Tournament of champions!

General topics and discussion on Valor.
Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:18 pm

I wasn't personally in #1 but have alot of friends who were... Orlor that sounds totally fair but I would guess 70% or more of the players had to miss work or other obligations to be on time today. I agree with the others that they need some kind of compensation. If you want to send it all to me, I will gladly hold it for them! :)

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Yes the missing work part of it is the worst thing about it, I know I myself took last night off work so I could sleep and be ready to play this morning. I of course use vacation time so it didn't cost me anything on my pay check but I guess it's more the principle of the thing. And used unnesasary vacation time.

Krumbz613
Guardian

Postby Krumbz613 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Superior1 wrote:Yes the missing work part of it is the worst thing about it, I know I myself took last night off work so I could sleep and be ready to play this morning. I of course use vacation time so it didn't cost me anything on my pay check but I guess it's more the principle of the thing. And used unnesasary vacation time.

My guild mate actually told his boss he was in ToC and boss told him to have the day off. I need a boss like that!

Pmpnjomama
Lancer

Postby Pmpnjomama » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm going to be really bummed if top 24 don't move on. I understand it was messed up, but I played anyway. I can't always block off time for tournaments. :(

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:54 pm

Ya I played the entire 4 hours of it as well. I had already devoted those 4 hours to it so I played it. I'm glad that even though they knew it was FUBAR'd they let us play anyways though, it would have been way worse if it had just stayed saying oops your dead. And then they said try again next week.

Pmpnjomama
Lancer

Postby Pmpnjomama » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:39 pm

One other thing I wanted to add about the tourney. I understand that to be fair you had to give out invites to the rank 1 players first, but in my opinion that makes this first qualifier one of the hardest possible. It's statistically the best from each world playing each other. It would be cool if it were more like NCAA basketball and you were rewarded with a top seed by playing lower seeded players. Just something to consider maybe for the future. Thanks.

RASKULL
Lancer

Postby RASKULL » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Hey, if any of the Valor admins could answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it but are these worlds intended to be giant speed worlds? I know the world's traits were all over the place today but I'd like to know just before we re-do it next weekend. I hope we spawn with 500k resources rather than the 8k we spawned with today. And @Pmpnjomama, I totally feel you. I made top 24 as well. If we have to re-do it. Oh well..

Orlor

Postby Orlor » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:33 pm

That was one of the main issues today RASKULL. Some peoples speed were as if they were in a normal world and others were the correct (speed world speed).

The actual Qualifiers are supposed to be like giant speed worlds. This is why they are only 4 hours long and not an entire month or so on a normal speed world.

chimbinh
Knight

Postby chimbinh » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:06 pm

My ingame ID is vovanpro and I came in fifth place trying my best playing the screwed up world. I wasted 4 hours of my time because an Admin said the result would still count. Now Orlor says I will need to spend another day off work to play for 4 hours again?!??. Personally I think that is fair for those who got bad lick and got their cities taken early, but I still want some compensate for my time and work.

RASKULL
Lancer

Postby RASKULL » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:37 am

Alright. Cool. So a massive speed world..thanks Orlor. I hope the way I build my buildings will flow well this time. :)

Return to “General”