Tournament of Champions

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Nachos2
Knight

Tournament of Champions

Postby Nachos2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:56 pm

I was just curious as to why ToC invites were sent to people that were ranked 1st in standard worlds if the tournament will be played like a speed world, whereas you can win 100 speed worlds but not get an invite because you're not ranked first in a standard world? It just seems odd to me because I've won multiple speed worlds on 2 different accounts but in standard worlds I've never been ranked first because I work 80 hours a week. I'm currently ranked second in a standard world but missed the invite because the #1 ranked guy accepted his invite without realizing its a speed world game. He doesn't like speed worlds. So because standard worlds and speed worlds play so differently, why would you get an invite to ToC based on your play in a standard world? You could say I'm just upset about not getting an invite but it just seems like a poor way to give invites out for a speed world tournament to me.

Akhilesh
Lancer

Postby Akhilesh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm

There is a way Nachos.
If u have winned multible times, you riseved a grat amount of gold, and you have/had chance to join new standard world, and use all the gold, be Top 1, and stay there for the invite.

For me, i have wonned 20x times speed world ( gold ), Some second places and third, and i collected 7000 gold, and wasted it all in world 155 ( if i were right ) and i gained 8000 pints with some hours and i stayd in that place and i got the invite :)

Must be smart :)
Lord of Speed world's

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Nachos2 wrote:I was just curious as to why ToC invites were sent to people that were ranked 1st in standard worlds if the tournament will be played like a speed world, whereas you can win 100 speed worlds but not get an invite because you're not ranked first in a standard world? It just seems odd to me because I've won multiple speed worlds on 2 different accounts but in standard worlds I've never been ranked first because I work 80 hours a week. I'm currently ranked second in a standard world but missed the invite because the #1 ranked guy accepted his invite without realizing its a speed world game. He doesn't like speed worlds. So because standard worlds and speed worlds play so differently, why would you get an invite to ToC based on your play in a standard world? You could say I'm just upset about not getting an invite but it just seems like a poor way to give invites out for a speed world tournament to me.

Hello, it should first be noted that they announced that while the top player from world would receive the first invites, eventually the other top players will most likely get their shot as well. I agree that there is a huge difference in strategy and game play between standard and speed worlds, however I believe that it's hard to rank players based on previous experience in speed worlds. Mainly due to the fact that they are so fast and frequent, it is hard to judge the real skill of the player over the lack of experience of the other players. Using top players from standard worlds allows for players who have proven themselves over longer periods of time. I am not trying to discredit your skills in either mode of play but this is my point of view. The use of speed worlds for the ToC is the only viable way to do it without it taking months to complete!

Return to “General”