Barb City buildings Slow

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Stan256
Lancer

Barb City buildings Slow

Postby Stan256 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:27 am

Why is it in the new worlds where I conquered a barb without a scholar that this new city is so slow at building buildings. It told me it would take 2hrs to construct level 4 city hall. But in my main city I'm building city lvl13 and it's like 30 minutes or something. Also can't build academy and limited to only training lancers, Sent, Zerks. What good is it to cap a barb that is so limited. Other than building up the market and using it to send resources to my real cities.

gdaxe
Lancer

Postby gdaxe » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm

The point is to encourage you to cap player cities and not be a barb farmer.

Stan256
Lancer

Postby Stan256 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 pm

gdaxe wrote:The point is to encourage you to cap player cities and not be a barb farmer.

I would like a response from Playmesh.

Cacike
Lancer

Postby Cacike » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm

I thought it was nice to have more resource income but if is so slow to build then it defeats the purpose of conquering a barb over farming it.

Slaskio
Lancer

Postby Slaskio » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 pm

I am just a commoner of the world, but perhaps I can make these new species of barbs more appealing to the eyes. Now you seem to have knowledge of both barbarian species. With the old it was nice to have full capability of a normal city. But to do so, you had to spend days and days to take your first neighboring barb. The new species of barbs are not as advanced, but you can acquire them fairly quickly now. New barbs call for new strategies. The new barbs have lower city halls, it costs more to upgrade it, and has a bigger impact by doing so(faster regen). And you only have the barracks, but the most powerful and efficient troops are all ground units. Personally I use barbs purely for defences that are close to my main city. That way the full potential cities are capable of making full clears without sacrificing defence. How to use the barbs effectively are up to you, but don't go into a new situation with old mentalities. Honestly I hated the new barbs in beta, but as my ideas started to differ, I started seeing new ways to play with them. It's slow, but capping first barb at day 2/3 makes up for it, as well as providing an extremely useful tool earlier game. Hope my rambling is of some use.

ChuckThePlant

Postby ChuckThePlant » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 am

I think Slaskio provided a good analysis of it, but the important part in his response that he brings up is it's all in how you view the game, how you choose to play and strategize. Even without scholars, cavalry, and war machines, there can be an advantage in producing more resources and troops, not to mention I think the new barbs cities look pretty cool. On the flip side, it is an up front cost to cap a barb, takes a decent amount of upkeep in time and resources to upgrade, and it can be harder to hold onto than a normal city since enemies don't need scholars to take it away from you. If you find that capping barbs is useless, go ahead and save your troops and resources for once you get a scholar, but I guarantee you everyone else at the party is going for the barbs, and all things put to the side, having another city, even a weaker city, is still a slight edge. If you're gonna let them gain that edge without a fight, you may be the one losing in the end.

Happy Strategizing!

Return to “General”