrote:so far we have gotten 5 visions and 12 scrolls and all i've seen is a lot of fluffy words. and the occasional picture. I feel that I speak for a large number of players when I say can we get to the point yet? That's just my opinion.

No you are right. Can we get to the point Aurora? You are way too vague.

Yus
Lancer

Postby Yus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:57 pm

This game will be so boring if there was no red cities around. Need to get that KSA high up in the ranks. And youcant do that by keep eating barbs.
There will never be peace.!

Daft Vader
Lancer

Postby Daft Vader » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Aurora has been getting confused with"pet hotel", a vicious and violent game.

Current theory: Valor is being simplified. Advantage will accrue to those who cap enemy cities rather than those who go after barbs, similarly KSA will be of more benefit than points. Barbs may attack the passive, or ay be influenced by the aggressive.

All this may be rubbish, but I'm taking bets that those who purchase gold will have even more leverage.

Return to “Lore”