Quark Games Is Under New Ownership

BenTheWicked
Knight

Quark Games Is Under New Ownership

Postby BenTheWicked » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 am

We are passionate gamers who love strategy games. Having collectively played Valor for about two years, we have grown to love and admire the game and community. We honor the original designers and developers of this great game. We are also aware of the many opportunities for improvements.

Just as with our love for strategy, we are calculated and strive to get things “done right the first time.” We can’t do that without your help. We want to work with you to make something amazing.

As we are ramping up our teams, be on the lookout for more communication from the owners and transparency on the whats and whens.
Communication is key. As you play the game, report bugs quickly.

What is the biggest improvement you want in the game? (reply to this post and please exclude known bugs)

- Sincerely Quark Games Teams

Re: Quark Games Is Under New Ownership

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:58 am

To have at least every other world where you can not buy coins. There are fortunate people who can spend $5000 dollars on this game and then there are unfortunate people who can't. Just not fair in a strategy game to buy your winning every time.

Blueheaven
Lancer

Postby Blueheaven » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:11 am

Please make sure to fix and get winning conditions in older worlds like World 104

BenTheWicked
Knight

Postby BenTheWicked » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 am

All worlds 120 and older are permanently open to the players who were around to play them. This was requested by the community, and the original team hard-coded it into the game. In the future, we can revisit those worlds and make decisions about whether or not to close them. It will be a discussion for the entire community, so look out for that.

del6791
Lancer

Postby del6791 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:25 am

Hi, I've been playing valor for 9+ years and over this time the game has had its bugs, these I'm sure can be solved with effort and spending some cash. The valor community is small and majority are loyal to the game. Clearing the bugs that I'm sure you have logs off will stop the frustration of the old players and most of all the new guys as this just puts them off and they leave to play another game.

Negative nerds is one big pet hate of many and can really change the outcome of the world. To remove negative nerds will bring back some old timers and will keep the new players coming Back.

Ghosting is also another bug that really can change the outcome of a world and really needs to stop, a few years ago it was tried by quark to stop ghosting but still players have found a way to see when players are offline.
Again this is why old players don't come back and why new players leave.

This is just a couple of the big problems that really need to be addressed asap.

Good luck to the new owners of quark games.
Regards
Del6791
SU Head Crown.

Frankry
Lancer

Postby Frankry » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 am

Get the manpower needed to fix the bugs
Won't get anywhere with one man having to do everything
I sincerely hope this will be the start of something great for Valor but realistically I'm not holding my breath

Damecan
Lancer

Postby Damecan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:54 pm

Totally agree about closing old worlds but priority, as you aware, is the closing of worlds since October 2016. Negative nerds, medic scouting and ghosting would also encourage both new and older players along with placing a maximum gold purchase per world but this is a difficult matter, no gold sales means no maintenance, Crashing and lag are the most frustrating glitches, especially when you are trying to time attacks. Thanks Ben for holding the fort so efficiently, under what as obviously been under very difficult circumstances these past few weeks.

Lordstark187
Lancer

Postby Lordstark187 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:21 pm

Yes the nerd farming, barb popping and gold spending has been destroying the game.

The gold spending is the biggest issue though. I have been playing Valor for 7+ years and it has just gotten out of control. There should be no way for you to have nerds 2 days into a world, it's just not fair game play. I know you need the cash to keep the game alive but you could cap the amount of gold you can purchase per world. This way there would be skill and strategy needed on how you spend that gold. You could then make worlds with not gold cap for all those rich folk. Gaurentee you will make more cash that way, because those people will see who can spend more gold to win the world.

I don't think gold was an issue in the old worlds because we were so spread out that coining to get your nerds had no relevance. These new small world though, it makes all the difference how fast you get nerds.

LordStark
Hitmen....

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:29 pm

The largest problem, with this game and one reason I might stop playing, is that when you get a lot of messages and or incoming attacks, the game develops performance issues. This means that high level defensive play becomes impossible. To fix this, one might consider givin us a message settings option to allow us to control the types of reports that we see. No one needs to know how many troops they lost self-supporting a city. These messages crowd the inbox and may cause performance issues.

I have heard a lot of people complain about big spenders, I honestly think that the money in this game is balanced very well. I spend very little, maybe $10 a month and am able to be competitive.

The other large anoyance that I'm sure many players have is that support is locked to only guild members and attacks cannot be made on guild members. At the current meta of the game where alliances will stretch multiple guilds, this is merely an inconvenience of switching guilds, especially for android users.

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:22 pm

The game needs to be less predictable.
Currently players with high speed internet connectivity can time multiple attacks to land within seconds.
Life is not that certain, and the game shouldn't be either.
The attack results are effected by LUCK, I think the travel times should be influenced by a similar factor, this would help provide more realistic battle scenarios
In war times there was also a percentage of desertions by troops, especially when they were sent up against huge odds.
It's also a proven fact that troops would defend harder and longer when defending their home territory, there should be at least a SLIM possibility that you can survive an onslaught no matter how large

Return to “Valor”