Barbarian city impossible instant armies.

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Catharsis
Lancer

Barbarian city impossible instant armies.

Postby Catharsis » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 am

Goodbye Valor!!! Playmesh, since you decided to go heavy on the change and fill barbarian cities with thousands of troops between one attack and the next, thus rewarding active players by needlessly destroying their armies yet again, I have decided that this is it for valor for me. My last penny has been spent, and now I'm lobbying friends to do the same.

Aquisgran
Lancer

Postby Aquisgran » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 am

I guess hou can say that... Nothing of valor was lost today... YEEAAAAAAAH

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Catharsis wrote:Goodbye Valor!!! Playmesh, since you decided to go heavy on the change and fill barbarian cities with thousands of troops between one attack and the next, thus rewarding active players by needlessly destroying their armies yet again, I have decided that this is it for valor for me. My last penny has been spent, and now I'm lobbying friends to do the same.

You are confusing a glitch we are working on resolving (where an impossible amount of troops are instantly created at a barbarian/inactive player city) and a new feature we are beta testing.

Thousands of troops magically appearing in a barbarian city is not something that we purposefully created and we are working to eliminate that bug.

Qwerty
Lancer

Postby Qwerty » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

I hope you guys fix that asap because it seems to me that the bug is getting worse (or I just spawned unlucky) . In w94 I only had 1 of those close to me and it was a barb, in w104 I have 5 lords and barbs with 2,000-6,000 lancers in a city which really limits my farm potential because I have to avoid close ones and focus on more distant farm locations.

Jayleon
Lancer

Postby Jayleon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:02 am

Orlor stated:
Thousands of troops magically appearing in a barbarian city is not something that we purposefully created and we are working to eliminate that bug.

Does Playmesh expect us to believe it is a glitch that Barb Cities, once the food trough of the masses, suddenly has a poisonous glitch of inserting lethal troops and increased wall building abilities. I think it is easier to believe that your staff is cheating in a war you called for in W100. Taking away the "Crack" from the farming junkies is a great way to thin the competition.

Remember the old adage in programming: Garbage in, Garbage out........ Game on Orlor!

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:31 am

I can say from personal experience, it has been around since before W100.

Brendone
Knight

Postby Brendone » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:48 pm

Also, there is no one left from Playmesh in W100. It happens to inactive players to, and I know someone who joined a world and never played it, and when they checked back in their city had 6500/254 farm and 6400 lancers in it. I doubt that was intentional!

KAM2000
Lancer

Postby KAM2000 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:02 pm

It still needs to be fixed asap...this is taking ages, and how many troops have died because of a persistent error?

LordFirefall

Postby LordFirefall » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Last I heard, they were trying to find the cause of it.

Return to “General”