On Valor's brutality

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Rorschach
Lancer

On Valor's brutality

Postby Rorschach » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:55 pm

Valor claims to be outstanding brutal. At least this is what I understand when I read what the Playmeshs posts. Now, what makes it brutal? I think I have some ideas! Came to me after playing on the iPhone for some months.

Did you ever try to heavily farm the cities around you? Did you ever try to scout them before you hit? I tell you this is brutal. One big list of reports, one after another. All named xyz attacks Barb city (112,456). Ok, I so just remember all the coords to tell them apart??? Wtf??? Brutality by number crunching brain drain? Brutality by obfuscation?
Ever thought about attaching the reports directly to the cities on the map? Small icon shows I got some report on the city, click the icon see the reports! What about this?

Talking cities and maps. You wanna know where your guild members are located? Just go to the guild section, check the members list, select the first member, look at his details, focus his city...hmm...not close...do it again for the next player! Wow! It's 25 players, each with several cities! That's brutal!!
Why not have a map, that is scalable? Something that gives you an overview about where everybody is? Instead of scrolling for hours around, just to find out the map data wasn't updated yet...just an idea. Stop brutality by confusing.

Valor is a highly communicative game, guild members, allies, neighbors and foes, want to be messaged to, if you want to coordinate whatever. Ugh c'mon, the messaging tool is all you got??? This is pure pain. External tools like kakao, where you only reach half of the players and you never can be sure who is who, are the only option? But as Valor's power and fun evolve with talking to each other, shouldn't there be an admirable tool integrated that makes messaging easy? If guilds are supposed to be the anchor shouldn't communication be your grail? Messages to groups of players? Instant messages? Some tiny little cutie to delete all messages at once?
Forum? Honestly - You didn't say that!!!??? Brutality by non-functionality!

Another final brutal aspect - the waiting. When you start a new city - you wait. For resources, for troops, for buildings. In between you farm whatever looks like a city, if it's a little farther away, well then you wait. Well, I admit, in times where rushing seems to be the new relaxing, I feel absolutely comfortable with a game, that leaves me some time for other things. Still it sums up to close to a month of playing and waiting until you start to enjoy the real Valor by capturing your neighbors, hopping from guild to guild and chatting to your fellow mates. (Via kakao.) Now: it takes an organized enemy of about five players to take down what you build in weeks in just a couple of hours.
I deeply admire their coordination (guess they used kakao) and have absolutely no regrets. Not at all, I myself did this, and I loved it! But did you ever realize, that people often quit once their biggest city was taken? Do you know why? It's because the brutality of waiting just overwhelms them in a way that they rather go back to their Hay Day farm, instead of waiting for all the rebuilding to happen. Maybe this is your understanding of brutality. Where I come from, it's called unbalanced game play. But you get this point: this is damn brutal. At least I gain lots of offense/defense points!! What are they good for? Ah, I look at them while I wait...

Now, if you read this far and especially if you are a Playmesh's guy: thanks, your commitment is close to unique.
I know, if I don't like the game, why don't i just quit? That's the point! I really like it! Promised! Nevertheless what I rant about you created a great game. Through the Valorian mist I can divine the wished for brutality far off brutality caused by barbarian usability. Keep it up, I assure you I keep playing!

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:00 am

Rorschach wrote:Valor claims to be outstanding brutal. At least this is what I understand when I read what the Playmeshs posts. Now, what makes it brutal? I think I have some ideas! Came to me after playing on the iPhone for some months.

Did you ever try to heavily farm the cities around you? Did you ever try to scout them before you hit? I tell you this is brutal. One big list of reports, one after another. All named xyz attacks Barb city (112,456). Ok, I so just remember all the coords to tell them apart??? Wtf??? Brutality by number crunching brain drain? Brutality by obfuscation?
Ever thought about attaching the reports directly to the cities on the map? Small icon shows I got some report on the city, click the icon see the reports! What about this?

Talking cities and maps. You wanna know where your guild members are located? Just go to the guild section, check the members list, select the first member, look at his details, focus his city...hmm...not close...do it again for the next player! Wow! It's 25 players, each with several cities! That's brutal!!
Why not have a map, that is scalable? Something that gives you an overview about where everybody is? Instead of scrolling for hours around, just to find out the map data wasn't updated yet...just an idea. Stop brutality by confusing.

Valor is a highly communicative game, guild members, allies, neighbors and foes, want to be messaged to, if you want to coordinate whatever. Ugh c'mon, the messaging tool is all you got??? This is pure pain. External tools like kakao, where you only reach half of the players and you never can be sure who is who, are the only option? But as Valor's power and fun evolve with talking to each other, shouldn't there be an admirable tool integrated that makes messaging easy? If guilds are supposed to be the anchor shouldn't communication be your grail? Messages to groups of players? Instant messages? Some tiny little cutie to delete all messages at once?
Forum? Honestly - You didn't say that!!!??? Brutality by non-functionality!

Another final brutal aspect - the waiting. When you start a new city - you wait. For resources, for troops, for buildings. In between you farm whatever looks like a city, if it's a little farther away, well then you wait. Well, I admit, in times where rushing seems to be the new relaxing, I feel absolutely comfortable with a game, that leaves me some time for other things. Still it sums up to close to a month of playing and waiting until you start to enjoy the real Valor by capturing your neighbors, hopping from guild to guild and chatting to your fellow mates. (Via kakao.) Now: it takes an organized enemy of about five players to take down what you build in weeks in just a couple of hours.
I deeply admire their coordination (guess they used kakao) and have absolutely no regrets. Not at all, I myself did this, and I loved it! But did you ever realize, that people often quit once their biggest city was taken? Do you know why? It's because the brutality of waiting just overwhelms them in a way that they rather go back to their Hay Day farm, instead of waiting for all the rebuilding to happen. Maybe this is your understanding of brutality. Where I come from, it's called unbalanced game play. But you get this point: this is damn brutal. At least I gain lots of offense/defense points!! What are they good for? Ah, I look at them while I wait...

Now, if you read this far and especially if you are a Playmesh's guy: thanks, your commitment is close to unique.
I know, if I don't like the game, why don't i just quit? That's the point! I really like it! Promised! Nevertheless what I rant about you created a great game. Through the Valorian mist I can divine the wished for brutality far off brutality caused by barbarian usability. Keep it up, I assure you I keep playing!

I think you'll like what's coming your way next week (Apple Gods permitting). Trial By Sword incoming.

Imya
Knight

Postby Imya » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:30 am

I'm curious about this TBS and the info tidbit being dropped. Does any one have a consolidates thread with all the tidbits together?

MyName999
Scholar

Postby MyName999 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:37 am

Rorschach: go eat an icecream and watch tv cartoons ;-p

Return to “General”