Changes to Chaos on Worlds opened on/after June 6th

General topics and discussion on Valor.
HighlordRunge
Lancer

Postby HighlordRunge » Thu May 31, 2012 6:30 pm

PwnLaw wrote:Hey folks --

If you want more information on where we're going with chaos, check out the Valor 2.0 post here. This was the big project we've been working on for the last month (with chaos changes being a part of that).

Chaos changes were meant to be announced today with those changes going live next week. As you know, things got a bit ahead of themselves with the premature release yesterday. We're pretty bummed because it's cast a bit of a shadow of the launch of Valor 2.0, but hopefully you guys can still get excited about things.

For those not inclined to go over, here's the update on chaos:
- The changes do NOT affect current worlds.
- Chaos will be removed from worlds opening on and after June 6th (and will likely be removed for the foreseeable future).
- We'll be detailing the entire chaos policy on June 6th, including the new numbers.

And since it is coming up a lot, I wanted to mention that 15 outgoing is not the limit we've got slated. That, again, was a system we did not intend to go live (it was for internal testing).

With respect to a lot of the suggestions, we expect there will be some downstream modifications as chaos gets phased out. I'm planning on spending most of the weekend looking at various scenarios and I will be taking the suggestions in this post into account. As usual, I'm seeing some pretty solid analysis that I am absolutely going to consider and present to the team. I fully expect that this will be a running discussion, and we'll open up a new thread to give folks inclined to participate room to debate once the chaos changes are launched.

Valor existed for a good stretch of time without chaos and there were some pretty epic times to be had. You guys have a right to complain about major changes midstream, but we're convinced the future of Valor is better without chaos.

I told you so ;-)

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Now can people stop sooking.

Vinimax
Lancer

Postby Vinimax » Thu May 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for listening PlayMesh.
You have got me and my friends rolling in current world and able to adapt for future ones without mid-game changes ...

CT Eon
Lancer

Postby CT Eon » Thu May 31, 2012 7:29 pm

Kingjason666 wrote:Thanks for the reply Playmesh. Great to see action coming from this thread.

Great work on only making new changes in new worlds. I will pass this through my world ASAP.

You say the 15 attacks are not going to be the limit. But they are in effect ATM. When will they go back to normal.

And what will new limit be.?

Thanks.

I splattered my troops on the enemies cos the 15 limit stopped all my other cities from launching :( ...now they're all after the cities that splatted.../cry...just needed a place to vent :(

Panistal
Lancer

Can't wait!

Postby Panistal » Thu May 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Can't wait for a world without chaos demands!! C'mon June 6th!!!

Richie03
Lancer

Postby Richie03 » Thu May 31, 2012 8:38 pm

Good to know that my current worlds will not be affected by the change in chaos.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Thu May 31, 2012 9:03 pm

Here was an opportunity for making the game more interesting for all, we were many welcoming the change back to a non existing chaos worlds but instead of getting this much needed and wanted change I find playmesh listened to all whining. How very disappointing.
Chaos was, is and still gonna be a tactic of the inept I guess then.
Again, how very disappointing.

Tooltip
Scholar

Postby Tooltip » Thu May 31, 2012 9:06 pm

Larlis, Chaos will be removed for all future worlds.

larlis
Guardian

Postby larlis » Thu May 31, 2012 9:17 pm

Well I don't care abt newer worlds. Im not gonna enter them, Im in too many as it is.
I would have loved to see this implied in the worlds Im in, to see this change back to what it was before the chaos thing came into action.
But I guess I and everyone getting excited about it changing back should have been more vocal (tho It has been lifted numerous times in these forums and strongly requested and stupidly enough I thought this was a fixed thing now)
So I'll whine now instead.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu May 31, 2012 9:49 pm

larlis wrote:Well I don't care abt newer worlds. Im not gonna enter them, Im in too many as it is.
I would have loved to see this implied in the worlds Im in, to see this change back to what it was before the chaos thing came into action.
But I guess I and everyone getting excited about it changing back should have been more vocal (tho It has been lifted numerous times in these forums and strongly requested and stupidly enough I thought this was a fixed thing now)
So I'll whine now instead.

Come to the new world, I'll guild up with you. :D

Return to “General”