General topics and discussion on Valor.

What would you like to see?

You may select 1 option

View results

Willia
Knight

New Worlds VS Old Worlds Poll

Postby Willia » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 pm

I hope this works properly. As my last thing associated with Valor (other than giving all my cities away) I wanted to set up this poll to get a general feel for how the current members here feel in total. I know some people are completely against new worlds as I am sure there are those against the old style.

Basically lets do a rough check and see who wants what. Would prefer to see this go to all players rather than just the ones that check the forums but I can only try this.

These are the choices I had in mind for the poll

A: Go back to old worlds
B: Get rid of old and just use new style
C: Have game modes that allow you to choose one or the other or a combo of both (possibly both types of barbs to keep both sides happy)
D: Don't care, will play no matter what

McMorris
Lancer

Postby McMorris » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:41 pm

C

That choice is based on the fact that I know the developers will refuse to go back to the old style. So I figure a good compromise is in order.

EmperorTrajan
Lancer

Postby EmperorTrajan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm

C
I say we make a
Classic Game Mode with older type settings. I have a thread on that under Idea/Suggestions named:
"Old World Game Type"
Even though PwnLaw is already trying to shoot this idea down, I will keep trying. Also PwnLaw don't respond/quote this as I don't intend on rechecking this thread.

Bobostl
Lancer

Postby Bobostl » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Have the old world concept come back once in awhile. They are nice since many people to work with but can take forever to end

ThatValorPlayer
Knight

Postby ThatValorPlayer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm

There is currently a gaping hole for those who prefer long play.

I'd like to see something like 20k player worlds opening every 3 months with a 12 month life span. Most points at the end wins. New barb features, and the current win condition to be able to finish sooner if possible.
┏( -_-)┛..::LtFarrk::..┗(-_- )┓

OldGamer
Lancer

Postby OldGamer » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 pm

C - let people to choose their world... but maybe Quarkgames does not want new players to see what they miss in new worlds: new guys might prefer the old ones ... O.o

Superior1

Postby Superior1 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:33 am

C- I'm an old timer on this game and have lots of team mates that I want to keep not pick and choose from so I would like to see some old world style again as well. And possibly brick walks included in the game for killing off unwanted troops. Killing off troops has always been a pain and in the new format in unaware how to really now other then attacking another player. As attacking a barb now would cause you to end up conquering it.

KMT
Guardian

Postby KMT » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 am

C- Yes, let us play a new "old style" world... us not interested in simply throwing troops against new barbs

We have a thread about it:
http://forum.playmesh.com/showthread.php?7674-Old-World-Game-Type

Poppie
Guardian

Postby Poppie » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:47 am

C. New worlds seem to pop up every week. I remember waiting for w100 for months. I miss long wars, players you remember cuz they stick beside you for the long run, and smaller guilds allied against the black hats

Garrett15141
Lancer

Postby Garrett15141 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Definitely c, I'm sure most everyone will think that

Return to “General”