Horrible Reliability, Horrible Support, Horrible Horrible

General topics and discussion on Valor.
BobbyT10
Lancer

Horrible Reliability, Horrible Support, Horrible Horrible

Postby BobbyT10 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:49 am

You guys are failing at multiple levels.

1) You are not communicating anything
A) The Problem
B) The ETA
C) THe liklihood that this will recur again

2) Your tech team which is unable to fix this

3) Your customer service for not realizing how annoying and inconvenient this is and compensating players such as:
A) Refunding Players who have actually paid money to you for this disservice
B) Rewarding all players with gold for tolerating this rediculousness

I have NEVER EVER played an app with this much downtime.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 pm

I wanted to step in and answer this post as I know a lot of players are feeling the same way you are.

1. In the forum thread http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.ph ... nect/page6 I was updating as soon as I received any information.

A. This was mentioned in the above thread but this was the route case of last night's server issues http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/29/amazo ... pinterest/

B. There were multiple issues with the servers due to the power outage. Because of this the exact resolution time in this case was not known until it was pretty much resolved.

C. The server team is looking into some measures that will hopefully prevent something like this from happening again.

2. The tech team was able to resolve it, which is why the servers are up and running right now.

3. The support team knows how annoying and inconvenient all server down time is, they are all gamers.

A/B. Contacting the support team, details in my signature is how you would go about this.

I do apologize for the downtime that occurred, it is something we try to avoid whenever we can.

DarthInsidious
Knight

Postby DarthInsidious » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:06 pm

Well the problem is the fact that some people lost their cities or lost their prestige boosts. Or the city they were capturing got back 30 loyalty. Or the (insert what happened to u here)

That's why people are mad. People LOST things

TheGhost

Postby TheGhost » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I thought I'd lost my cat once. Until I remembered I don't have a cat and really don't like them. Turns out I had lost something far more important. My helper monkey Larry.

MechaStorm

Postby MechaStorm » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:23 pm

just want to point out that this is just a game. you dont need to get ****ed off because of it. i know that it is very frustrating but it all works out later. i have had that problem before but it really doesnt make that much of a difference

Deano87
Knight

Postby Deano87 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 pm

Don't play the game then, valor doesn't need sooky players anyway.

Joshuasky
Knight

Postby Joshuasky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:09 am

TheGhost wrote:I thought I'd lost my cat once. Until I remembered I don't have a cat and really don't like them. Turns out I had lost something far more important. My helper monkey Larry.

Thats interesting, i found my pet helper monkey with a nametag that said larry on it. What a coincidence!

KarlChilders
Lancer

Postby KarlChilders » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:38 am

I like the way you talk mmm-hmm. I reckon I'll have some of them French fried taters and mustard. Better'n playin valor any day mmm

DarthInsidious
Knight

Postby DarthInsidious » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:42 am

@mecha

You're the player that I love to cap then

SanSooRonin
Lancer

Postby SanSooRonin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

Mecha has a point. Bottom line is this is a game. It runs on computer servers. They WILL from time to time go down, get fried, explode, or just flat out refuse to work. And while yes, it sucks that you can't attack somebody and take over a city (or whatever you were trying to do), it evens out a bit because at that exact moment, nobody else can do it to you either. On a plus side, think of all the extra resources you'll have built up when you can log back in the next time!

Return to “General”