Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Jeal
Lancer

Postby Jeal » Thu May 31, 2012 4:46 am

Ernesto2 wrote:The changes are way too big to be activated in worlds people have played for a long time and maybe also used money on playing. It is like suddenly changing all the individual settings for all the worlds randomly.

Some players don't like guilds and would prefer to be able to play fine without being a guild member. Such players will of course like the new rules because they make guilds less important.

For other players guilds and the use of chaos are the reason that they play the game and why they have bought a lot of gold to be able to help their guilds. Such players feel that they now don't even have the option to continue playing the game and wonder why you destroyed their game and didn't want their money anymore?

So please don't do such enormous changes in existing worlds. Make new worlds for the new rules and maybe also new worlds that still have the former rules. Then you can see which rules are most popular and under which rules people buy most gold!

Very good point !!

Crusader6
Knight

Postby Crusader6 » Thu May 31, 2012 4:53 am

Chaos sucks, folks need to learn to play.

Kgeorge
Lancer

Postby Kgeorge » Thu May 31, 2012 5:01 am

Everything is about money guys so simple!, it will just make some lower points people t leave

Diederik
Lancer

Postby Diederik » Thu May 31, 2012 5:04 am

As said before, but it deserves more stressing: chaos gone, alas but so be it, but the restriction of a maximum of 15 attacks to one target is just too tight.
It is fun to play the game. Actually I don't mind paying once in a while a small fee for extra bits, but the way you lot are going takes the fun out of it. I suspect the playing community will dwindle significantly. Ok if you think that smaller group can uphold the turnover to keep the programmers happy, but I have my doubts.
Mind you, always vigilant is fine when geographically more or less confined, but this worldwide community never sleeps. Without chaos one can never survive if one needs to sleep once in a while. Attraction gone, end of story.
Me too: I'll witness developments and will possibly be able to say "I told you so". It would sadden me. Started in World 2....

null
Lancer

Postby null » Thu May 31, 2012 5:12 am

geez ppl. read the entire freakin post before you just throw your two cents in the ring. I swear half of this thread is just a regurgitation of something that was already posted several times. ineffable parroting at best.. read. think. act. if we were all just a little more aware and cooperative, then maybe we'd all be a little happier with the evolution. [ill get off my soap box now. ha]

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Thu May 31, 2012 5:29 am

null wrote:geez ppl. read the entire freakin post before you just throw your two cents in the ring. I swear half of this thread is just a regurgitation of something that was already posted several times. ineffable parroting at best.. read. think. act. if we were all just a little more aware and cooperative, then maybe we'd all be a little happier with the evolution. [ill get off my soap box now. ha]

I'd be a little happier with the evolution if it were more reasonable. To fundamentally change the rules mid-game is like moving the end zone 20 yards farther down the field when you are on the 1 yard line. To all the folks saying you have changes in real war - yes that's true. However, in real war you can be PART of that innovation. We are not playing a part in this innovation. You could make the case that the tactics we've developed with chaos are a realistic innovation that we are a part of, and much more true to history than some capricious entity from on high mucking about with our lives.

PlayMesh - how about you spend your time putting together something useful that allows me to give future orders to my training centers so I don't have to touch every city 2x a day. I guarantee I would spend more time attacking if you were to do that. Failing something like that, how about you actually arrange it so I don't have to wait 30-40 seconds in each city for the server to reload my data?

Ikier

Postby Ikier » Thu May 31, 2012 5:31 am

One more player here - been part of the mentioned wars in World 2 where we truly did have great fun and was extremely annoyed when the enemy put the server out 😁

I have witnessed the evolving of chaos - as described by Infusion, OnceCrazy, Stuckmojo and others.

To me - the important part of chaos today is defending a distant newly capped city until support arrives. This part I will miss greatly with this change - and to me that is a problem with the current new setup. If we are not allowed to support enemy cities or newly capped somehow, it changes the game to become a problem with moving two regions. I agree with many on that.

However, when that is said. I am really looking forward to chaos disappearing as a defense strategy in general. I hate when people do that - but it has always only prolonged the pain...never stopped me from taking the city. It has come to a point where chaos is annoying.

I do feel we need the rules changed in some extent so that we can:
1: support a newly conquered city
2: Be able to send more than 15 attacks on one city - as long as we can support it to the degree we can today.

No. 1 can be solved by letting attacks not continue after capture, but letting the attacking troops stay as support - until limit is reached and then the rest return home without attacking. Or - make it possible to support the city you want. Maybe excluding barbs - or maybe so it is only possible on: Guildless players + guilds marked as enemies (and maybe even allies)

I enjoy that chaos is going away - but I don't enjoy the way it is to be done right now, and the fact that it is suddenly happening and still on while we have attacks on the way. (personally I have one long distace against a player who barbed out - and my tactic was made the way it was because I could put the city in chaos)

null
Lancer

Postby null » Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 am

when I say "we" I meant the developers as well as the players. but my point still stands that there are way to many reposts of the exact same suggestions/complaints. contribute something new or just state whether you a agree with a particular point. that's it. too much junk drowning out the logic.

Lordcamulox
Lancer

Postby Lordcamulox » Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 am

Chaos does not suck !!!
And to all the one saying we need to learn how to play : get a life, try to enjoy a game without the need to be focused on your phone screen every fifteen minutes... There will always be hardcore gamer and normal players (the one they called noobs)... They all have the right to play their own ways... There should be a hardcore mode and a normal mode... So Valor addicted could play without screwing other players !

Dredalox
Lancer

Compensation

Postby Dredalox » Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 am

If there is no chaos then give us something we can use instead. My suggestion is that you give us a function that will allow use to give troops to other cities this way weaker players can be supported by the guild in a more sustainable way. This will be limited by the size of the farm but this way it will give us a fighting chance. Also this will add more to the game than what we get from chaos and will allow use to build troop factories that can supply the frontlines. This in my humble opinion is more realistic as a war has always been this way and will give us extra gameplay like taking out supply lines and sacking production hubs. Just my opinion.

Return to “General”