Upcoming worlds

General topics and discussion on Valor.
DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Upcoming worlds

Postby DirtySouthATL » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Hey........... update the upcoming world info thread.... Not that I intend on playing for a very long while, but i'd still like to see it.

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:07 pm

DirtySouthATL wrote:Hey........... update the upcoming world info thread.... Not that I intend on playing for a very long while, but i'd still like to see it.

From that thread.

"With the release of Trial by Sword the world speeds aren't changing per world (except for actual speed worlds).

If the speeds do change again, this thread will be updated. "

DirtySouthATL
Guardian

Postby DirtySouthATL » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:51 am

So now all new worlds will be Trial by Sword worlds?

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:26 am

DirtySouthATL wrote:So now all new worlds will be Trial by Sword worlds?

That is correct. There are always chances for different game types (some not released yet) but the 1k and 5k worlds are standard now.

Davemac20
Lancer

Postby Davemac20 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:50 pm

That is a shame. Many players from older worlds are looking, and commenting on this as a negative development.
I've played from world 4 and find the speed worlds to be far less engaging. I cannot see the point in playing when the game has evolved into something where you can be reset over the course of two hours. Where is the skill or strategy in that? The game is now targeting a different market than that I, and many others occupy.
One of the main attractions to Valor was the fact that it offered a game that I could play for 1-2 hours a day and have the chance of some success and longevity to.
That has been stripped. Can't see me starting any new worlds now.

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Davemac20 wrote:That is a shame. Many players from older worlds are looking, and commenting on this as a negative development.
I've played from world 4 and find the speed worlds to be far less engaging. I cannot see the point in playing when the game has evolved into something where you can be reset over the course of two hours. Where is the skill or strategy in that? The game is now targeting a different market than that I, and many others occupy.
One of the main attractions to Valor was the fact that it offered a game that I could play for 1-2 hours a day and have the chance of some success and longevity to.
That has been stripped. Can't see me starting any new worlds now.

Speed Worlds and Main Valor Worlds are two separate things. Speed Worlds resolve in a few hours. Main Valor (5k & 1k worlds) should take 3-9 months to complete, depending on how strong your guild in.

The big changes we made to the main Valor worlds is dropped out inactive cities and reduced the size of the world so that a single guild could conquer it and achieve a victory condition.

JudgeDredge
Knight

Postby JudgeDredge » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:52 pm

I agree,
If this trail by sword is how valour is going in the future..
For many players I have spoken to they are playing there last world now as they dont want to play with small
world and with these new Barb rules.
Cheers
EXODUS

PwnLaw

Postby PwnLaw » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 pm

JudgeDredge wrote:I agree,
If this trail by sword is how valour is going in the future..
For many players I have spoken to they are playing there last world now as they dont want to play with small
world and with these new Barb rules.
Cheers

Entirely their choice. Games need to evolve and not everyone will want to participate in that movement. It'd be sad if they opted out before trying them though. I've heard very little by way of negative feedback from people who have tried the new worlds.

JudgeDredge
Knight

Postby JudgeDredge » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:52 am

Thanks for your Comments PwnLaw.
Personally I have not made up my mind fully on the new worlds. I'm testing one world (135) with some friends and will
give you my feed back! ( It might take a few month)
Cheers
EXODUS

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:29 am

As i already said in other posts i will try new little worlds (i am not a big fan of new features but i will try anyway) once you guys fix old issues & multicity management.
Right now i can join a new world but i have no time to play in it (really playing: i do not give up after few weeks like somebody does) unless i stop my daily boring wasting time management duties

Return to “General”