Latest update

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Tat
Lancer

Latest update

Postby Tat » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:15 pm

The latest update is utter crap.
Aside from the eternal lag, new slew of whacked error messages, the cretinous change in population display and side window display for cities...now we have to put up with manually finding cities since they are no longer identified by sector.This has to be the only game i have ever played where updates actually suck to the level where each update pushes more people off the game....
And what the heck is :"Troops. Loc . Trans en" when trying to attack a player??? Is this the new truce?? Lol

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:18 pm

If anyone reads this before updating - don't update.

XLeviathanx
Lancer

Postby XLeviathanx » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Not sure I will keep playing until they fix this. No longer any fun to play.

Don't mean to be harsh, as I am sure a lot of hard work went into it, but remember when "new" coke was released. Almost ruined coke. Go back fast.

Meiwyn
Lancer

Can you help

Postby Meiwyn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Perhaps there are tricks with this new version I haven't found. I have a series of tasks I used to do I can't do easily anymore so am seeking something I may have missed.
1. Making scholarships. I used to go to academy then using the down arrow scroll through making a scholarship whenever I could. It was one button to change cities and one slide and button to buy scholarships.
Now it seems I have to go out of city to list then back into next city if I can remember where I was up to then ack to academy. This is convoluted. What am I missing?

2. I used to send attacks then scroll through city views to see times still to go and locations . Now it seems as if I have o go in and out to each city to locate rather than a quick scroll.

3. I used to be able to see from bar at top the size of farm and how much food was in use. This enabled easy troop education and rebuilding scrolling to next city when ready.
Now it seems I have to go in and check troop punt to see what is needed. That takes a lot of extra time

If there are tricks then please tell me.

If not then I seriously offer you my 450 or so cities to manage for a while to see the real problems your update is creating for players with more than just a few cities. If you okay the account and maintain my ksa position you would really learn the problems.

I have so many of the really serious " big hitters" expressing frustration in the guild chat rooms on kakao and seriously considering quitting because the maintenance time destroys the fun.

Please consider my offer and the plight of these guys

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm

I agree, I miss the buttons f

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Sorry. I miss the buttons for going left and right to get to next city, put those back in ASAP.
This new update makes it so there are more buttons you have to push to do simple things.
Also put back the troop count on the top.
And why do you even put the city name up there if its next to impossible to see to read it.
Why are you making things harder to do?

AceDragon
Guardian

Postby AceDragon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:58 pm

On second thaught just put the top bar back to the way it was. You need a magnify glass to read all that tiny letters and numbers.

MissDiablo
Lancer

Postby MissDiablo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:29 pm

Ok, don't see how "better" this is.
It takes forever to scroll through your cities now, ohh wait you can't scroll you have to go into every single one at a time by selecting in the sidebar. Sorry I use a lot of time on this game but I don't have THAT much time.

And troop count is now some bread thingy. Where is my troop count at all..!!

Also I can only see the first 8-9 letters of my cities. I need a whole new name strategy to find and remember my cities.

At least I can see where to buy coins. :/

Please please please go back to the more simple layout Playmesh. I thought that was the whole idea with this game. Simple but absolutely awesome.

Kingjason666
Knight

Postby Kingjason666 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Well I updated and then went back to old version. Do this everyone and screw the latest downgrade

Delete valor from your phone altogether. The connect your phone to your pc. And drag the old version from your pc back onto your iPhone and sync.

This will get you what ever the old version was on your pc. The older it is the more chance valor has less bugs.
Only downside to this is you must reload each city and as I have 1131 city's In a world that's going to take some time. But at least I can scroll through city's again.

Biwin
Knight

Postby Biwin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:47 pm

I haven't synched my iPad to my computer since before downloading Valor directly through my iPad, so this won't work for me :(

Good idea for people who have though.

Return to “General”